XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM is glitching  (Read 590 times)

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: W2D6
[ACTIVE] XIM is glitching
« on: 05:59 AM - 01/07/22 »
In Rainbow 6 Siege i have been having problems with my XIM. For example i would be reinforcing a wall and then halve way through the reinforcement it would reset and this happens a numerous amount of times. This also happens when i tilt my gun to the left and right, occasionally it would reset where I'm aiming which often gets me killed.

« Last Edit: 10:03 AM - 01/07/22 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: XIM is glitching
« Reply #1 on: 06:05 AM - 01/07/22 »
Welcome to the community. That sounds like a problem with one your mouse buttons rather than the XIM. The switches in mice can go faulty over time. If you have another mouse, it's worth testing the left & right buttons.

If it was the XIM, your mouse, keyboard and controller would all become unresponsive. The most likely explanation for that happening is either a faulty USB cable from the controller to XIM APEX, or excess power draw.

Sometimes my mouse will become unresponsive for a second or two, but it's due to wireless interference and resolves quickly. I moved a Bluetooth adapter that was between my XIM and mouse and it seems to have helped.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:21 AM - 01/07/22 »
Welcome to the community. That sounds like a problem with one your mouse buttons rather than the XIM. The switches in mice can go faulty over time. If you have another mouse, it's worth testing the left & right buttons.

If it was the XIM, your mouse, keyboard and controller would all become unresponsive. The most likely explanation for that happening is either a faulty USB cable from the controller to XIM APEX, or excess power draw.

Sometimes my mouse will become unresponsive for a second or two, but it's due to wireless interference and resolves quickly. I moved a Bluetooth adapter that was between my XIM and mouse and it seems to have helped.

The thing is, is that its both my mouse and keyboard that become unresponsive so do you think its something to do with the XIM hub?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:03 AM - 01/07/22 »
There are many causes for stability problems like this, most common are cables and power. Testing other data cables with the controller and charging the controller directly with the console while XIM and hub are disconnected is a good place to start.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

console:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:33 PM - 01/07/22 »
There are many causes for stability problems like this, most common are cables and power. Testing other data cables with the controller and charging the controller directly with the console while XIM and hub are disconnected is a good place to start.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

console:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

Xbox: 1S
Mouse: Logitech G305
Keyboard: Some old mac keyboard
extras: xim hub

Should i send pictures?

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:40 AM - 01/08/22 »

The problem is getting worse now. My XIM is glitching more often. Also my screen just started looking up without me controlling it.

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:48 AM - 01/08/22 »

I have tried a new cable from my controller to the xim apex hub and it hasnt worked. Ive also tried a new keyboard and that hasnt worked, ive also tried a new cable from my xim hub to the keyboard and that hasnt worked. I went on the xim app and it said something about updating your mouse config so is that the problem?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM is glitching
« Reply #7 on: 10:07 AM - 01/10/22 »
Leaning not registering or resetting is a normal quirk of the game but actions bound to left/right mouse buttons not completing when held is not. Recent logitech mice are known to have button switch issues that could cause this problem. Try assigning Fire and ADS to keyboard keys, if you're able to complete those actions without resetting when they are assigned to keyboard keys then it's related to the mouse. Blowing air under the buttons or testing another mouse would be the next step.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 02:37 PM - 01/10/22 »
The problem is getting worse now. My XIM is glitching more often. Also my screen just started looking up without me controlling it.
Looking up or down, circling or getting stuck in a strafe is typical of either a faulty controller USB cable, or your setup wants more power than the console can supply. Thatís pretty common for keyboards with RGB lighting, particularly for Razer and Corsair brands.

Check your USB cables, disable kb lighting, make sure the controller is fully charged before connecting to XIM APEX and consider adding a power adapter to the XIM APEX USB hub.

This sounds like a separate issue to your original post, so check your mouse too.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:36 PM - 01/10/22 »
Leaning not registering or resetting is a normal quirk of the game but actions bound to left/right mouse buttons not completing when held is not. Recent logitech mice are known to have button switch issues that could cause this problem. Try assigning Fire and ADS to keyboard keys, if you're able to complete those actions without resetting when they are assigned to keyboard keys then it's related to the mouse. Blowing air under the buttons or testing another mouse would be the next step.

Its both my keyboard and mouse buttons that are not working so im really confused what the issue might be.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:04 AM - 01/11/22 »
Issues with the lean action assigned to keyboard or mouse is a common report in Siege. Is there something else not working with your keyboard?

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:00 PM - 01/12/22 »
Every now in R6 i would try to do a reinforcement using my keyboard and it would cut out multiple times. The same issue apply's for my mouse so when iIm aiming in with my gun tilted left or right after 2 seconds it would reset where i'm aiming in so i would literally unscope from my gun. So if i'm having the issue with both my mouse and keyboard, surly it has something to do with my xim or xim hub? Does this mean i have to order a new XIM despite the fact i've had it for less than a year? I've tried using a different keyboard and the same issue is happening. My other thoughts are my XIM cant handle the power, is there anything i can do to higher the power of my USB hub?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 02:22 PM - 01/12/22 »
If itís only happening while leaning, thatís a game mechanic issue. Youíll need to figure out the correct method of leaning while ADS.

Offline W2D6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:36 PM - 01/12/22 »
If itís only happening while leaning, thatís a game mechanic issue. Youíll need to figure out the correct method of leaning while ADS.

Its not because ive been using the same keybinds for a year and its just suddenly happened

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:46 PM - 01/12/22 »
If you would like I can look over a tracelog from your APEX. The log will point out any device or timing related errors that may cause instability.

The link below contains instructions on how to capture the log. Be sure to have the log window open while gaming. After the issue occurs please share the last 20-30 lines of the log in your message here. Note the instructions are the same for both XIM4 and XIM Apex.

http://cloud.xim.tech/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf