XIM Community

Amazing controller! What is polling rate?  (Read 534 times)

Offline SiliconCPU

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SiliconCPU
Amazing controller! What is polling rate?
« on: 09:17 AM - 02/13/22 »
I haven't used a controller since mid-90's using Nintendo 64 and playing GoldenEye 007.  I can't believe how much the gyro + smart translator has simplified my transition back to controller.  I've been a XIM supporter since XIM2 and can't believe how awesome this controller is!  Thanks OBsIV and team for another excellent product!

Out of curiosity what is the polling rate / latency when using the Nexus adapter + wired connection today? I saw there is a future enhancement for 1000Hz wired mode.  Just curious where it's at today because it feels really good.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Amazing controller! What is polling rate?
« Reply #1 on: 11:25 AM - 02/13/22 »
Thanks for your feedback and being with us for so long. :-)

XIM NEXUS talks to your console at the same rate as wired Xbox and PS controllers do: 8ms
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline SiliconCPU

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:52 PM - 02/13/22 »
Thanks for your feedback and being with us for so long. :-)

XIM NEXUS talks to your console at the same rate as wired Xbox and PS controllers do: 8ms
What about connecting to PC? Adapter vs hard wired? It seems pretty darn responsive regardless. I've used a ps5 controller on PC at 1ms and this seems just as good on my 390Hz monitor.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:55 PM - 02/13/22 »
It's unclear if overclocking controllers like DS5's actually result in faster rates than what they are designed for (which is 8ms).

Offline SiliconCPU

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:15 PM - 02/13/22 »
It's unclear if overclocking controllers like DS5's actually result in faster rates than what they are designed for (which is 8ms).

Ahh ok. Keep up the great work! I'm very impressed with the ease of use, quality of product and learning curve. You've significantly reduced the headache of using a controller in games like Call of Duty where aim assist is dominating the show.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 02:20 PM - 02/13/22 »
Thanks for the feedback!

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:10 AM - 02/14/22 »

That is incorrect. The default and maximum USB polling rate supported by the PS5 is 250Hz (4ms) and 1000Hz (1ms) and for the DualSense it's 4ms over USB wired and 1.25ms over Bluetooth (which is the default way people play on consoles these days and the way it was actually designed for). This information can be found on J2Kbr's website (https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:usage_guides:systems:playstation5).

The Xbox Series controller over USB wired is the one that has a 8ms polling interval (https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:usage_guides:systems:xboxseries). The Xbox Series consoles is only "next-gen" console the XIM products support so perhaps that's where your assumption came from?

@SiliconCPU, I agree, the Nexus is a pretty awesome controller!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 09:14 AM - 02/14/22 »
That's correct, DS4 is 4ms over USB, but it "NAKS" every other request (which makes it effectively 8ms).

Admin