XIM Community

Speed of X and Y analog movement even in deadzone  (Read 605 times)

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
What i dont understand is why xim developers dont consider that game mechanics take into consideration the speed and movement speed within a deadzone. Games have an acceleration mechanic of take off speed, even in a deadzone. destiny 2 for example does that. I notice using different configs that move inside the games deadzones actually means deadzones aren't nullified. A deadzone can have aim acceleration inside it, its just the movement of the analog doesn't cause screen movement.

Xim developers need to expirment with Input Translators, what a deadzone that slowly sunk back into 0 X Y position, rather than just fall flat into it, i mean a smoothing feature that has a deadzone slowly fall to 0 rather than instantly go there.

Aim acceleration is a constant in some video games, even when you are inside the so called (nullified dead zone)

XBOX has a Dynamic library inout DHI that predicts movement, i dont know.if this affects that. I think Input Translaters should do some work even if they arent getting mouse movement, i think the de-acceleration is an issue, where things just never feel right and your aim feels floaty or the opposite, jittertly which could suggest jumping in and out of the dead zone.

Offline Giantman12345

• View Profile
Re: Speed of X and Y analog movement even in deadzone
« Reply #1 on: 01:34 PM - 02/11/22 »
What i dont understand is why xim developers dont consider that game mechanics take into consideration the speed and movement speed within a deadzone. Games have an acceleration mechanic of take off speed, even in a deadzone. destiny 2 for example does that. I notice using different configs that move inside the games deadzones actually means deadzones aren't nullified. A deadzone can have aim acceleration inside it, its just the movement of the analog doesn't cause screen movement.

Xim developers need to expirment with Input Translators, what a deadzone that slowly sunk back into 0 X Y position, rather than just fall flat into it, i mean a smoothing feature that has a deadzone slowly fall to 0 rather than instantly go there.

Aim acceleration is a constant in some video games, even when you are inside the so called (nullified dead zone)

XBOX has a Dynamic library inout DHI that predicts movement, i dont know.if this affects that. I think Input Translaters should do some work even if they arent getting mouse movement, i think the de-acceleration is an issue, where things just never feel right and your aim feels floaty or the opposite, jittertly which could suggest jumping in and out of the dead zone.

Instead of saying you don't understand why they haven't considered x,y maybe they have, you aren't to know. Secondly this is in the wrong place, people come here looking for configs or to share configs.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 03:58 PM - 02/11/22 »
Use an exponential curve to add acceleration. I found this to vastly improve my HIP Motion Aim in Destiny 2.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline r0ger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:00 PM - 02/11/22 »
Well, take off speed starts in the deadzone, thats before you even see on-screen movement. There is special software that was starts in the opposite direction in the deadzone, "lets say you move the cursor left" the software starts to the furthest right and moves to the left, passing the deadzone completely or circling around it at a vast pace. But this is all at 1000mhz using hidusbf app, Xim could simulate that natively and circumvent any take off speed any game has. This requires Xim Link. Anyone who uses mouse ballistic curve apps. Exponential, or a mouse speed CAP that some competive gamers use so they don't do a 360 when they move.

My question is why Xim Devices can't start at 2.00 on a ballistic curve and all you to dip into the deadzone so you can maybe even lessen the jitter and aim acceleration issues that seem to come up with micro-movements, it just doesnt feel right, i would like a little deadzone movement since i use a giant mousepad and  very high DPI.

One thing to know is that deadzone is easy to with at very high mouse DPI.

I will try exponential and see if it changes anything.

Offline doshu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:28 PM - 04/16/22 »
Can anyone post a link or a code for a good exponential curve?