XIM Community

Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard  (Read 562 times)

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xim 1000hz | Viper V2 Pro 1000hz | 1800 DPI

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard
« Reply #1 on: 11:21 AM - 01/18/22 »
OW2 better wont be exclusive to Xbox/PC or ill get really mad haha. All other Activision games i really dont care for, but OW2 must stay multiplatform! ;)

Either way the Microsoft games lineup is insane now. And Gamepass will only become better and better. Now they only need to get a hold of the Activision management and all the bad press they caused lately.

« Last Edit: 05:25 PM - 01/18/22 by Od1n »
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:00 PM - 01/18/22 »
I don't think you have to worry that OW2 will be exclusive to Xbox and PC.😉
and that activision might soon have to fill a few new jobs was also slowly becoming necessary.
Xim 1000hz | Viper V2 Pro 1000hz | 1800 DPI

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:02 PM - 01/18/22 »
That was definitely a surprise to see. I agree with you Od1n, Game Pass has become this incredible deal. I saw a comment about predicting PS will still outsell Xbox after this. I don't think that's a real metric or comparison anymore. Microsoft declared they were moving beyond the traditional single generational gaming console model and moving to "gaming everywhere" and this will be more of that. Xbox to them is just another "endpoint". Now, PS will be another endpoint for them. Just like PC and Cloud too. I'm sure we will see xCloud show up in smart TVs at some point. From a business perspective I think Microsoft just really gave Sony something to really worry about.

I don't think OW or CoD will be made exclusive on Xbox. If I were to guess, I think those game will be made to be "less appealing" on PlayStation. Maybe in terms of in-game content or features. Or even just time delays for them to show up on PS. I assume they will likely find ways reduce the experience just enough to compel people to choose Xbox in the future.

Really smart move by Microsoft on all of this. I think all the negative Activision harassment press will go away with this too. Microsoft is pretty public about themselves being against that type of culture and has been for awhile.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:42 PM - 01/18/22 »
The only thing that binds me to PSN are my friends, outside of that i know very well that the Xbox is the better place to play this generation.

If Microsoft implements their Activision lineup into the Gamepass too then they will surely reach parity in console sales with Sony quite soon. I also regard Microsoft as more than capable to restructure the management of Activision to avoid any upcoming PR disasters again.

By the way the new Xbox is Microsofts fastest selling console ever despite the semi-conductor/silicon shortages!
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 01:58 PM - 01/18/22 »
Another power move from Microsoft. They at least have the option to exclude future CoD, Overwatch, Diablo, Warcraft, StarCraft, Guitar Hero, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders and Tony Hawk games from PlayStation consoles. That’s a fairly significant chunk of AAA franchises to go with the recent Bethesda purchase  :o

Even if this was just for CoD exclusivity, it’s a massive move from MS. The countermove from Sony would be to buy EA, but I don’t see that happening. MS has an eye on the long game for Xbox. Sony is lagging well behind for future-proofing the PlayStation brand.

That said, I agree with OBsIV about this acquisition being an endpoint for MS rather than for platform exclusivity. They know 100 million people will buy a PS5, so why not tap into the software market on a competitor’s hardware via the world’s most popular annual shooter franchise? Sony has made similar moves by releasing PS exclusives on Microsoft Windows over the last couple of years, but they’re all one-off releases.

The console we buy comes down to whose controller you like best (Xbox will move to counter the DualSense), where most of your friends are and which one offers the most “free” stuff with their subscription service. Sony has a lot of work to do to make PS+ competitive with XBL and this seriously raises the value of Game Pass for MS. It’s a win for Xbox for both software and hardware sales.
« Last Edit: 05:04 PM - 01/18/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:49 PM - 01/18/22 »
Why’d Google and Amazon even enter the race if they weren’t going to acquire anyone?

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:49 PM - 01/18/22 »
Lol if some game finally kills CoD

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:50 PM - 01/18/22 »
Got Xbox Series X as a gift... this is getting better and better.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:01 PM - 01/18/22 »
Really do hope Microsoft cleans up the mess with COD/Activision in general. We as a gamers benefit in the long run. With MP mostly being multi-platform now, the only incentive I see are likely time released exclusives.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:09 PM - 01/18/22 »
Really do hope Microsoft cleans up the mess with COD/Activision in general. We as a gamers benefit in the long run. With MP mostly being multi-platform now, the only incentive I see are likely time released exclusives.
Totally, OW is such a great IP, hope the won't let it die.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #11 on: 07:40 PM - 01/18/22 »
Not sure how i feel about this.

I didn't think they would make Elder Scrolls exclusive to tap into those Sony sales but they went and did it.  Wonder if they will do the same with CoD

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:25 PM - 01/18/22 »
EA and Vince Zampella should be going for the jugular here. CoD isn’t going to be on PS anymore. This is a perfect time to reboot Medal of Honor and kill CoD.

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:17 AM - 01/19/22 »
Hope Sony just die, disgusting company. 

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #14 on: 07:56 AM - 01/19/22 »
This is a perfect time to reboot Medal of Honor and kill CoD.

Not so sure about that. There are people out there that get CoD no matter what and simply use their console as a CoD machine.