XIM Community

Custom Thumbsticks  (Read 4633 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Custom Thumbsticks
« Reply #120 on: 06:21 AM - 06/19/22 »
Yeah, it was Switch. You'll need to find out if it's the Switch Pro or the Joy-Con though. I'm guessing the Switch Pro.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sergons

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 10:10 AM - 06/19/22 »
Currently designing the beginning stages of the back buttons. Lots of weird angles so it's definitely pushing my CAD skills.
you can do it, we believe in you  :D

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 11:12 AM - 06/19/22 »
Yeah, it was Switch. You'll need to find out if it's the Switch Pro or the Joy-Con though. I'm guessing the Switch Pro.

Yup. This is what I bought initially and they fit great. Just didn't like the feel.

KontrolFreek FPS Freek Battle Royale Nightfall for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller | Performance Thumbsticks | 2 High-Rise Concave | Black https://a.co/aBMdlKU
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 11:18 AM - 06/19/22 »
@mcdonamw
Thanks for the suggestions! I might have to buy some Kontrol freaks and copy the clip design. But so many people have been ordering the others, I wonder how many people are interested in the clip on ones?

Yw! Good point.

Hell I want them for my other xbox/PS  controllers lol.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #124 on: 12:18 AM - 06/20/22 »
Thanks for the help everyone! I'll look into the clip on ones again soon.

Stoked to pull it off as far as I got it! This is not at all the final design, this is just a test template to ensure my measurements were correct. I'm now going to use this CAD file to build off of and make something cool. I might even make a few different designs to choose from.

Offline sergons

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 08:04 AM - 06/20/22 »

free image hosting

can you make something like scuf paddles?

Offline NukeOne

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 09:22 AM - 06/20/22 »
make them like elite paddles way better!

Offline sergons

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 10:45 AM - 06/20/22 »
make them like elite paddles way better!
or both so we can experiment :)

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 04:42 PM - 06/20/22 »
Having super long paddles would be difficult. I would have to use a different material such as aluminum. Also, I don't think the click will feel right. I do plan on making them bigger and easier to reach and press.

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 10:38 PM - 06/20/22 »
I tried it in a similar way. With the Scuf Paddle. You can also buy them individually.
It is exactly as Lithe says. It doesn't feel good. Clicking is somehow not directly. Probably caused by the lever.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 05:54 AM - 06/21/22 »
Exactly ganzneu1975, you need an additional mounting point on the shell.  My idea is to make larger buttons that will have a bevel that will make you pull inward to click, a bit more like squeezing a trigger. I want LP and RP a bit closer to where your fingers naturally rest. Very similar to the location and shape of your paddles if possible. The buttons will have a larger shape that are easier to press and are a little more ergonomic.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 02:40 PM - 06/26/22 »
awesome job LITHE!  Throwing my sugru mod in the ring for consideration of one option.  The sugru isn't sturdy enough for my liking, even though it works great.  A plastic version would be so much better.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 12:23 PM - 07/01/22 »
Got my sticks today ... big thank you LITHE, feels awesome and well worth the expense ... feels great under the thumb, really nice design, it's everything I wanted a thumbstick to feel like and more  :)

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 06:10 PM - 07/03/22 »
Got my sticks today ... big thank you LITHE, feels awesome and well worth the expense ... feels great under the thumb, really nice design, it's everything I wanted a thumbstick to feel like and more  :)

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like them 🙂

awesome job LITHE!  Throwing my sugru mod in the ring for consideration of one option.  The sugru isn't sturdy enough for my liking, even though it works great.  A plastic version would be so much better.

This is extremely similar to what I have in mind. At least for the ones closer to the grip. How does the leverage feel? Does the click feel fine?

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 07:19 PM - 07/03/22 »
Feels great to me. My only complaint with these is they aren't sturdy enough and continue to flex past the point the button clicks. I always feel I'm going to break them.