XIM Community

Parachuting in Warzone turn speed  (Read 291 times)

Offline Tehfadez

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swuze
Parachuting in Warzone turn speed
« on: 08:03 PM - 02/15/22 »
We all know when using the xim apex and parachuting in warzone we needed an auxiliary binding with the sensitivity cranked up to combat the slow turn speed, but is there any way to help with that when using the xim nexus? Any help greatly appreciated

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Parachuting in Warzone turn speed
« Reply #1 on: 08:21 PM - 02/15/22 »
Normally what you'd do is create a second Config with the alternate settings you'd like (for this, or vehicles etc.) and put it next to your primary config. You can switch using the Config switch buttons, or, you can rebind another button to do the switch.

Another option is assigning a button with the "Radial Menu" role. It's intended for weapon wheels, but, when held, the thumbstick is passed through to the game without any modification.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #2 on: 07:46 AM - 02/16/22 »
Would switching to classic mode do the trick, and then switching back when you land,. That's what I do with Sparrows in Destiny🤷‍♂️
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:38 AM - 02/16/22 »
Would switching to classic mode do the trick, and then switching back when you land,. That's what I do with Sparrows in Destiny🤷‍♂️

Yes that also works! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 10:01 AM - 02/16/22 »
Yes, that's a good solution. The Classic switch buttons were chosen so you can hop in and out of it quickly.

Offline Tehfadez

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swuze
« Reply #5 on: 08:37 PM - 03/02/22 »

Another option is assigning a button with the "Radial Menu" role. It's intended for weapon wheels, but, when held, the thumbstick is passed through to the game without any modification.

Ok so im experimenting with this and I think ive found a bug. I have set up my back buttons on the controller as the following: Top right - A, bottom right - RS, Top left - X, bottom left: DPAD UP

I have my Top left set as X with radial menu selected. But when im in Warzone and I hold down the top left back button, my thumbstick sensitivity is not changed like how you described it would be, but here is the weird thing; when i hold the top right back button, which is set to A and WITHOUT radial menu selected in the nexus manager, my thumbstick sensitivity IS passed through as it normally would be in game at 20.

Ive tried setting different back buttons to different controller buttons, but when i select the radial menu option, it only seems to pass the thumbstick through on the in game sensitivity when holding down the top right back button.

Hopefully this makes sense

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 10:49 PM - 03/02/22 »
The radial back button issue has been reported already and a fix is on the way :)

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:36 AM - 03/03/22 »
Yes, that's a good solution. The Classic switch buttons were chosen so you can hop in and out of it quickly.

OBS, is it possible to swap the "Classic Switch buttons" with the (Minus)/(Plus)?  The button placement IMO is perfect for swapping right away. Maybe just on a per game basis or global if that's possible?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 11:02 AM - 03/03/22 »
Thanks for the suggestion. You mean an option to switch the function of these "chords"? So a global setting where Prev+Next would enter Manager connect mode and +/- would toggle Classic?

That would be possible, but, the only hesitation is the impact on support. Hmm.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:32 AM - 03/03/22 »
Thanks for the suggestion. You mean an option to switch the function of these "chords"? So a global setting where Prev+Next would enter Manager connect mode and +/- would toggle Classic?

That would be possible, but, the only hesitation is the impact on support. Hmm.

Exactly! I like to think I have average sized hands but activating classic mode definitely introduces extra motion/reduced control on my part (tilting forward). Just tried it again just now and noticed having to stretch thumbs slightly altering grip to reach/activate compared to +/- which just glides over perfectly seamlessly.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 11:45 AM - 03/03/22 »
Ok, I'll get it on the list -- thanks!

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:21 PM - 03/03/22 »
Ok, I'll get it on the list -- thanks!

Much appreciated!

Admin