XIM Community

Aim Assist  (Read 385 times)

Offline bennyskoo

• View Profile
Aim Assist
« on: 03:09 PM - 02/22/22 »
I have been playing the Nexus since release and I always thought that aim assist plus motion would be the ultimate killer combo but here as of late I see myself taking a different approach and my increased accuracy is the proof. Iím feeling more and more that any form of aim assist is a hindrance to the accuracy in the games I been playing. I have been completely turning it off and my adjustment in ads and hip have improved significantly vs with aim assist on and being unable to make small adjustments because the target is locked in. Iím curious to see if you guys feel the same?

Cheers
Benny

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Aim Assist
« Reply #1 on: 01:45 AM - 02/23/22 »
I have been saying that exact statement about aim assist with Xim for years.

It's also amazing that when you turn off AA in some games ( Division 2 for example ) the bad aiming system in the game suddenly isn't anywhere near as bad.

Micro aim adjust around enemies in that game are notoriously bad with Xim KB/M, but if you turn off aim assist all of a sudden those micro movements are much easier and smoother.

The Nexus does a better job with that game in general, but that is not to do with aiming, it is to do with general movement, Like turning while in sprint, the right stick makes it very easily controlled , where Xim KB/M requires a lot of messing with either turn assist or in my case an aux config.

Something I have noticed is the game is very different when played on my XB1X   compared to my XBSX.

Offline JaxonH

• #GyroGamingMasterRace
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ActionJaxonH
  • PSN ID: jaxonholden
« Reply #2 on: 07:56 PM - 02/23/22 »
I prefer playing without Aim Assist. I'm sure AA on top of gyro is really powerful, but it also makes you lazy with your aiming as you rely on the game to do the dirty work on your behalf.

Learning to dial in your aim 100% manually is a crucial skill to develop- even if you were to eventually revert back to using AA, I think you'll be a better player having learned how to do it all on your own.

And ya, it can be aggravating when trying to aim somewhere and magnetism pulls your cursor away from the intended target. Doesn't happen too often but it does happen.
CURRENTLY PLAYING
NS: 13 Sentinels, Triangle Strategy, LEGO Star Wars
PC: Monster Hunter Rise
XSX: Call of Duty Vanguard
PS5: Horizon Forbidden West, Killzone Shadowfall

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:16 PM - 02/23/22 »
I play with AA on for the same reason a lot of the top WZ players agree that controllers are starting to become meta on PC over native MKB - the tracking assistance on the aim assist will often out-react any human. In games where split seconds make a huge difference, it's quite a large edge to give up.

By all means practice with it off if it helps you attain greater accuracy in the long run, but in my view turning it off is actively a disadvantage.

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:45 PM - 02/23/22 »
Iím going to go ahead and say itís probably game dependent which should and shouldnít have aim assist.

Offline bennyskoo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:05 PM - 02/23/22 »
When using aim assist it locks on to a target which can be a struggle when pinpoint accuracy is the difference in a faster TTK headshot vs bodyshot. When aim assist is turned on it feels like Iím fighting the aim assist for precision.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:12 PM - 02/28/22 »
If you want to get really good with Gyro, at least for COD Vanguard(PC) do yourself a favor and go with Aim Assist off. Experience with Nexus so far has been amazing and it's allowed me to retain that muscle memory with better reflexes. 
If Gyro ever takes off and becomes the norm, you'll already be ahead of the curve =P

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:23 PM - 02/28/22 »
Iím going to go ahead and say itís probably game dependent which should and shouldnít have aim assist.

I'll go with this answer too. On some games the aim assist is just too strong and feels more like an obstacle. In other games though its effect is barely noticeable so you might as well keep it active.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Nferguzl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ferdster911
« Reply #8 on: 12:37 PM - 03/01/22 »
Aim assist also seems to create more recoil than with it off. I would infer then that with it off guns are easier to control. Only advantage of AA really is the sticky aim it creates.

Admin