XIM Community

RML WHERE ARE YOU  (Read 2106 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: RML WHERE ARE YOU
« Reply #15 on: 03:12 PM - 01/11/22 »
Not directly possible on console, correct. I have seen teleporters in D2 on Series X lately, which could be from cross-platform lobbies and a lag-switch. But it could also just be a really bad ISP connection. Itís only been 3 instances in hundreds of games, so I suspect the latter.

Most online games have a handle on cheating these days, but I imagine PC cheaters could potentially affect console lobbies in cross play. Thatís definitely the case for hacked 360 lobbies on Xbox One in BC games where itís not possible to hack the lobby direct on Xbox One.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #16 on: 04:30 PM - 01/11/22 »
I'm using your vanilla set up.

Conclusion: anth > rml

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:32 PM - 01/13/22 »
I'm using your vanilla set up.

Conclusion: anth > rml

I haven't played Destiny in over a year, so I'd totally agree.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04:56 PM - 01/15/22 »
I changed my mind. Rml curve plus anth settings is working great (as in 11 in game and 0.8 ads)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: 05:46 PM - 01/15/22 »
Which curve are you using frash?

I havenít used one of APEX in years, mostly because I havenít played games that obviously benefit from them, like CoD and Fallout 76. Thatís not to say theyíre not useful, I just prefer not to deviate from the STís look mechanics.

I forgot to mention, try adding SAB if you use a keyboard. My Destiny config got much simpler after swapping to Azeron for analog movement. SAB of around 50 is good for HIP (so it doesnít break Sprint), but ADS can be ramped all the way up to 200Öjust go by feel.
« Last Edit: 07:30 PM - 01/15/22 by antithesis »

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:49 PM - 01/16/22 »
I'm using Rmls curve

>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAACWASwBwgJYAu4DhAQaBLAFRgXcBnIHCAeeCDQIyilgCWMJZgloyWvJbslxyXSJd4l6iX2JgEmDSYZJiUmMCY8JkgmVCZgJmsmdyaDJo8mmiamJrImvibJJtUm4SbtJvgnBCcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Then I change my in game to 11 and 0.8 as you suggested and same fov as you.

Will try sab as you described.

Bygones still slaps with kill clip.

You grown the balls to try nexus in pvp destiny yet?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #21 on: 05:18 PM - 01/16/22 »
Ta, I'll see how that curve performs.

Haven't used NEXUS in a few weeks, there was a bug that needed to be fixed and I've been camping at the beach. Getting back into it today. I'll try Crucible on my son's account ;)

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:35 PM - 01/16/22 »
Ta, I'll see how that curve performs.

Haven't used NEXUS in a few weeks, there was a bug that needed to be fixed and I've been camping at the beach. Getting back into it today. I'll try Crucible on my son's account ;)

Here goes antithesis again pretending heís a human and not actually an escaped experimental military AI
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:26 PM - 01/17/22 »
Anth, you using 1000hz xim, 500hz mouse?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #24 on: 07:07 PM - 01/17/22 »
Anth, you using 1000hz xim, 500hz mouse?
1000Hz mouse, 250Hz XIM.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:11 PM - 01/18/22 »
Why 250hz anth?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #26 on: 02:37 PM - 01/18/22 »
I donít feel a great deal of benefit by using 500 or 1000Hz on consoles designed for 125Hz input (the rate at which both MS and Sony controllers respond to console USB input requests).

IMHO, there is a big difference between 125 and 250Hz (the rate at which the console USB ports poll, but controllers only respond to every second request) in responsive mouse input from XIM APEX compared to XIM 4, but diminished returns above that. Iíve felt this way since the alpha of XIM APEX.

Weíre playing console shooters on a XIM and all but two (Siege & PUBG) feature aim assist. Lower XIM Response Rates work better with AA by more closely aligning XIM. output with expected game input. Thatís also why Sync exists.

There are some outliers like CoD that arguably work better by reducing AA to allow faster entry into the hitbox, but it requires a lot of XIM game config tweaking that Iím not prepared to invest time into these days.

RML is the king of curves, but theyíre mostly to counter the negative effects on aim assist of using higher polling rates in console games that donít expect it. Iím more of a ďkeep it simple stupidĒ kinda guy and much prefer to simply bang Sync on Default (aligning XIM closely with expected 125Hz console input), or swap to 250Hz on Sync Off, slightly tweak Smoothing or Steady Aim for AA and call it a day.

Destiny is my jam rather than CoD, BF, Siege etc and its obscene level of AA and bullet magnetism benefits from making XIM output as close to controller output as possible. Hence tweaking in-game sensitivity and FOV to find the right balance between turn speed and AA rather than following the advice of maxing out sens for XIM mouse input.

Also, I seem to avoid all of the issues like mouse jitter, audio garbling, skipped frames, USB desync, Remote Play, Cronus compatibility etc issues that plague 1000Hz users by using 250Hz.

Long story short - weíre playing console games, almost all of them have strong AA and every single one of them has a turn speed cap. If I wanted PC-like movement and less AA, Iíd rather just play games on PC than try to jam a square peg into a round hole by forcing XIM to cram 1000Hz into a console thatís not designed to accept it.

XIM m/kb adapters are NOT designed to work with console game AA, so make it easier for the console by using 125 or 250Hz. XIM NEXUS is designed to work with AA and it does not operate at 500 or 1000Hz.
« Last Edit: 02:57 PM - 01/18/22 by antithesis »

Offline Texasmacks

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:51 PM - 01/18/22 »
Not directly possible on console, correct. I have seen teleporters in D2 on Series X lately, which could be from cross-platform lobbies and a lag-switch. But it could also just be a really bad ISP connection. Itís only been 3 instances in hundreds of games, so I suspect the latter.

Most online games have a handle on cheating these days, but I imagine PC cheaters could potentially affect console lobbies in cross play. Thatís definitely the case for hacked 360 lobbies on Xbox One in BC games where itís not possible to hack the lobby direct on Xbox One.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:32 AM - 01/19/22 »
I appreciate your detailed answer.

If you need carrying through any raid or trials just let Alan mcgregor know. He speed ran lakenof shadows in 3 mins. Absolute beast.

On other news, odin has sent me a xim nexus to create some decent crucible gameplay so if you stick to shooting stationary thrawl whilst invisible and leave me to actually showcase against pvp guardians we won't be treading on eachothers toes.

Have a nice day

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:17 PM - 01/19/22 »
What dpi and hip and ads sense?