XIM Community

[ACTIVE] my xim stopped working  (Read 714 times)

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JendaaMNK
[ACTIVE] my xim stopped working
« on: 03:27 PM - 01/02/22 »
hello, sorry for my bad english
ive been using xim for 1 month without problems
i have weak usb hub with specs only 5VDC 500mA and it was working perfectly
one day my mouse just disconected and stopped working, i somehow fixed it amd then it happened again and stopped working, when i connect my controller it flashes green 4 times like usual and it also recognise my mouse but not my keyboard, i think i have problem with keyboard, but my keyboard works perfectly when i connect it to pc or maybe i have power issues because of my weak usb hub even that it was working perfectly for 1 month
my setup is
ps4
keyboard : niceboy oryx k300x
mouse : logitech g403 hero
« Last Edit: 10:10 AM - 01/03/22 by mist4fun »

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
my xim stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: 03:43 PM - 01/02/22 »
View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)
PSN ID: JendaaMNK
my xim stopped working
on: Today at 03:27 PM
QuoteModifyRemove
hello, sorry for my bad english
ive been using xim for 1 month without problems
i have weak usb hub with specs only 5VDC 500mA and it was working perfectly
one day my mouse just disconected and stopped working, i somehow fixed it and then it happened again and stopped working, when i connect my controller it flashes green 4 times like usual and it also recognise my mouse but not my keyboard, i think i have problem with keyboard, but my keyboard works perfectly when i connect it to pc or maybe i have power issues because of my weak usb hub even that it was working perfectly for 1 month
my setup is
ps4
keyboard : niceboy oryx k300x
mouse : logitech g403 hero

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: my xim stopped working
« Reply #2 on: 04:59 PM - 01/02/22 »
Hey,

maybe check if the battery of the controller is still fully charged. This could cause a powerdraw issue that will make your XIM disconnect some of your devices to prevent damage.
What kind of light sequence does your XIM show when the keyboard isnt recognized?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:11 PM - 01/02/22 »
hello, the controller is fully charged and connects to xim like it should do, keyboard doesnt connect and isnt shown on xim manager, when i connect keyboard directly int9 xim, then the xim light is just solid white

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:27 PM - 01/02/22 »
Hey,

does your XIM also show a solid white light without the keyboard connected to the XIM?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:05 AM - 01/03/22 »
hello,
when i connect everything, then it doesnt works or it works for few seconds
solid white light is only when i connect only my keyboard directly to xim, ive just buyed power adapter for my usb hub, ill tell you if powering the hub will fix the issue

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:09 AM - 01/03/22 »
A solid white light is a crash. If your setup is stable without the keyboard connected then I recommend testing the mouse in the port the keyboard uses now. If your XIM doesn't crash then there may be a compatibility or power issue with the keyboard.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] my xim stopped working
« Reply #7 on: 03:30 PM - 01/03/22 »
so, the powered hun that i buyed is bad so i returned it, i dont have the original xim hub, can i somewhere buy the xim hub but only the hub, so i dont have to buy new xim apex? and white light show only when i connect my keyboard directly to xim, when i connect everything, then the keyboard doesnt work, or it works only for few seconds, also when the keyboard doesnt works it shows really weird rgb combination that my keyboard doesnt have when i play with it on pc

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:39 PM - 01/03/22 »
so i got it to work, but after few minutes it flashes purple and disconect, so i have to plug it out and in console again to make it work again

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:00 PM - 01/03/22 »
The RGB lights are likely the default lighting profile the keyboard uses without drivers or software. APEX supports most devices that don't require special drivers or software but there seems to be a compatibility issue with this keyboard. I looked through the manual and I don't see a way to change to a compatibility mode. Unfortunately testing another keyboard is the next step.

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:39 PM - 01/03/22 »
hey,
i'll probably try to buy new keyboard, i would like to buy hyperx alloy fps pro but lot of People said that you need powered hub for this keyboard to work, is there any way to buy only the original xim hub without new xim apex????
« Last Edit: 07:42 PM - 01/03/22 by Jendaamnk »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:07 AM - 01/04/22 »
Many LED devices may benefit from a powered hub. When using APEX you're connecting 4 devices to a single USB port on the console. This is normally not a problem when using standard gaming devices but when LED devices are used the power draw can exceed what the console is able to provide. To answer your last question, using a non LED keyboard should work. Some LED keyboards may work too as long as the power draw of your total setup doesn't exceed the limit. Removing the controller battery if on Xbox, charging the controller directly with the console (without XIM+hub) if on PS4, and disabling LEDs may help reduce power draw.

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:01 PM - 01/04/22 »
i cant turn my leds off on my mouse or keyboard so i need powered hub, i allready have one powered usb 2.0 hub. the specs are ( 5V/500mA or 5V/2000mA with optional adapter) and i also got 5V/1500mA adapter from store, will this work? or do i need to buy another one? also, is there any way to buy original xim hub without buying new xim apex?
« Last Edit: 12:39 AM - 01/05/22 by Jendaamnk »

Offline Jendaamnk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:47 AM - 01/05/22 »
hello, i made it to work for few minutes again, now, nothing works whem connected through usb hub but works when connected directly to xim, i tried 3 diferent usb hubs and it was same every time, the keyboard lights for few seconds but doesnt work, mouse wont even light on and controller wont turn on, the xim app shows thst nothing is connected while using any usb hub,
ive spent 130$ on,, best'' console mnk just to play for 14 days, there is so much problems with it, im really dissapointed..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:07 AM - 01/05/22 »
A 5v3A powered hub is recommended. What you can try is connecting APEX to the console with only the controller and hub attached. Verify that APEX flashes 4 green lights then connect the mouse and test in a game. Once the mouse is verified to work then connect the keyboard and test it in a game.