XIM Community

shift overlays or as xim call them auxiliary on the apex  (Read 314 times)

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
When will we see shift overlay lays added to the nexus  as in the apex manager and in steam and reWASD on pc  ?
« Last Edit: 12:05 AM - 02/06/22 by Grampsoap »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: shift overlays or as xim call them auxiliary on the apex
« Reply #1 on: 01:03 AM - 02/06/22 »
Thanks for the suggestion. What button would you want to generally do the shift and what sort of remapping would you want to do?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:17 AM - 02/06/22 »
 One of the big things in fast pace shooters is don't stand still or your dead  :)  its a little tricky pressing the left D-Pad and moving at the same time .

On pc in reWASD i create a shift overlay i move the square/ X button to the right bumper button then use that as a shift overlay and move all my  D-Pad buttons to the rigth buttons
That way all i do is HOLD has to be Hold  the right  bumper  to use the D-Pad and I'm still on the move no interruptions in my movement flow as my left thumb is still on the sticks at all time and you can also use the controller back buttons if there bound to the right side buttons so you don't even take your right thumb off the stick also

You may ask where do my original bumper button go once ive remapped it to square on pc in reWASD we have option about how a button activates so you can assign 2 actions to one controller button 
« Last Edit: 01:22 AM - 02/06/22 by Grampsoap »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:03 AM - 02/06/22 »
So RB would be tap = default action, hold = activate aux?

Easily done on a Titan Two with a NEXUS. Itíll be interesting to see if this works natively on NEXUS. Multiple actions can already be applied to triggers, but not swapping an entire layout with a button hold.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:10 AM - 02/06/22 »
The shift overlay button which is a right bumper has to be on hold because you don't want it on toggle

basically you hold it down the overlay works you take your finger off the overlay stops
« Last Edit: 08:46 AM - 02/06/22 by Grampsoap »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:46 PM - 02/06/22 »
It sounds very similar to an AUX config on XIM m/kb adapters.

This was discussed during alpha, but the way bindings currently work and the limited buttons we have at our disposal on a controller meant that it would be better to wait post-launch until revisiting it again.

I can see tap vs hold to trigger an AUX working and there will be demand from the community for the functionality. Let's see what OBsIV comes up with as a solution, assuming it's possible.

Your's is an excellent use case to prevent moving the left thumb off the stick to access the d-pad, so hopefully it'll happen :)

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline DrR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:16 PM - 02/06/22 »
Yes! this would be fantastic.  It looks like you have a mapping command to "load next profile".  If that could activate another profile which would return to current profile  when you release button, that could work too. 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:40 AM - 02/07/22 »
I would love to have AUX configs back, either in the same way as with XIM Apex or a different one! ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:34 PM - 02/07/22 »
I could use an auxiliary when firing.  I play with a lower gyro sensitivity now.  I played PUBG and I cannot manage the recoil when firing with close range targets with a long spray.    If I had an auxiliary, I would create one while firing and increase gyro sensitivity.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:38 PM - 02/07/22 »
I could use an auxiliary when firing.  I play with a lower gyro sensitivity now.  I played PUBG and I cannot manage the recoil when firing with close range targets with a long spray.    If I had an auxiliary, I would create one while firing and increase gyro sensitivity.

i do exactly that with my reWASD  config on pc when i play PUBG  with a gyro controller .

the issue with reWASD is a shift overlay will not override another shift overlay at the moment i spoke with the developers and in the next  release it will. 

At this  time in PUBG i have a shift overlay set in PUBG to active on fire which as you say ups the vertical gryo sensitivity so i can better combat recoil but i can't have a shift overlay on ADS because reWASD can't transition from one overlay to the next shift overlay it has to return to 0 before it can use the next overlay

Not sure if its possible with the nexus using only nexus manager on console .

On my pc with reWASD  my PUBG config does this when i ADS at up to 90% left trigger pull my in game character does a normal stance but on over 90% he goes in to crouch  which reduces recoil a lot and a harder target to hit and it also puts lean on the left  thumbstick  for both left and right . So in one smooth move i can ADS crouch and lean left or right  just by pulling my left trigger .

I have another shift overlay ( reWASD has 5 overlays ) when i open the inventory which in game is set to toggle by defalt i changed the button behaviour to hold and changed the gyro sensitivity .

so inventory is set on my left bumper  once held in it activates inventory i use gyro to navigate like a mouse and I've changed right trigger to pick up and move items around and that way my fingers are never off my triggers and thumbsticks   

Can Nexus controller manager change button behaviour  Toggle, Hold second action, Double press, Press release ?
« Last Edit: 11:15 PM - 02/07/22 by Grampsoap »

Offline DrR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:34 PM - 02/07/22 »
I have been using reWASD for some time and you can do some amazing things with it.  I have noticed though that running the Nexus through reWASD degrades the quality of movement and visuals slightly (not a ton but def noticeable).  For example, gyro active  physically moves the right stick in reWASD GUI so you are passing all of your gyro settings through reWASD's "filter" even if right stick is set to default.  Hopefully XIM can add shift layers so we don't need reWASD. 

Have you guys noticed slight motion and "feel" disturbances when running Nexus through reWASD?

Thanks

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:12 AM - 02/08/22 »
I have been using reWASD for some time and you can do some amazing things with it.  I have noticed though that running the Nexus through reWASD degrades the quality of movement and visuals slightly (not a ton but def noticeable).  For example, gyro active  physically moves the right stick in reWASD GUI so you are passing all of your gyro settings through reWASD's "filter" even if right stick is set to default.  Hopefully XIM can add shift layers so we don't need reWASD. 

Have you guys noticed slight motion and "feel" disturbances when running Nexus through reWASD?

Thanks

I haven't got round to using the nexus in detail with reWASD the above post is with using a ps5 controller/gyro 

There's talk of making a dedicated app for nexus on pc if there's enough interest .

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:08 AM - 02/08/22 »
The discussions during beta were more along the lines of adding extra complexity along the lines of Steam overlay / REWASD configuration, which is overwhelming to most, or versatile and user friendly such as Xim Apex.

Easy to use and capable makes it more acceptable than very complex enough to scare people away.

Offline dreaded

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:46 AM - 02/08/22 »
I would love aux profiles. At the moment I have to create two configs for certain games which is a pain.

The apex system would work fine for me where I can toggle or hold mappable buttons.
Hopefully you can implement this.

Offline Grampsoap

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:40 AM - 02/08/22 »
I would love aux profiles. At the moment I have to create two configs for certain games which is a pain.

The apex system would work fine for me where I can toggle or hold mappable buttons.
Hopefully you can implement this.

yes would be great to have the same system how apex works with using overlays  :)