XIM Community

[ACTIVE] my xim stopped working  (Read 676 times)

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JendaaMNK
Re: [ACTIVE] my xim stopped working
« Reply #15 on: 07:59 AM - 01/06/22 »
nope,i havent played for more than 14 days now, nothing works, ive tried everything, now nothing even connects to xim, im really dissapointed, ill probably just put it back to the box and not use it or ill just sell it 👎🏻 it was a waste of many, i wanted to play games and not to solve problems i dont have idea what should i do, can i send it somewhere to get it fixed when i havent buyed it from official xim page??? could i some how buy new official xim hub????

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:22 AM - 01/06/22 »
There may not be a problem with APEX itself, many problems are related to setup in some way. Troubleshooting can help identify and fix the problem.

Because nothing is working now it makes sense to see if this APEX can do the basics. Try reconnecting APEX to the console while only the controller is attached to APEX, leaving the hub and peripherals disconnected. The controller should initialize, if the controller can't talk to APEX then passthrough of your peripherals will not work during normal use.

Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

Once XIM has finished it's startup sequence it may be necessary to press the controllers guide button. If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:19 PM - 01/06/22 »
yes, i see green light 4x when i connect my controller directly to xim but it just flashes every time i try it with usb hub, i allready tried 3 usb hubs, even powered one

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:26 PM - 01/06/22 »
it somehow started working for few seconds then the keyboard stopped working but the mouse is still ok and working, the keyboard is on (it has lights on) but wont show on xim app or work, it maybe hsve working lights because of the powered hub, it wont work on xim but it works on pc

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:37 PM - 01/06/22 »
its probably also problem with keyboard because if i somehow get it to worl, then the keyboard turn off amd xim flashes pink but when i connect it directly its just solid white, but its weird that it worked for month

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:09 AM - 01/07/22 »
Solid white is a crash, there aren't pink light codes, there are purple which indicate a timing problem caused by something in the setup. This still seems related to the keyboard based on troubleshooting results. Testing another to learn if this resolves the issue would be helpful, ideally a basic non led keyboard if one is available.

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:30 AM - 01/10/22 »
hello, i dont have any keyboard that i can try but i can and also want to buy new one, also i need recomendation to any 80% mechanical keyboard that is compatible without problems, and i still want to know if i can buy new xim hub from you guys, i dont have any problem with payment or higher price, if i can buy one

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:21 AM - 01/10/22 »
Most common brands are known to be compatible unless listed on the hardware list (http://xim.tech/hardware).

APEX is compatible with other USB 2.0 hubs, I would look for another hub that includes a power supply which is sometimes needed with some combinations of LED peripherals. Ideally you would aim for a hub with a 5v3A power supply but options are limited by what's available at the time. This is what I would choose if ordering today.

Hub with 5v3A
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-7-Port-Speed-Power-Adapter/dp/B003Z4G3I6/

Hub with 5v2.5A
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Charging-Adapter-Support-Android/dp/B005P2BY5I/

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:11 AM - 01/11/22 »
hello, thank you, i get it that xim hub is same as others 2.0 5v3a usb hubs but im from czech republic and there arent any 5v3a hubs so i would like to buy the new xim hub or if you can please send me few Amazon links for compatible 5v3a powered hubs because the ones that you sent me, are sadly not shipping to czech republic.

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:16 AM - 01/11/22 »
also, i need new keyboard, i prefer 80% keyboards and i want to buy alloy fps pro or spc gear kg630 but i have no idea if theyre compatible, i also saw that People had problems with the hyperx fps pro
« Last Edit: 02:34 AM - 01/11/22 by Jendaamnk »

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:18 AM - 01/12/22 »
tried new keyboard, still not working, i need new hub, can you send me please few powered hub 5V3A links so i can have a look on which one ships to my location please? thank you

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:21 AM - 01/12/22 »
I checked a couple of vendors from your country and unfortunately wasn't able to find a 5v3A hub. You can try using a hub with lower amps but you should really be testing a standard keyboard that uses the QWERTY layout and doesn't include LEDs to get a baseline.

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:39 PM - 01/12/22 »
Okay so i can sometimes and somehow get it to work, then i can play for few minutes like normally without problems, then it starts flashing pink and do weird stuff like doing random input that i havent done, then it just stops working until i reconnect it again

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05:35 PM - 01/12/22 »
Does this happen without a keyboard attached?

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:13 AM - 01/13/22 »
i can play with only mouse and controller, so i can do move with controller and look with mouse, i went to shower nd left it connected for 40 minutes like that, when i came back, it wws still connected, then i plugged keyboard amd after few minutes of playing, it started doing random inputs and flashing pink, then it disconnected everything, also when i go to ads mode, it flashes green-yellow but ive read that this is normal