XIM Community

Selling xim nexus, experience doesn’t translate to apex legends  (Read 786 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
For AL, the other settings will need to be decided for this "Pro" experiment.

These Pros don't use the Advanced Ingame Settings so theres actually no need to decide on additioanl settings. Except for the turnspeed they use 1:1 what the previous ST required you to pick ingame. This is also a reason for why the precious ST is so popular in Apex Legends. It doesnt use the Advanced Ingame Settings.

Sensitivity: 4
Response Curve: Classic
Look Deadzone: Small

For reference, this is what ST 4.2 required you to use ingame:

PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Settings are always decided based on what gives XIM the "most" to work in (velocity and micro response). But with NEXUS and Native stick there is reason now to choose additional in game. And we need to make sure there isn't too many combinations we need to support.

Just need to chose what is the best combinations!
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog

Switching to 250, and putting the rest in the ALC has been working amazing for me. It makes it so only thumbstick can be swung with accuracy.

Would it be helpful to train another translator with alternative settings that match what is in the spreadsheet you sent? If so, can you give us guidance?

Offline WKirk1

• View Profile
For AL, the other settings will need to be decided for this "Pro" experiment.

These Pros don't use the Advanced Ingame Settings so theres actually no need to decide on additioanl settings. Except for the turnspeed they use 1:1 what the previous ST required you to pick ingame. This is also a reason for why the precious ST is so popular in Apex Legends. It doesnt use the Advanced Ingame Settings.

Sensitivity: 4
Response Curve: Classic
Look Deadzone: Small

For reference, this is what ST 4.2 required you to use ingame:

I think you read it wrong the pro’s are at the bottom and are mostly using linear tbh

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
WKirk1, which platform are you playing on?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
1. Does using this controller add input delay since it has to bounce between a regular controller?

2. Is there a way to use a USB directly to reduce wireless delay?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
1) No, XIM NEXUS is the controller that is providing input, so, there is no additional communication with the console controller for that purpose.

2) You can, if you want, connect a hub to your XIM NEXUS Adapter and plug the console controller and XIM NEXUS Controller into that. But, that'll only save you average 2.5ms of latency. If you plan on doing this, let us know since I'd like to confirm that is still working in latest builds.

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
The ST currently for the Nexus Apex legends is kind of horrible. The high deadzone and response curves are so much slower than what’s usable on controller. You’ll lose nearly every AD/AD fight after platinum.

You can lower the deadzone in Global settings>calibrate. My deadzone is super small and responsive, if fact I have a tiny bit of even drift in all directions. Try setting noise to 0 on the right stick as well, I find that my aim is slightly smoother. If you have the controller set up correctly I can't possibly see why you feel a stock controller is better. The same responsive curves can be replicated with the custom curves editor.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks LITHE, it would be great to hear back to see where WKirk1 landed on settings.

Also, is Apex Legends one of the games where AA is disabled at highest in-game sensitivity?

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
Thanks LITHE, it would be great to hear back to see where WKirk1 landed on settings.

Also, is Apex Legends one of the games where AA is disabled at highest in-game sensitivity?
Correct on the highest sensitivity disabling AA. I think it’s purposely for Xim users.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, I think we looked at this before and reducing the in-game sensitivity by 1 will keep the same aim mechanic but enables AA. Have you experienced this? If so, we can update the settings notes -- or even retrain the translator at the slightly lower speed.

Offline eSPAR

• View Profile
Ok, I think we looked at this before and reducing the in-game sensitivity by 1 will keep the same aim mechanic but enables AA. Have you experienced this? If so, we can update the settings notes -- or even retrain the translator at the slightly lower speed.
I read that at max sensitivity it turns AA off, 1 lower gives semi AA, and another 1 lower gives full AA. Might need some testing because I can’t 100% guarantee because I’ve never gone lower than max.

Offline Giantman12345

• View Profile

There is already a p4.2 Apex st or X1.1 that was trained on 7-7 Low deadzone, could you release this is some way so I can't test it out. I really don't enjoy the ALC settings for Apex legends, the deadzone or something makes recoil feel so off compared to playing with out the alc settings and alc set up together

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I don't recall us training on a lower sensitivity like that. Let me talk to mist4fun about it.

Offline Giantman12345

• View Profile
I don't recall us training on a lower sensitivity like that. Let me talk to mist4fun about it.

The picture is above showing what sensitivity the old st was trained on from the xim website. 7-7 is the highest on classic settings you can get with aim assist since 8-8 doesn't have aim assist and it was trained on low deadzone. I have the file containing the old p4.2 st which was trained on that to if you need it just let me know.

Admin