XIM Community

PS5 to XBOX X  (Read 464 times)

Offline jaxstraww

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: jaxstraww
PS5 to XBOX X
« on: 07:41 PM - 01/19/22 »
I'm an older gamer. I mean older. While I don't need to put out ranked gameplay the Xim4 and Apex has kept me competitive. The changes with the PS5 and specifically losing the ability to play Save the World and COD was a decent gut shot.

So with the news of Activision and a fix for PS5 not looking likely I don't think it's worth waiting until next Xmas to buy the Xbox X and I ordered one today.

What should I expect with changing over. I assume I need to remap for the Xbox on the Xim software but can I expect the Apex to just work with the Xbox? I'm concerned about linking the Nav controller again. Hoping to just plug in the Xbox and everything works. Will it be that easy?

Not thrilled about needing to buy Vanguard again.
« Last Edit: 07:50 PM - 01/19/22 by jaxstraww »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: PS5 to XBOX X
« Reply #1 on: 12:39 AM - 01/20/22 »
Yes, it would be that easy as you described. However, people are using Remote Play solutions with PS5 with a lot of success if you'd like to get that a shot.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #2 on: 02:07 AM - 01/20/22 »
I'm an older gamer. I mean older. While I don't need to put out ranked gameplay the Xim4 and Apex has kept me competitive. The changes with the PS5 and specifically losing the ability to play Save the World and COD was a decent gut shot.

So with the news of Activision and a fix for PS5 not looking likely I don't think it's worth waiting until next Xmas to buy the Xbox X and I ordered one today.

What should I expect with changing over. I assume I need to remap for the Xbox on the Xim software but can I expect the Apex to just work with the Xbox? I'm concerned about linking the Nav controller again. Hoping to just plug in the Xbox and everything works. Will it be that easy?

Not thrilled about needing to buy Vanguard again.

If ypur main  reason switching is not as much the actibision thing trust me either from ypur pc or with beloader u cAn play with your xim

Offline jaxstraww

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:21 AM - 01/20/22 »
Not entirely done on the Activision deal. I've always had a multi console household for my son but with the PS5 headache and the controller I didn't drop $500 for my PS5 to play PS4 versions. He doesn't care of course because he grew up on the controller. I used an Atari stick at his age. He is a bit sour because he has his own PS5 and Xbox One and I will now have a PS5 and an Xbox X. Why does dad get the new Xbox :)

I see the other options and I simply have no desire to try them. I like what I have and gaming the system is a drag and I rather (and did) just drop another $500 on the Xbox. I play mostly Save the World, Fallout and COD Zombies. Xbox unfortunately seems the way to go. If the Apex gets me through using that system before the next console refresh I'll be ok. Another kick to the gut is rebuying Cold War, Vanguard and FO76. Not going to wait until this deal finalizes and hope for game pass.

Thanks for the feedback.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:53 PM - 01/20/22 »
Keep in mind that Fallout 76 and CoD are Microsoft IPs.

Cold War and Vanguard may show up on Game Pass once the Activision deal is finalised.
FO76 is on Game Pass for free (if you're a subscriber) and can be purchased at a huge discount if you prefer to own it.

Game Pass is a stellar deal, includes EA Play, and there are so many games to play - https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-game-pass/games#

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline jaxstraww

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:17 PM - 01/26/22 »
I'm all set up. I bought CW and Vanguard on sale from the MS store. Everything migrated over regarding skins so all set.

Had an issue with my new Vizio tv. Got a green screen on the PS5. The two 120hz HDMI ports seemed to be freaking out with both consoles connected. Moved the PS5 to one of the other HDMI ports and seems to be error free now.

One thing though, the G502 mouse seemed to disconnect from the hub. Never an issue with the PS5. I have to unplug the Apex to get it to find itself again. The software shows the mouse connected but pushing buttons nothing would register until I unplugged it. I was on an earlier BETA version of the firmware so just updated that so I'm hoping that was the issue.

Question on manager. I wanted to update manager to the newest but when I download on Android, I just get the option to open. Do I need to delete manager from my phone to get the new version to recognize? I really don't want to set up all my configs again.
« Last Edit: 12:30 PM - 01/26/22 by jaxstraww »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #6 on: 02:53 PM - 01/26/22 »
I used an Atari stick at his age.

Man, flashbacks of Berzerk, Joust, Space Invaders, and Centipede.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 06:39 PM - 01/26/22 »
Question on manager. I wanted to update manager to the newest but when I download on Android, I just get the option to open. Do I need to delete manager from my phone to get the new version to recognize? I really don't want to set up all my configs again.
Either backup your configs on PC using the latest XIM APEX firmware tool, or backup individual codes within each game config. Edit a game config on Android and on the first page there will be a "Copy" option. Use that and copy all of your config codes into a text file on your Android device to back them up and they can be "Pasted" back in later.

That said, updating XIM APEX Manager on Android won't delete the game configs stored on your XIM APEX device. I'd do it anyway so you have restore plan in case anything goes wrong in the future. Just be sure to reenable "Expert configuration mode" in XIM APEX Manager > Global Options after upgrading the app.

Man, flashbacks of Berzerk, Joust, Space Invaders, and Centipede.
Ditto. My dad also fixed coin-ops at the local bowling alley in the late 70s and early 80s. We had a garage full of arcade games in various states of repair and unlimited access to Pacman, Defender, Galaxian, Centipede, Space Invaders etc...

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline jaxstraww

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:44 PM - 01/26/22 »
I think the reason devices like Xim are so important are for us older gamers. At some point do I at 50 still play zombies at 60? No idea but if I do it won't be with a controller. In the next decade going to be allot of GenX putting down the joysticks. I can't imagine this not hitting the gaming market in some capacity from hours played and the microtransactions. Sony/MS not really interested in keeping the upcoming AARP crowd engaged will cost them some cash at some point.

Admin