XIM Community

EXPERIMENTAL BUILD: Stick Throttled Motion (20220212)  (Read 1780 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: EXPERIMENTAL BUILD: Stick Throttled Motion (20220212)
« Reply #15 on: 09:06 AM - 02/14/22 »
I would go for 10 if Nexus could always disregard gyro if it was at a negative value while stick was at a positive value or vice versa.   

Sure, that's something I think we can try out -- will involve some vector math but I thinking doable. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline juroz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:50 PM - 02/14/22 »
I like 20 to. It really improves my aiming and i get less unwanted movements

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05:02 PM - 02/14/22 »
I would go for 10 if Nexus could always disregard gyro if it was at a negative value while stick was at a positive value or vice versa.   

Sure, that's something I think we can try out -- will involve some vector math but I thinking doable. :)

Would be interesting to see what people who like 10 think. I'm starting to see the value of 10 so this solution would be a perfect combination of 10 and 20.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:36 PM - 02/14/22 »
10 is working great but only issue that I have is the stick drift I get when using custom stick aim, when using native then the drift is gone.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 06:39 PM - 02/14/22 »
10 is working great but only issue that I have is the stick drift I get when using custom stick aim, when using native then the drift is gone.

Please check the deadzone you used in Calibration for that stick. The inner deadzone applies when you are using Custom stick. Is it at default (5750)?

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07:10 PM - 02/14/22 »

Please check the deadzone you used in Calibration for that stick. The inner deadzone applies when you are using Custom stick. Is it at default (5750)?
Thank you, that fixed it.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #21 on: 01:56 AM - 02/15/22 »
Not seeing a lot of love for the og method here, I'm just testing out of pure curiosity, but I assume that most of the people that are trying the experimental build are the same players that didn't like the og feel from the off. Method 0 for the win you weird people.... :)
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline CodeFuzion

• Gaming is life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CodeFuzion
  • PSN ID: CodeFuzion
« Reply #22 on: 07:58 AM - 02/15/22 »
I havent tried this Firmware yet - but honestly - I like having Motion control override my stick movement - especially when things are hectic and Motion Aim gets more reactionary - that way I can correct knee jerk stick movements with motion.
I reject your reality and substitute in my own - PolymorphicViewpoint

Senior Solution Architect / Cloud Architect / Director of Cybersecurity

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 09:34 AM - 02/15/22 »
I'm definitely willing to try out other stick and motion aim combination methods for you all to try. So far another suggestion was to disallow motion in the opposite direction of stick.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #24 on: 10:51 AM - 02/15/22 »
So far we've had accumulative and various levels of stick overriding the gyro so so how about, gyro motion is dominant, and the faster it moves the lower the sticks sensitivity becomes.
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 10:58 AM - 02/15/22 »
So far we've had accumulative and various levels of stick overriding the gyro so so how about, gyro motion is dominant, and the faster it moves the lower the sticks sensitivity becomes.

It can be done, but, it may not be as expected. I'll look into it.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:09 PM - 02/15/22 »
I'm definitely willing to try out other stick and motion aim combination methods for you all to try. So far another suggestion was to disallow motion in the opposite direction of stick.

I've been using Gradual Stick Override and my initial impressions were that I liked it, though something felt off to me and I couldn't quite figure it out.

I never realized this before playing with the setting but the more I used it, the more I learned that with my playstyle I like to do diagonal turns by turning left/right on the thumbstick while at the same time tilting my controller up/down. Would it be possible to have a version that does the override but only for the same direction?

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #27 on: 02:44 AM - 02/18/22 »
Not sure about this one, I might stick with standard. Not noticing a huge loss or gain in any task on aimlab using 10, for a new feature that actually means theres promise since I don't have muscle memory built up. 20 is unusable for me.

I got 2 ideas to built off this feature:

1) Higher motion influence over higher stick velocity. I brought this up before release when I was testing the motion acceleration curves.

2) The reverse scenario, Motion Throttled Stick. Stick velocity slows depending on strength of motion velocity. This may do screwy things with the sticks velocity if the stick was 90 degrees from what the motions deflection is, but I think its worth a shot! ...There is a more complex solution to this though. If that becomes an issue perhaps motion only overrides the sticks aim if they share the same plane of travel. For example if both the stick and motion are traveling on +X and/or -X motion will override the stick depending on its velocity. However if the sticks are traveling on +/-X and motion is traveling on +/-Y, there will be no override. This would blend dynamically.

Motion is the more responsive, and both of these ideas can help with "man handling" movement mistakes such as over aiming on the sticks. It takes twice as much effort to correct a mistake made on the stick than motion.
« Last Edit: 03:03 AM - 02/18/22 by LITHE »

Offline Nferguzl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ferdster911
« Reply #28 on: 09:19 AM - 02/19/22 »
I like 0 the best. In aimlabs I get the highest scores with only gyro motion in spider shot and grid shot, but for something like sphere track I had to dial a custom dynamic curve for the right stick and 0 setting gave me the best tracking.

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04:20 AM - 02/23/22 »
I have been changing between the options.
0 - is my preferred the gyro and stick enhance each other
10 - feels like it is conflicting no enhancement it basically forces the use of one or the other.
20 - just no.

0 will be most benefit from those who are mouse background and want to use gyro for aim over stick.
10 will probably work for those who are controller background.
20 will probably work for those who are controller background but I feel like 10 will do a better job for them.

More detail.
Setting 0:
Scenario1: enemy running across the screen.
I mostly aim with gyro so adding a bit of stick increases the speed a little for acquiring a target that I can't catch up by gyro alone.
Scenario2:
Controller recoil, when gyro isn't quite enough, add a bit of stick.
This I see as the two systems helping each other.
Results in small gyro movement and very small stick movement great control

Setting 10:
This creates a conflict,
Scenario1: enemy running across the screen.
I mostly aim with gyro so adding a bit of stick cancels the gyro out by the same amount, still can't catch the enemy unless I add a lot of stick then I have no gyro fine control.
Scenario2:
Controller recoil, when gyro isn't quite enough, add a bit of stick cancels the gyro out by the same amount, I adding more stick then I have no gyro fine control.
This I see as the two systems fighting against each other resulting in over compensation and potato aim.

Setting 20:
Just NO, It leads to inconsistent aim and has no natural feel.
It feels like you have two mice and someone else is controlling the second one.

Admin