XIM Community

Does anyone use a APEX xim with Gtuner for CV recoil control?  (Read 691 times)

Offline Texasmacks

• View Profile
Does anyone use a APEX xim with Gtuner for CV recoil control? im trying to figure out if CV (recoil control) messes with the xim settings

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I tried it and its terrible. Until Titan figures out a way to not have your mouse movements reduced to Titan level standards when the CV mouse modification kicks in its just not a good experience. As an explanation, the chain you use is XIM -> Titan -> Console which means you get reduced to Titan standards. Whereas a chain like Titan -> XIM -> Console would be far superior. There are some scripts that allow you to do that and they use RAW mouse movement as an output, but none of those are in any way advanced.
So while these provide perfect mouse movements they usually are on a complexity level where its not worth it to deal with them.

Another huge issue is how most of Titans anti recoil algorithms affect mouse movements in the common XIM -> Titan -> Console chain. Either your downwards movements are accelerated, you have to fight the recoil reduction when doing upwards movements, or the recoil algorithm deactivates if it detects mouse movements. There are also algorithms in-between these 3 but none of them are truly good.
As a result not only do your mouse movements get reduced to Titan standards, but you also have to deal with the recoil algorithm itself affecting your aim.

If you value mouse movement quality then you are better off to not use anti recoil. Imo its a waste of time.
The Titan shines in other areas, anti recoil isnt its strength.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Boris228

• View Profile
Does anyone use a APEX xim with Gtuner for CV recoil control? im trying to figure out if CV (recoil control) messes with the xim settings
I used it for the sake of experiment.  everything is pretty good. but not perfect!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I tried it and its terrible. Until Titan figures out a way to not have your mouse movements reduced to Titan level standards when the CV mouse modification kicks in its just not a good experience. As an explanation, the chain you use is XIM -> Titan -> Console which means you get reduced to Titan standards. Whereas a chain like Titan -> XIM -> Console would be far superior. There are some scripts that allow you to do that and they use RAW mouse movement as an output, but none of those are in any way advanced.
So while these provide perfect mouse movements they usually are on a complexity level where its not worth it to deal with them.

Another huge issue is how most of Titans anti recoil algorithms affect mouse movements in the common XIM -> Titan -> Console chain. Either your downwards movements are accelerated, you have to fight the recoil reduction when doing upwards movements, or the recoil algorithm deactivates if it detects mouse movements. There are also algorithms in-between these 3 but none of them are truly good.
As a result not only do your mouse movements get reduced to Titan standards, but you also have to deal with the recoil algorithm itself affecting your aim.

If you value mouse movement quality then you are better off to not use anti recoil. Imo its a waste of time.
That's nothing to do with Titan specifically though, it's just how antirecoil mods work.

All they do is move the right stick on an angular velocity equal to the opposing recoil force. To prevent stacking of intentional downwards &/or left/right movement, the antirecoil mod needs to disengage once a threshold is exceeded.

That's as advanced as a recoil mod can get for console gaming and Titan Two offers the best arsenal of tools to do it, such as chaining Titan Two > XIM APEX > console for raw mouse input.

Nothing can completely remove recoil while allowing free reticle movement at all times, which diminishes the value of antirecoil mods. We're far better off using low-recoil or easy to control weapons than using a mod.

Titan Two is a 16-bit device that uses the values provided by XIM APEX. It doesn't reduce anything. Recoil mods add to the values provided by XIM, but the raw values are passed through as received.
« Last Edit: 05:32 PM - 01/20/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile

That's nothing to do with Titan specifically though, it's just how antirecoil mods work.

All they do is move the right stick on an angular velocity equal to the opposing recoil force. To prevent stacking of intentional downwards &/or left/right movement, the antirecoil mod needs to disengage once a threshold is exceeded.

That's as advanced as a recoil mod can get for console gaming and Titan Two offers the best arsenal of tools to do it, such as chaining Titan Two > XIM APEX > console for raw mouse input.

Nothing can completely remove recoil while allowing free reticle movement at all times, which diminishes the value of antirecoil mods. We're far better off using low-recoil or easy to control weapons than using a mod.

Titan Two is a 16-bit device that uses the values provided by XIM APEX. It doesn't reduce anything. Recoil mods add to the values provided by XIM, but the raw values are passed through as received.

Please explain the raw input combo.  I plug mnk into XIM and then I plug my XIM into my T2 and then I plug my T2 into my console (or beloader). Thatís not the same as you just described.  Could I be missing out on potentially better mouse micro aim by switching the chain of devices? Sorry for the noob question but I just plugged and played.  Thanks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Titan Two > XIM APEX using Multi Interface HID passthrough allows for antirecoil to be applied to the raw input from the mouse to Titan Two.

It's much more complex to setup - the mouse & keyboard are connected to Titan Two and a GPC script &/or Input Translator is required for m/kb passthrough to APEX. The benefits of this setup are negligible (unless you want to create complex kb layouts or macros, like one-tap loadout swaps), so it's generally not worth the effort.

Applying a moderate amount of recoil control is IMHO better than attempting to create pixel-perfect antirecoil. Recoil varies based on distance to target, stance, weapon, attachments, cover, flinch etc and reducing antirecoil strength allows for greater flexibility and responsiveness.

Antirecoil can be applied using just a XIM APEX, but it always stacks with downwards reticle movement, whereas Titan Two scripts at least allow us to break out of it.

Antirecoil works well enough, but PC-based antirecoil is beastly by comparison as it can be applied direct to input received from a game on a per-bullet basis. We don't have that level of access on console.
« Last Edit: 08:10 PM - 01/25/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile
I understand.  Thank you.

Admin