XIM Community

Had to revert back to the Xim Apex for The Division  (Read 770 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Had to revert back to the Xim Apex for The Division
« Reply #15 on: 07:44 PM - 02/09/22 »
I find recoil much easier to control on NEXUS and Division's a great game to test that out. I hadn't considered reversing the vertical axis in ADS, how does that work?  :o  You've got me wanting to install Division 2 now just to figure out what you've done  ;D

As I stated, I only have the  reveres vertical stick for ADS, it works for me really well.

I started doing it as I predominately use motion for vertical movement and only use the right stick for horizontal aim in both hip and ads, it does need a little vertical for re-centring otherwise I would have it at Zero, with this setup I spent a lot of time on Battlefield V, and found the motion often wasn't enough for a full mag burst. This made me need to use the stick for vertical movement (YUK!!!) .

So I am tilting the controller away from me and needed to pull the right stick down, the opposite way of the rest of the motion, so unnatural. So, I decided to reverse the right stick vertical for ADS and it felt very natural.
There are some brain dead moments when the giant drone things need shooting down and I am looking up in ADS and accidently pull down on the stick to lower the crosshair, to find it is going the wrong way, but they are few and far between.

For me personally, the 3rd person shooters, or slow turn shooters are the place where the Nexus gives equal or better performance than the Apex.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #16 on: 07:43 AM - 02/10/22 »
I have Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War on PS4. Tried both with Apex and keyboard and mouse but found both movement and aiming to be a real struggle, so put both games back on the shelf.
This thread gives me confidence.
Gonna brush the dust off them this weekend and try them again, but this time with my new Nexus.  8)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline benda666

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:59 AM - 02/22/22 »
The Division has one of the worst look mechanics I've ever encountered in a console shooter.  Bullet sponges & chicken running aside, it's a great game and something I've been meaning to go back to for awhile.

The biggest problem for me in The Division is the heavy, ramping recoil. Forthcoming changes to Y Ratio means we can set the Y-axis higher than X-axis, so the controller won't need to be tilted as much to control recoil. Currently it only reduces Y Ratio, which is the opposite of what we need for recoil.

I can also see how an AUX config would help with sniping. A rear button should take care of that as a trigger to load the sniping AUX settings, or remap LB/L1 to something else and use that button.

Looking forward to seeing if & how AUX sub-configs pan out on NEXUS. It's great to see some use cases emerging that could benefit from an AUX page :)

Not sure how different the division and the division2 are , I have never played The Division, but The Division 2 works fine with Nexus and better than it does on The Xim Apex.

I have not had a problem in Division 2 on Nexus, in fact I consider 3rd person games the niche for where the nexus is at its absolute strongest.

With regards to recoil control, I find it easy enough to push forward a little to counter most weapons ( I use 100 or so on motion sense with 60% vertical ). That is prety mush my go to default starting point for every game I have tried.
I have been running separate hip and ads settings ( not shared )  which enables me to reverse the stick vertical axis IN ADS ONLY , I then set the vertical sense on ADS to be something like 30% or often lower.

For recoil control, if you need more than the motion gives with a small tilt, push up on the stick a little, which is way more natural than pulling down if already tilting, as the vertical sense is very low it will not move much but it will give easy control.
That method works in every game I have tried.

I don't feel the need for increasing the X axis, but if the option is added, then it's something else to use in order to get those settings tailored to each persons taste.

I asked a good while ago about an aux for use in things like Battlefield where there are varying control requirements for various vehicles and infantry. It would be good to have the option if it is possible. BUt I kind of talked myself out of it as the options I wanted are actually in the game. I knew on release there would be many other people who requested the option of an extra AUX page.

Hi, can I share your settings?

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:22 AM - 02/24/22 »
I am currently working on perfecting the setup with Xbox 1X  , I normally use XB SX but recently tried on the 1X and it is very different.

when I get to where I am comfortable with it on the XB1X I will share the settings, just be forewarned, I am very much gyro biased and set up accordingly,   my right stick does very little vertical.

Offline benda666

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:42 PM - 02/24/22 »
Thanks. We waiting your update 👍

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:56 AM - 03/03/22 »
Thanks. We waiting your update 👍

Here is my Nexus setup for Division 2 XboxOne,    Specifically the XB1X

So first:
I am heavily gyro biassed, so sticks don't do much in vertical movement in Hip, Right stick is reversed for ADS only and the stick is more to complement the gyro instead of the gyro complimenting the stick.

The reason for having the stick reversed in ADS only is because it is easier to push the stick forward than it is to pull the stick back while leaning the controller forward to counter recoil.

I am using the Experimental build controller firmware.

Anyway Enjoy.. Or not.
If you like it let me know, if you don't, then it was worth a try.
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM NEXUS [Division 2 XB1] START COPY >>>
XFC: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:XFC
<<< XIM NEXUS END COPY <<<

Admin