XIM Community

NEXUS and APEX in series?  (Read 540 times)

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
NEXUS and APEX in series?
« on: 01:45 PM - 02/07/22 »
Don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to run the NEXUS and APEX in series so that they're both active and I could choose either M and K or NEXUS without unplugging things?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: NEXUS and APEX in series?
« Reply #1 on: 07:15 PM - 02/07/22 »
They don't work in series as each requires an authentication controller. However you could use a USB switch to swap between APEX and NEXUS.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline link575

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:03 PM - 02/07/22 »
Yea I was thinking that but wondered if the adapter connected to the controller would suffice as it's able to trick the Xbox itself into thinking a legit controller is plugged in, why not the other adapter. Thanks

Offline Jeff87356

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jeff87356
« Reply #3 on: 10:48 PM - 02/07/22 »
I just tried it with the Nexus adapter as the controller for the Apex and it actually works. Iím not sure if thereís any performance difference but I was able to use both and switch between the two.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 11:25 PM - 02/07/22 »
 :o

Offline link575

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:07 AM - 02/08/22 »
I just tried it with the Nexus adapter as the controller for the Apex and it actually works. Iím not sure if thereís any performance difference but I was able to use both and switch between the two.

Very cool, would be interesting if there's a way to see if there's any downgrade in performance. Maybe Obsiv has some insight on this.

Offline link575

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:46 PM - 02/09/22 »
Bump for Obsiv or mists input

Offline SE4N

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:28 PM - 02/09/22 »
Could always use pilot controls for the same effect on Xbox. Just need 2 controllers for verification.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:29 PM - 02/09/22 »

Also tried it, but to specify and hopefully not confuse anyone it was with PC.

Xim Apex -> Hub ->(Mouse, Nav, Nexus).  I'm able to use Nav/Mouse and Nexus =P

Offline Bretchin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
« Reply #9 on: 04:53 PM - 02/09/22 »

Are u on console or PC? Do you have a controller plugged into the Nexus adapter like normal as well? I thought the nexus had to have the controller plugged into the adapter for it to work properly...

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 04:54 PM - 02/09/22 »
I tried the NEXUS adapter with a bunch of controllers. It'll identify itself as a DualShock 4, DualSense, Xbox One or Xbox Series X controller, depending on which one is connected to the adapter. That should pass through to the APEX USB hub, based on this thread.

On PC, the NEXUS adapter had problems working with an Xbox Elite (series 1) controller, so use another controller.

Also on PC, if no controller is connected to NEXUS's adapter, it'll identify as an Xbox 360 controller. I'm not sure how that works if connected to XIM APEX.

Offline Jeff87356

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jeff87356
« Reply #11 on: 06:18 PM - 02/09/22 »

Are u on console or PC? Do you have a controller plugged into the Nexus adapter like normal as well? I thought the nexus had to have the controller plugged into the adapter for it to work properly...

Iím on PS4 and had the hub hooked up to the Apex with the mouse, keyboard, and Nexus with a ds4 controller connected to the Nexus.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 06:57 PM - 02/09/22 »
Not sure why, even with a ds4 connected to mine it recognizes on PC as xbox360
I loaded up reWASD, then ran Device Detection on the NEXUS adapter with a DS4 attached. Pressing buttons, moving sticks etc revealed the controller to be "XIM DS4", rather than a "DualShock 4". That was interesting, but it behaved and was detected as a DualShock 4 controller both in reWASD and in-game.

If I just use the Controller settings in Windows, it always shows as either an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller. That's possibly because it uses the XInput protocol rather than DirectInput, which Sony controllers use.

In any case, whether using reWASD or not, PC games should detect NEXUS as the controller connected to it, e.g Destiny 2 will show PS buttons for PS4 or PS5 controllers, and Xbox buttons for Xbox 360, One or Series X controllers.

Offline Biggs88

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Biggs88
« Reply #13 on: 08:41 PM - 02/09/22 »

I just tried this on PS5 and it is working so far. Both the nexus and apex are running simultaneously. Nexus manager is plugged into usb3 on the apex hub. I have run the controller wirelessly and wired with no issues so far. WOW

Offline link575

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:47 PM - 02/09/22 »
Hooray for experimentations.