XIM Community

Thoughts on Nexus and Trigger mapping issue  (Read 355 times)

Offline DrR

• View Profile
Thoughts on Nexus and Trigger mapping issue
« on: 10:11 PM - 02/06/22 »
Gyro sensitivity:
Love the Nexus. I perhaps use gyro differently than most here. My goal with gyro is to never use the right stick, only for corrections(analogues to picking mouse off the pad and repositioning). The other filters on Nexus make super high HIP sensitivity possible without tons of jitters that would normally accompany super high sens.  You can turn and flick effortlessly and lock into ADS when near a target.     My HIP sensitivity is near 300 so takes on nearly all of my "looking" around functions in Warzone.  ADS sensitivity is more reasonable(~100) but with a a lot of Y sensitivity to control recoil.

Trigger mapping:
I am trying to map left trigger(ADS) to activate  right trigger at about 70% but the right trigger (firing) always activates immediately, same time as ADS or even before.  Something about the r trigger is messing things up.  If i want to crouch at 70% (B button) after ADS it works just fine.  Also Quick pull is not active and GUI shows the right trigger becoming active when it should (at 70%)  but in game (vanguard and warzone ) it fires immediately. Could this be an in game problem?
Thanks so much

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Thoughts on Nexus and Trigger mapping issue
« Reply #1 on: 11:24 PM - 02/06/22 »
It's great to hear how you are using NEXUS and very interesting to see what combinations of inputs people gravitate to -- I hope to see some of your gameplay in the future!

And congratulations on being the first person on the forum to get to this level of customization of the triggers to be hitting the issue you describe. :)

Below is a page out of the User Guide and is a good visual for what needs to be done in your scenario. Remember that you are mapping a NEXUS Trigger to the Console Trigger. The bindings you place specify points along the press to match up. So, as you are pulling to 70%, the Console Trigger is going from 0 to 100% (where it hits 100% when NEXUS Trigger hits 70%). What you want to do a specify the 0% Console Trigger position at say, 65% of the NEXUS Trigger. Then your Console Trigger (called "Game Trigger" in the picture) goes from 0 to 100% when your NEXUS Trigger goes from 65% to 70%.

You'll also want to be sure to tell XIM NEXUS that you are firing using the left trigger by specifying the "Fire" role when the binding that causes firing happens.

Please let me know if you need any other clarification.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:48 AM - 02/07/22 »
Yes you must specify a reset point though the button bindings as Obsiv wrote above.
This is also why Quick Pull doesnt work for you, it wants to reset your fire action but it sounds like you have a second action bound to the same trigger which as a result gets reset too (motion or crouch you said).
Just specify in more detail where one action on the trigger should start and end, then Quick Pull has no issue anymore.
Say Fire from 0% to 70%, then crouch from 71% to 100%. That way Quick Pull will work as intended.

I already recorded voiceovers on a video tutorial that covers this, it should be out soon! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline BA3YDADDY

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BA3YDADDY
  • PSN ID: BA3YDADDY
« Reply #3 on: 08:21 AM - 02/07/22 »
Yes you must specify a reset point though the button bindings as Obsiv wrote above.
This is also why Quick Pull doesnt work for you, it wants to reset your fire action but it sounds like you have a second action bound to the same trigger which as a result gets reset too (motion or crouch you said).
Just specify in more detail where one action on the trigger should start and end, then Quick Pull has no issue anymore.
Say Fire from 0% to 70%, then crouch from 71% to 100%. That way Quick Pull will work as intended.

I already recorded voiceovers on a video tutorial that covers this, it should be out soon! :)

I canít wait for you to put out guides on this controller please go full in debt with everything and every little detail:D

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:50 AM - 02/07/22 »
I'm a basic individual but trying to figure out how to have "L3/Run" button as 1% took me a little bit to figure out lol. The guides will be wonderful indeed Od1n ;)

That being said, this is going to save the thumbstick click functions immensely!

But yes, moving forward is to have Left Trigger function as below:
1% Run
50% ADS
80% ADS/Hold Breath
100% ADS/Shoot/Hold Breath

This should free up RT for extra fun? lol

« Last Edit: 12:59 PM - 02/07/22 by ZioComposite »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:47 PM - 02/07/22 »
I'm a basic individual but trying to figure out how to have "L3/Run" button as 1% took me a little bit to figure out lol. The guides will be wonderful indeed Od1n ;)

That being said, this is going to save the thumbstick click functions immensely!

But yes, moving forward is to have Left Trigger function as below:
1% Run
50% ADS
80% ADS/Shoot
100% ADS/Shoot/Hold Breath

This should free up RT for extra fun? lol

Yes that should work, you can then finally bind RT to the share button! ;)
On a more serious note this would require quite some time to get used to though, you will need to build up muscle memory on how deep you have to press the controller haha.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline DrR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:56 PM - 02/07/22 »
Thanks so much,
I am still having trouble understanding what the emergence of the 2nd % sliding bar corresponds to  when you select a trigger to put in any zone?  The first sliding % bar is your physical controllers trigger travel zones, is the 2nd slider  an emulated trigger ?  I play on PC BTW
thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:28 PM - 02/07/22 »
Hey,

the top one is the trigger press percentage, the amount you physically press the trigger into the controller .
The bottom one, aka the slider you can move on an RT or LT bind is the virtual precentage that is then sent to the console.

Say the top value is 1% and the slider at 100%. This equals a hair trigger, you just minimally press the trigger and the controller will directly send a 100% trigger press to the console.

Admin