Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
Re: Custom Thumbsticks
« Reply #30 on: 08:48 PM - 02/25/22 »
I definitely really like seeing LITHE use his talents on projects just like this one. He is excellent as you can see. I do want to remind people though that taking apart a XIM NEXUS will void it's warranty.

Thanks OBsIV. And with that said, I'll also right away make the clip on style caps that won't require disassembly. I really want to incentivise those that aren't completely comfortable with taking apart electronics to go with those instead.

Offline RonaldRSB

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04:16 AM - 02/27/22 »
Hey Lithe, the sticks look great! I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks again for making this possible.

And OBsIV, yes, of course I'm aware that my warranty will be voided, but I'll take that. I notice that on my Scuf Instict Pro that I play better with a higher stick. That's why I'm glad that Lithe allows me to do that. And I hope that the Xim2 will offer this option with exchangeable sticks. You guys are doing a great job, the Xim is just fun. Thanks

Offline Got Your VI

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Got Your VI
« Reply #32 on: 09:09 AM - 02/28/22 »
This is really nice!

$35 bucks sounds fair to me, let me know please thank you.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:53 PM - 02/28/22 »
This is really nice!

$35 bucks sounds fair to me, let me know please thank you.

Yup there will be extra. I'll probably have the sales outlet (ebay or etsy) up Wednesday or Thursday.

Offline T3MP4

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04:18 PM - 02/28/22 »
canít wait to get a set.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08:27 PM - 02/28/22 »
Shafts are done! I'll start finalizing the rubber caps soon.

Offline RonaldRSB

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:46 AM - 03/01/22 »
Awesome  ;D Good Job

Offline Got Your VI

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:29 AM - 03/02/22 »
Sweet looking forward 

Offline CodeFuzion

• Gaming is life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CodeFuzion
  • PSN ID: CodeFuzion
« Reply #38 on: 12:23 PM - 03/02/22 »
I definitely really like seeing LITHE use his talents on projects just like this one. He is excellent as you can see. I do want to remind people though that taking apart a XIM NEXUS will void it's warranty.

Thanks OBsIV. And with that said, I'll also right away make the clip on style caps that won't require disassembly. I really want to incentivise those that aren't completely comfortable with taking apart electronics to go with those instead.

I would be interested in the clip on if you do print those - I dont want to void my warranty but do like longer sicks because it gives more range of motion.
I reject your reality and substitute in my own - PolymorphicViewpoint

Senior Solution Architect / Cloud Architect / Director of Cybersecurity

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01:38 PM - 03/02/22 »
I'll definitely make the snap on ones soon. I actually don't even want these current ones up for sale until I make those. I want to make sure the only people getting these are completely comfortable with disassembly and warranty voids.

Offline Got Your VI

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:55 PM - 03/02/22 »
I'll definitely make the snap on ones soon. I actually don't even want these current ones up for sale until I make those. I want to make sure the only people getting these are completely comfortable with disassembly and warranty voids.

I am one of them, that has no issues with the void warranty disclaimer 👍. I have taken apart elites to mod them, so im comfortable with the process.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:00 PM - 03/02/22 »
NEXUS is more simple than Elite to take apart as well. Its a pretty elegant design.

Also as a quick update I'm still printing all the caps which are taking a tad longer than expected, about 1hr for each left, 1hr 30 min for each right cap.

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12:03 AM - 03/03/22 »
we wait patiently. 8) The guarantee is clear. I've even changed the thumbsticks with potentiometer on my controller because of strong stick drift. I have 2 nexuses  ;D

Offline T3MP4

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:15 AM - 03/03/22 »
donít mind voiding the warranty I used to repair my controllers got multiple sets of alps analog sticks. and potentiometers no matter what analog sticks Wear Down over time  start to feel loose and end up getting slight wobble play.
« Last Edit: 12:34 AM - 03/03/22 by T3MP4 »

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07:03 PM - 03/03/22 »
Been using the updated version that you guys are getting for the last few days. Really liking the small changes I did. The angles of the shafts now match the shell perfectly, the right stick is a tad lower since my last version was exaggerated a bit, and the left sticks shaft is a tad wider for even more response.

Admin