XIM Community

Curious About More Single Player Game Support  (Read 140 times)

Offline JaxonH

• #GyroGamingMasterRace
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ActionJaxonH
  • PSN ID: jaxonholden
Curious About More Single Player Game Support
« on: 12:13 PM - 02/13/22 »
So, as I understand it, Apex was for KB/M, and most players wishing to use KB/M on consoles are playing competitive FPS or 3rd party shooters. Which makes total sense.

But now that Nexus is out, while the two do have a fair bit of overlap, I believe gyro aiming is used by a much larger proportion of single player gamers who like gyro for more accurate and comfortable aiming when playing through single player campaigns.

Games like Bioshock and Mass Effect are supported (excellent, btw) but then I noticed games like Immortals Fenyx Rising does not have a config. I was wondering if the team is making a push to get as many games compatible with Nexus as possible, similar to how Valve is furiously testing games for Steamdeck compatibility.

The more games that have a config in the list, the more appealing the product becomes (and the more value we get as gamers and customers). Obviously not every game can feasibly get a config, but not every game needs one. Just the games where aiming is involved.

Immortals, for example, has cross play. The Switch version has native gyro aiming, but there's no other version to cross save with that also has Gyro. It's not on Steam so can't map gyro there. Nexus, however, could solve that problem.

I edited my already edited Mass Effect config, and it feels pretty good, until you climb on a mountain top and scout, then it kinda falls apart with unpredictable response. But the experts making these configs could likely get it sorted.

So ya. I'm just curious if there's any kind of push to further Nexus compatibility, and if so, would it make sense to start compiling a list of games that would benefit from it, and then prioritize accordingly.
CURRENTLY PLAYING
NS: 13 Sentinels, Triangle Strategy, LEGO Star Wars
PC: Monster Hunter Rise
XSX: Call of Duty Vanguard
PS5: Horizon Forbidden West, Killzone Shadowfall

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Curious About More Single Player Game Support
« Reply #1 on: 12:18 PM - 02/13/22 »
Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely point mist4fun to this tread so he can comment (he handles translator creation).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin