XIM Community

Sony Nav alternative  (Read 1411 times)

Offline hilander6

• View Profile
Sony Nav alternative
« on: 11:15 PM - 02/16/22 »
Wondering if anyone has another alternative for using a joystick like Sony Nav or Nintendo Joycon. I have tried using a Power A Fusion Pro and Power A Joycon but of course 3rd Party controllers donít work even with controller cross over. I have also tried the PS5 Dual Sense which also works wired but not Bluetooth and I donít like the D-Pad position ..any suggestions?..for XBOX Series X.
« Last Edit: 11:34 PM - 02/16/22 by hilander6 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Sony Nav alternative
« Reply #1 on: 03:36 AM - 02/17/22 »
Azeron have a one-handed device coming out soon.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:05 PM - 02/17/22 »
do you know more about that? Only have the information from the discord. Also play with Azeron.
Imagine how difficult it is to do everything with one hand.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:50 PM - 02/18/22 »
Some people prefer to game wirelessly using a mouse and Nav. Azeron pays attention to the XIM forums - the Compact model was a direct result of XIM community feedback (and by far the best Azeron model).

Thereís a need for a Nav replacement, it hasnít been manufactured in 5+ years. Azeron are going the whole hog on it as it can apparently also emulate a mouse  :o  I doubt thatíll work well, hopefully itís optional. Iíll sit this one out as I canít see them making a more generic device (no customisation) for both lefties and righties.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:01 PM - 02/19/22 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:59 PM - 02/19/22 »
It looks like a mini Azeron. That also looks like a right hand. As a left-handed mouser, I approve.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:30 PM - 02/19/22 »
Its only a Sony Nav alternative if you can utilize it without compromises when not resting it on a desk.
To me it looks like this wont be the case, looks more like an Azeron-Mini≤.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:21 AM - 02/20/22 »
Don't think I could ever learn to move left, and aim and shoot right with the same hand while doing a roll with a finger press lol.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:19 AM - 02/20/22 »
Hoping at the very least that the analog stick is easier to click in on this one, the Azeron stick is ridiculously tough to click in which is off-putting for someone like me that's been clicking L3 to sprint for so many years.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:13 PM - 02/20/22 »
I use ring finger for sprint, middle for crouch / slide, index for jump. Itís very easy to chain complex moves using these bindings.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #10 on: 04:28 PM - 02/21/22 »
Its only a Sony Nav alternative if you can utilize it without compromises when not resting it on a desk.
To me it looks like this wont be the case, looks more like an Azeron-Mini≤.

I'd agree with this. While the second picture does have a strap over the palm rest, I would imagine you'd need to grip the until better to be used other than on a desk.
With regards to the last picture, got me wondering if it might be wireless though...

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:51 AM - 02/24/22 »
You can use an Xbox controller in your left hand, and you can use it wirelessly if you connect a 2nd Xbox wireless controller to your Xbox (separate from your wired XIM Apex setup) and then go into the Accessories app on your Xbox and turn on Co-Pilot for that controller.  I always use a 2nd Co-Pilot controller with my Apex anyway so I can pick it up when I get into a vehicle in games like Halo. I use a regular Series X controller for this because it's lightweight.  I find my Elite Series 2 controller to be too heavy to use one-handed.

I've been learning to use the XIM Nexus but I'm not comfortable with gyro aim yet, so I still switch back to mouse+Nav when I play ranked games. I have my Nexus plugged into my Apex so I can swap between the two, and I inadvertently figured out that the Nexus (held in my left hand) in combination with my mouse is a very comfy setup.  The Nexus is a lightweight controller like the Xbox Series X controller so it's easy to hold one-handed, and Nexus has back buttons so you get plenty of assignable buttons to work with.

I still ultimately prefer using my Sony Nav (with a silicone grip jacket) when I'm playing with a mouse, but Nexus+mouse is definitely a capable and comfortable alternative.

These are the grip jackets I use on my Navs btw.  They make the controllers much more comfortable, especially for long gaming sessions: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSH86S
XIM Apex | XSX | PS5 | G303 Shroud Edition | PS Nav | JDS Atom DAC⇢Subjective3⇢Atom Amp⇢SHP9500

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:04 AM - 02/24/22 »
Azeron have a one-handed device coming out soon.

Oh really?  Excited to see that
PC: R7 5800X / EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix 32Ē Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline hilander6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:08 AM - 02/27/22 »
I have used a new Xbox series X controller for authentication in slot 3 and an older Xbox one controller via Bluetooth as a Nav controller combined with a mouse, works very well !  However I canít use an Xbox series X controller in slot 3 and a series X controller via Bluetooth to use a Nav controller( wonít connect) XIM only recognizes one controller ( the hard wired one in slot 3). Why would it would with the older Xbox one but not the newer ones.. I am running the last Xim Manager and Firmware.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:58 AM - 03/04/22 »