XIM Community

Shall we forget ANY support of XIM4 for ps5?  (Read 811 times)

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: IceCYPRUS
Shall we forget ANY support of XIM4 for ps5?
« on: 11:56 PM - 01/03/22 »
What is the realistic probability of having support on XIM4 for PS5?

I know,I know there's not enough memory on the xim4 for both consoles to be supported, but is there any chance of offering it as an "option or a beta" fw to whoever chooses to have compatibility for the XIM4 on PS5 only?

Thank you.

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
Re: Shall we forget ANY support of XIM4 for ps5?
« Reply #1 on: 07:13 AM - 01/10/22 »
@0D1n? anyone??

plz..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 09:47 AM - 01/10/22 »
What do you mean by support (XIM APEX doesn't support it either)?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:30 PM - 01/10/22 »
XIM 4 can be used on PS5 via Remote Play using a DS4 V2.

If you’re asking whether or not we’ll get PS5 STs - XIM 4, APEX and NEXUS all have the same game database. So if and when PS5 games get XIM support, it’ll be available on XIM 4.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:23 AM - 01/11/22 »
XIM 4 can be used on PS5 via Remote Play using a DS4 V2.

If you’re asking whether or not we’ll get PS5 STs - XIM 4, APEX and NEXUS all have the same game database. So if and when PS5 games get XIM support, it’ll be available on XIM 4.

Thanks for the replies guys.
What I mean by "support" is as it was with PS4. Without the need of remote play or beloader(which absolutely doesnt like the XIM4  ;D), "natively" if I can say that.
If this lockout of xim devices is on Sony's side I get it, BUT since and I think there is now officially licensed 3rd party controllers, I would logically assume that XIM devices should be able to function without the remote play option. Even if without support for dualsense triggers(as long as the individual games allow it).

thoughts?

'coz for someone who doesn have a ps4 or pc nearby its a bit of a hassle to use k+m!!!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 10:24 AM - 01/11/22 »
There are not officially licensed 3rd party controllers that can solve the problem. The Beloader people are working on the non-RP solution. You should ask them on their forum about their progress: http://bbs.beloader.com
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:36 AM - 01/12/22 »
There are not officially licensed 3rd party controllers that can solve the problem. The Beloader people are working on the non-RP solution. You should ask them on their forum about their progress: http://bbs.beloader.com

the forum doesnt work unfortunately.
It has been idle for many days now...

Offline Tomnan69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:29 AM - 01/12/22 »
Hi I have the same problem xim4 M&K not working but both controller ds4 dual snes are detected and on application show keyboard buttons,  now I use cronus zen works perfect no disconnection all day but I prefer xim 4 mouse translation make more control and easy button setup by app. Only question is why xim4 not working but apex work where is the problem if they are similar product.

ds4 controller (battlefield 2042 ps5 versions) playstation 5 show this is wrong controller conect dual snes

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:44 AM - 01/14/22 »
XIM4, DS4v1, PSRemoteController on a RPi4 and remote play works very good for PS5 games.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:50 AM - 01/14/22 »
If this lockout of xim devices is on Sony's side I get it, BUT since and I think there is now officially licensed 3rd party controllers, I would logically assume that XIM devices should be able to function without the remote play option.

There aren't really, though. They're essentially just modified Dualsense controllers and still at their core just a Dualsense with added bells and whistles.

Offline K9YERR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: K9YB0ARD
« Reply #10 on: 10:34 AM - 01/31/22 »
unrelated to this topic and i dont own a ps5 so im not really bothered but what makes it impossible for xim apex to be supported on ps5? is it the fact its dual sense? if so why isnt it possible to add that controller for support?

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:38 AM - 02/01/22 »
unrelated to this topic and i dont own a ps5 so im not really bothered but what makes it impossible for xim apex to be supported on ps5? is it the fact its dual sense? if so why isnt it possible to add that controller for support?

The part of the communication between DS5 and PS5 is encrypted, which is why full DS5 emulation is impossible as of now.