XIM Community

Xbox Series S Controller Not Connecting on PC  (Read 152 times)

Offline Graybush

• View Profile
Xbox Series S Controller Not Connecting on PC
« on: 03:52 PM - 01/07/22 »
Manger Version:  4.00.20211207
Firmware Version:  4.00.20211020

I am using my Xim4 on my PC to play Warzone.  My Xim4 manager recognizes my mouse, keyboard, and Xbox Series S controller (even though the controller will not connect).  My problems are, my Series S controller will not connect to the PC, the Guide Button just keeps flashing, and even though the XIM4 says my mouse and keyboard are connected, it does not detect key presses from any of the devices when pressed.

Additional information. 

I thought it might be the USB-C cable.  I plugged the USB-C cable directly into my PC with the Series S controller plugged in and my PC recognizes it.  When I unplugged it and plugged the controller back into the XIM4, my controller will not connect.  Hope this extra information helps to resolve my problem.
« Last Edit: 04:04 PM - 01/07/22 by Graybush »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox Series S Controller Not Connecting on PC
« Reply #1 on: 05:55 PM - 01/07/22 »
PC is not a supported platform but does work in most cases. Some people have had problems using a the new Series controller with XIM and PC. Assuming the Series controller works with your XIM4 using a supported Xbox platform then using an X1 controller with your XIM4 may be needed to use it with PC.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #2 on: 07:35 PM - 01/08/22 »
Xim 4 does not work with the Xbox series controllers, you have to use an Xbox one controller or get a xim apex.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:26 AM - 01/10/22 »
XIM4 didn't support Series controllers for a long time but support was added in the past few months. Series controllers should work with Xbox One and Xbox Series platforms but some people have had problems using these controllers with XIM devices on PC.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin