XIM Community

Mist: Seriex x warzone ST vs Xbox one?  (Read 501 times)

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
Mist: Seriex x warzone ST vs Xbox one?
« on: 03:08 AM - 12/31/21 »
Is there a difference between the ST on series x vs the one x? I don't really want to bother updating my xim4 firmware because I gave away by seriex x controller (which I read I might need if i do), so if I create a config using the Xbox one ST for warzone (onky one available to me) will it be exact same on my series x?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mist: Seriex x warzone ST vs Xbox one?
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 AM - 12/31/21 »
They fit their platforms mechanic. Choose the version of your console.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:37 PM - 12/31/21 »
They fit their platforms mechanic. Choose the version of your console.

I can't, as I don't have a series x controller for my seriex x.  So they're not the same like you said one of the recent cods was (I think cold war)?

This brings me to another question, before this firmware update I was able to pick vanguard series x but now when I go into edit it shows vanguard and being Xbox one, even tho when it came out I selected seriex x. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:18 AM - 01/03/22 »
Choose based on what console you are using, the controller doesn't dictate the game's mechanic.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:04 AM - 01/05/22 »
I get that, but I'm still looking for the answer of: is the mechanic in new warzone ST different between one x and seriex x. In the past you've said it's the same for a particular cod between each (cold war I think) so it didn't matter which you used. The reason im asking is I gave away my seriex x controller and went out and sourced 3 brand new one x controllers, as I was under the understanding the seriex controller wouldn't ever work - so I don't want to update firmware and be required to use a seriex x controller to have it work.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:30 AM - 01/05/22 »
You can use a Series X ST with an Xbox One controller. Iíve used Xbox STs on PS4 with a DS4 controller.

The controller is just there to let the console identify XIM as an Xbox controller. Neither the XIM nor the console cares if you use an Xbox One or Series X controller, the XIM will function exactly the same.

What is different is the translation of mouse input to controller output, which is coded into the ST. If youíre on Series X, use the Series X ST with your Xbox One controller. You are NOT required to use a Series X controller.
« Last Edit: 04:36 AM - 01/05/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:32 AM - 01/06/22 »

What is different is the translation of mouse input to controller output, which is coded into the ST. If youíre on Series X, use the Series X ST with your Xbox One controller. You are NOT required to use a Series X controller.

This is literally what I'm trying to find out about this whole thread, and I feel like I'm explaining it clearly. What I want to know is, is the mechanic in both st's the same for warzone?  Mistt had literally commented on a past cod having the exact same mechanic no matter which ST you used, so it didn't matter what you picked (if I recall it was cold war). I want to know if this is the case here, because if not ill continue using the one x ST because... \/ \/

In another thread someone commented that when he did the latest xim4 firmware update, that his controller stopped working. In that thread obsiv said try the seriex controller and the dude replied that it does work only on the new controller. This is the only reason a controller is being brought up.

The thread ;

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=98610.0

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:08 AM - 01/06/22 »
"I get that, but I'm still looking for the answer of: is the mechanic in new warzone ST different between one x and seriex x."

Yes, the mechanic is different in the new warzone smart translator between Xbox One and Series X.

"What I want to know is, is the mechanic in both st's the same for warzone?"

No, the mechanics are not the same. You do not want to use a Xbox One smart translator on a Xbox Series console.

"In another thread someone commented that when he did the latest xim4 firmware update, that his controller stopped working."

As far as I know, Xbox controllers are backwards compatible. Meaning Xbox One controllers should continue to work on XIM4 after the firmware update.
« Last Edit: 02:13 PM - 01/06/22 by Oskool »

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:48 PM - 01/06/22 »

As far as I know, Xbox controllers are backwards compatible. Meaning Xbox One controllers should continue to work on XIM4 after the firmware update.

The thread I linked appears to say otherwise, but if that's not the case then I'll just do the update.  Me giving away my seriex x controller and stockpiling one x controllers is why I made the thread (after seeing the linked thread).

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:09 AM - 01/09/22 »
I'm an idiot, I see why you guys didn't understand what I'm asking now, because even if I don't update firmware I'm still able to select warzone for seriex x.  For some reason I thought the new firmware update was the only way to download a new ST if it's for series x. My bad.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:51 PM - 01/13/22 »
I'm an idiot, I see why you guys didn't understand what I'm asking now, because even if I don't update firmware I'm still able to select warzone for seriex x.  For some reason I thought the new firmware update was the only way to download a new ST if it's for series x. My bad.

Oh nevermind I can select it but it won't let me make one unless I update. So what's the verdict on this, old controllers works after new firmware for everyone except the dude I linked above?

Admin