XIM Community

(PS3) Resistance: Fall of Man and Killzone 1 support?  (Read 87 times)

Offline scorpgul

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: scorpgul
  • PSN ID: niemtoor
Hel;o guys,

I just bought a XIM Apex and I instantly fell in love with it as playing FPS games on consoles using a controller is so gimped compared to mouse and keyboard. Resistance trilogy are some of my favorite FPS games ever and I am sad that there doesn't seem to be a profile for Resistance: Fall of Man, the first game (In my opinion the best) game in the series but there are profiles for Resistance 2 and 3 which funtion properly. Is there a reason for this? Could someone help me create a profile for Resistance: Fall of Man? I tried messing around with the generic epsilon, gamma, beta profiles etc but they do not allow me to move the mouse to look around.

I would also like to know if the same would be possible for Killzone 1.

Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: (PS3) Resistance: Fall of Man and Killzone 1 support?
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 AM - 01/13/22 »
It's been a long time since working on PS3 games but I think the reason was the look mechanics don't translate well to using a mouse. The further you go back in gaming the more primitive look mechanics become.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline scorpgul

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: scorpgul
  • PSN ID: niemtoor
Re: (PS3) Resistance: Fall of Man and Killzone 1 support?
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 PM - 01/13/22 »
Hmm so it is impossible to make a decent profile for Resistance:Fall of Man? That would be such a shame if I am forced to replay it using the controller again as I bought the Xim Apex mainly to replay a lot of my old singleplayer games this time with mouse and keyboard.

I tried using Resistance 2 and Resistance 3 profiles and while I can tell straightaway they definitely were not created for Resistance 1, I swear with adjustments and tweaks it could work. It would be amazing if this could be looked into by some pros here when time allows.

Admin