XIM Community

Xim4 + ps5!  (Read 514 times)

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iTdope
  • PSN ID: iTdope
Xim4 + ps5!
« on: 03:57 AM - 12/29/21 »
Could someone help me understand if I can use my xim4 connected with a ps4 controller instead of a ps5 controller and play games like warzone and apex that is ps4 games?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim4 + ps5!
« Reply #1 on: 05:14 AM - 12/29/21 »
Yes you can.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:20 AM - 12/29/21 »
Yes you can.

Thanks for answer, do I have to have the latest firmware on my xim for make it work?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:22 AM - 12/29/21 »
No. As long as it works with your current PS4 DualShock 4 controller, it'll work fine on PS5 for PS4 games.

That said, it's always best to use the latest beta XIM firmware for up to date product support. In XIM 4's case, it's to add Xbox Series X compatibility.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:23 AM - 12/29/21 »
No. As long as it works with your current PS4 DualShock 4 controller, it'll work fine on PS5 for PS4 games.

That said, it's always best to use the latest beta XIM firmware for up to date product support. In XIM 4's case, it's to add Xbox Series X compatibility.

ok i see mate, i been using the aim assist 3 firmware for a long time. But would you recommend using the xbox series x for the ps4/5 aswell or does it not work? I have had little issue with jidder and not so smooth aming latley. Do you think it would help or just make it worse?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 10:06 AM - 12/29/21 »
Series X support won't help on PS5 or PS4. Stick to SA3 if it works for you.

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: stromdriver
« Reply #6 on: 11:18 PM - 01/04/22 »
going to unpack and hook up my new ps5 tomorrow,
so i can just unplug  my xim4 and the dualshock controller it's plugged in with on my ps4 and just plug it into my ps5 and keep playing battlefield4?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 11:25 PM - 01/04/22 »
going to unpack and hook up my new ps5 tomorrow,
so i can just unplug  my xim4 and the dualshock controller it's plugged in with on my ps4 and just plug it into my ps5 and keep playing battlefield4?
Yes, as long as it's a PS4 game on PS5.

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:39 PM - 01/04/22 »
yeah it's the battlefield 4 i have in my library i'm currently playing on my ps4, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything i had to do different to keep playing it on my ps5, setup/settings wise, or just plug the xim4/controller assembly in from my ps4 and download game on my ps5

Yes, as long as it's a PS4 game on PS5.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:54 AM - 01/05/22 »
It's literally plug your existing XIM setup from PS4 into PS5 and you're good to go. Just make sure that the PS5 controller settings are set to Use USB cable in Communication Method.

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:41 AM - 01/05/22 »
It's literally plug your existing XIM setup from PS4 into PS5 and you're good to go. Just make sure that the PS5 controller settings are set to Use USB cable in Communication Method.
that doesn't seem to be working? nothing will control (using wireless logitech mouse and sony nav controller) tried plugging the nav controller into the front of xim (like usually do to sync it back up) and ps5 had pop up saying 'device not supported'

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 05:38 PM - 01/05/22 »
I can't help with wirelessly connecting a Nav as I don't use one, but the process remains the same. If it's paired with XIM 4, it'll remain paired to it when connecting XIM 4 to PS5. It sounds like the Nav is trying to pair with the PS5, so check the Nav pairing instructions in the XIM 4 manual.
« Last Edit: 05:44 PM - 01/05/22 by antithesis »

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:31 PM - 01/05/22 »
I can't help with wirelessly connecting a Nav as I don't use one, but the process remains the same. If it's paired with XIM 4, it'll remain paired to it when connecting XIM 4 to PS5. It sounds like the Nav is trying to pair with the PS5, so check the Nav pairing instructions in the XIM 4 manual.

i eventually got it to work but somehow managed to wipe my config out of it, so i'll be spending time doing that, but i keep running into an issue where it turns solid white and locks up, it's never done that before

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #13 on: 07:19 PM - 01/05/22 »
That can happen when restoring a corrupted config. Remake it from scratch and it should be good.

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:06 PM - 01/05/22 »
That can happen when restoring a corrupted config. Remake it from scratch and it should be good.
yeah i didn't restore a config, i had to download and load the default one from the manager because my xim4 some how got blanked out, it's trying to make changes to config that it sometimes locks up

Admin