XIM Community

Selling xim nexus, experience doesnít translate to apex legends  (Read 825 times)

Offline WKirk1

• View Profile
3x masters on controller 4x masters on xim

Selling a xim nexus, Iím in either the discord as WKirk or in the Facebook group same last name.

The ST currently for the Nexus Apex legends is kind of horrible. The high deadzone and response curves are so much slower than whatís usable on controller. Youíll lose nearly every AD/AD fight after platinum.

Itís impossible to accurately aim close range with it, and long range micro adjustments are gyro only.

Controllers are meant for a linear experience, of all the apex proís only 4 or 5 are using a response curve this high.

Iím asking $145, shipping included US only.

Pictures will be supplied to personal individuals with name, time stamp.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Sorry to hear this. The translator used for XIM NEXUS is the same as XIM APEX (they aren't different). Can you help us by providing specific feedback on what needs to improve?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Also, XIM is always a community driven project. We update translators all the time based on feedback since things are constantly changing in the gaming world. It would be really great if you could give us a chance to fix things with your feedback so we can make the experience better for everyone.

Offline WKirk1

• View Profile
Itís almost impossible to compete with 10 & 10 respectfully.

No one in competitive is really even close to it.

The average is a little below 4 on both. You canít track a Ras strafe, bubble fight or anything with the combination of both. It makes the analog feel icky.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_HJPcKgM5vBFCloTl7ykN12gzHYdNC9-iqjV4E5Apfs/htmlview

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, so it sounds like the required in-game settings of 10 & 10 and then reducing with XIM NEXUS stick %'s makes it feel off.

We've been looking into supporting lower in-game sensitivities and checking to make sure these games scale their aiming system linearly as you drop it down. If you drop to 4, how does it feel to you?

We really want XIM NEXUS to work well for people playing at your level too.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
By the way, if reducing the current in-game to 4 doesn't feel right with XIM NEXUS and the current translator, we can also build a "pro" version of AL translator at 4. That would be pretty easy to do. The only negative is if motion will be fast enough for you. It may, but, we'd like to know if you can help us get this right before you stop using it.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
By the way, if reducing the current in-game to 4 doesn't feel right with XIM NEXUS and the current translator, we can also build a "pro" version of AL translator at 4. That would be pretty easy to do. The only negative is if motion will be fast enough for you. It may, but, we'd like to know if you can help us get this right before you stop using it.

On the topic of translators, I wonder how it would feel to have a Halo Infinite one that uses 5 horizontal and 10 vertical sensitivity. There's a post on reddit that explains that doubling the vertical sensitivity makes the aiming more "squared":

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/qvn3vr/the_ultimate_guide_to_halo_infinite_controller/

Do you think this would make the aiming feel more 1:1?  Before you mentioned that my gyro sens is so high that a 90-deg horizontal turn is 243-deg in-game, and in my own testing with the same sens a 90-deg vertical tilt is around 90-deg in game.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Right now we build translators with settings that are chosen to give us maximum "velocity space" and best micromovement.

But we are also able to build translators based on other criteria as well (like I hope to hear back on from WKirk1). I can see us do some "pro" versions of translators for AAA competitive games, but we don't want to start building based on many combinations of in-game settings since that would explode the number of translators.

Perhaps there is a close common set of settings most pro players use per game that we can focus on. It would be a great experiment to try.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
That makes sense. I wonder how a "pro" ST for Infinite would feel. There's a chart somewhere that has 30+ pros, and their average sens is 5 vertical, 5 horizontal, 4 acceleration.

Would it be possible to have separate X and Y sensitivities in a future experimental build? Tbh I think I've gotten used to the slower vertical vs horizontal motion, but it still throws me off sometimes.

(also, apologies for hijacking this thread)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Do you mean for motion? Y-Scale is used to adjust Y independently.

Yes it would be great to see that chart you are taking about.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Right now we build translators with settings that are chosen to give us maximum "velocity space" and best micromovement.

But we are also able to build translators based on other criteria as well (like I hope to hear back on from WKirk1). I can see us do some "pro" versions of translators for AAA competitive games, but we don't want to start building based on many combinations of in-game settings since that would explode the number of translators.

Perhaps there is a close common set of settings most pro players use per game that we can focus on. It would be a great experiment to try.

Apex Legends would be a good test for this. The sheet posted above shows that most Pro players use 4/4, so i more community feedback is not needed on what sensitivity to build such a test ST on.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
Do you mean for motion? Y-Scale is used to adjust Y independently.

Yes it would be great to see that chart you are taking about.

Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHalo/comments/s81jim/list_of_36_proam_halo_infinite_settings_updated/

D'oh, I wonder how I missed the Y Scale. I'll try messing with it!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
For AL, the other settings will need to be decided for this "Pro" experiment. Also, some feedback on whether these low in game sensitivities will be enough for motion speed.

Thanka for the Halo link!

Offline WKirk1

• View Profile

Switching to 250, and putting the rest in the ALC has been working amazing for me. It makes it so only thumbstick can be swung with accuracy.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
Did some quick testing, and increasing the Y Scale in Halo Infinite makes the motion aiming feel clunkier. I think might be because it's very easy to hit the vertical turnspeed cap in Infinite, so it's throwing it off (unless you move the controller slowly, then it moves fine).

Admin