XIM Community

Is Apex manufacturing over for good or until supply chain is back?  (Read 321 times)

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
As per the subject, I have been hoping to get an Apex, and noticed a comment that due to the supply chain problems, the Apex is no longer being manufactured.

Once the supply chain returns to normal, whenever that is, will Apex manufacturing start up again or am I just SOL for using M/K on consoles, outside a few games where supported on that console?
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
While Ob will have to confirm. I swear I saw him reply to a question like this recently stating it will continue again after parts aren't obscenely expensive.

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
Once chip cost goes down they will. Iím hoping for a revision to make it more powerful for more sick inputs.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
There are 12+ month queues for components in APEX and costs have gone through the roof. APEX will either need to undergo a design revision to source comparable parts, or wait until the manufacturing backlog has cleared. In both cases, the retail price will have to go up.

It's not in China's financial interest to clear the queues while demand outstrips supply and they can charge an arm & a leg for components. If you think they care, you're sadly mistaken, it's all about the green. Meanwhile small manufacturers like XIM and ConsoleTuner are sent to the wall because the big end of town like Sony & MS locks up all of the supply. Greedy capitalists win again.

This problem won't be solved until more chip manufacturers setup in the US and EU, which will take years to complete. It highlights the risk of outsourcing manufacturing to low-cost slave labour providers. The West really needs to be more self-reliant, but that means we'll end up paying more for our goodies, so it's a Catch 22.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
undergo a design revision to source comparable parts

To be clear, there are no comparable parts either.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
That's great  :o

There's lots of media reporting about one chip manufacturer or another setting up a plant in the US to ease the burden. Is it all talk and no action? The end to this still seems a long way off  :-\

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, a lot of construction of semiconductor foundries is currently happening here in the US. But, these take awhile to build.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That's great  :o

There's lots of media reporting about one chip manufacturer or another setting up a plant in the US to ease the burden. Is it all talk and no action? The end to this still seems a long way off  :-\

Intel plans to build a multi-billion semi-conductor plant in Europe too, but it will take years before its ready for production.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central