XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Nexus / manager disconnects  (Read 257 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Nexus / manager disconnects
« on: 07:19 AM - 02/12/22 »
As I get used to the Nexus I'm using manager a lot but I'm getting a lot of disconnects and having to press "-/+" to get back to using manager ... takes me back to the main ST page and I have to press edit to get back to where I was in the settings.

I'm using android 8.1.0 on a Samsung Galaxy tab a6 ... no problems apart from disconnects.
This was happening from 1st setup using Nexus launch firmware ... I installed the controller firmware 20220210 yesterday but the same problem persists.

Also there is no pattern of time between disconnects, it's random and can be just 2 minutes, but usually about 5 minutes or more.
« Last Edit: 10:25 AM - 02/14/22 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Nexus / manager disconnects
« Reply #1 on: 10:10 AM - 02/12/22 »
Thanks for trying the Beta. Either people can run it indefinitely without issue or it's like your experience. We are still trying to track this one down. While it is connected, is the controller visualization choppy at all?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:39 AM - 02/12/22 »
Hit a new problem playing today ... started xbox up / Nexus controller connected and I played my game for a bit. Then I went to open manager to make some changes but the manager would not connect at all. Tried restarting my tablet and trying again but it just would not connect when I pressed "-/+".

The only way that I was able to eventually open manager was by shutting down Xbox and then connecting manager when only the Nexus controller was switched on, then I switched xbox on and returned to gaming ... manager still disconnecting as before though.

Don't quite know what you mean by choppy controller visualization ... in game is ok, do you mean the picture of the controller animation in manager?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:42 AM - 02/12/22 »
Yes the picture of the controller moving in Manager at the bottom. Is the animation smooth and fluid when it's running?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:59 PM - 02/12/22 »
Yes the picture of the controller moving in Manager at the bottom. Is the animation smooth and fluid when it's running?

Yes the animation graphic of the controller is smooth when I look at it while holding the controller. Shows button presses etc and tilts etc when I move it.
No red light on grips when using motion as seen in tutorial video ... also the controller still shows tilting animation if I toggle motion off, should it do that?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 04:25 PM - 02/12/22 »
Ok so it's fluid and it will just disconnect randomly? I didn't expect that the beta wouldn't fix the issue in your case then.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:23 AM - 02/13/22 »
Any idea as to why the Nexus manager keeps disconnecting and asking to reconnect by pressing "-/+" when I have absolutely no issues at all when using the same android tablet with the Apex manager ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11:22 AM - 02/13/22 »
XIM NEXUS Manager communicates much more than XIM APEX Manager does (because all the visualizations). What is surprising me is that the Beta didn't fix it for you since I would expect your controller visualization to be laggy all the time otherwise.

We have some more ideas to try so we will get a fix out that will hopefully help. In fact I may send you a private APK to see if the fix we have in mind will work for you.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:23 PM - 02/13/22 »
Ok thanks for the reply ... it's only because I'm using manager so much and experimenting with a new  way of playing that makes it a bit frustrating, normally I'd have things set up the way I want and not be using manager so much.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 12:24 PM - 02/13/22 »
Well, Manager should be running without issue for literally days -- that's what's happening on all our devices. I'm putting together a quick test to send you. I'll PM it to you within the next hour.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 01:35 PM - 02/13/22 »
Build is ready for you to try. PM sent.

Offline Alvaro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alvarouu
« Reply #11 on: 08:54 PM - 02/13/22 »
I'm having the exact same issue.
For first time configuration it worked fine, but now that I want to tweak with settings the Manager app keeps disconnecting.

I'm using a Oneplus 8, Android 11.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 08:58 PM - 02/13/22 »
You running the Beta?

Offline Alvaro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alvarouu
« Reply #13 on: 10:26 PM - 02/13/22 »
You running the Beta?

I don't think so, I downloaded the Xim Nexus Manager app by Xim Techniologies, Inc from Google Play Store.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 10:39 PM - 02/13/22 »
Can you head over to http://xim.tech/beta and install the latest Beta firmware and let us know if it helps with the disconnects for you?