XIM Community

PS5 FULL SUPPORT  (Read 17094 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS5 FULL SUPPORT
« Reply #30 on: 11:58 PM - 01/08/22 »
Thanks for showing the setup antithesis, you can dismantle it now and send it to me as we agreed on :P ;) ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #31 on: 01:25 AM - 01/09/22 »
I am on PS5. The two reasons I did not opt for Xbox were low XBOX player count in my region (PS dominates here) and the forced crossplay with PC in some games.

I really wish this was not the case since I feel XBOX is a much superior experience compared to PS5.
PS dominates here too, but things will swing around this gen back towards Microsoft.

Cross-play is enabled by default, but can be disabled and matchmaking is much slower as a result. I donít care if Iím in lobbies with controller or m/kb players, so I leave it enabled for the lower wait times between games.

Thanks for showing the setup antithesis, you can dismantle it now and send it to me as we agreed on :P ;) ;)
Itís almost at the end-game. I slotted the Nvidia Shield in next to the Mac Mini for 4K Netflix and need to hook up a 3.5mm audio switch from the 43Ē to the GoXLR. I also need to swap the PS5 face plates and hang it from the end of the shelving unit, then the dishes are done :)
« Last Edit: 01:30 AM - 01/09/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ItZ_Me_Not_You

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:00 AM - 01/09/22 »
Xbox has no issues with XIM devices. PS5 does. Want hassle-free next-gen gaming with a XIM? Xbox is the simplest solution. My recommendation is based on over a decade of experience using XIM devices on both Xbox and PS consoles. The choice is really easy once you take the emotion out of the decision.

Remote Play for PS5 works well over ethernet, but too few people set it up correctly, or have the requisite equipment for it to be a viable solution for XIM support. Wireless is laggy, Beloader is buggy and XIM won't offer a solution for PS5 that isn't bulletproof for everyone.

I'm a long-time PS user and have no problem admitting that Series X kills PS5, it's not even close. I swapped from PS to Xbox this generation for cross-platform gaming for better console performance, e.g Destiny 2 is 1440p 120FPS on XSX for both PvE & PvP, but only 1080p 60FPS on PS5 for PvE and 1080p 120Hz for PvP...the difference is jarring.

Furthermore, XIM STs are 16-bit (65000 data points) on Xbox versus 8-bit (256 data points) on PS to map the look mechanics, meaning more accurate & responsive mouse performance on Series X than PS5.

Take the fanboy out the equation ("[email protected]Äbox" is based on nothing more than brand tribalism) and objectively, Series X is the far better choice for XIM gaming. I have a PS5, but only for the exclusives and my back-catalogue of PS4 games (which have additional input lag on PS5). Every cross-platform game from the last decade plays better and feels better with a XIM on Series X.

I won't buy any PS5 games until 1440p is supported, which the console can do natively as most 4K upscaling on PS is 1440p chequerboarding. But Sony is intentionally blocking 1440p on PS5 to attempt to force customers to buy 4K HDMI 2.1 HDTVs that they don't need, which is anti-consumer. 1080p looks crap on a 27" screen or larger, and 4K 60FPS performance is abysmal compared to 1440p 120Hz. Even a modest indie game like Outer Wilds can only squeeze 30FPS out of 4K on PS5!

And no, I don't sell consoles for any manufacturer. The margin for all consoles is almost zero (profit margins are a few bucks, which the payment gateway will take processing the transaction) so it is not worth the hassle to ship or deal with console warranty issues.

https://twitter.com/geronimo_73_/status/1478305783855161344

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #33 on: 03:52 PM - 01/09/22 »
Iím not buying a gaming PC for all of them

Sounds like something a casual would say!
Pleb

/s :P

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #34 on: 03:54 PM - 01/09/22 »
1440p on PS5 is big news, thanks for the link. Letís hope it materialises.

VRR may be more important on PS5 than XSX based on current cross-platform performance, so again, thatís big news.

I may finally have a reason to turn the PS5 on.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #35 on: 04:02 PM - 01/09/22 »
Iím not buying a gaming PC for all of them

Sounds like something a casual would say!
Pleb

/s :P
Tru dat homedog.

I made one for the boy from discarded parts from my PC upgrade. He prefers console, but itís a decent 1080p rig. My oldest daughter inherited my 2014 iMac which runs The Sims 4 in Parallels better than console. The other two girls are more into Switch and iPad, so I dodged a couple of bullets.

I like to compartmentalise gaming and productivity so thereís less temptation to procrastinate. Console and mobile gaming is much cheaper & easier, while the computers will mostly be used for schoolwork. That keeps the overall hardware costs well down.
« Last Edit: 04:09 PM - 01/09/22 by antithesis »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #36 on: 11:24 PM - 01/09/22 »
Man, might have to download it on my SX to see the difference.
I can't touch D2 on PS after playing on XSX...it looks and plays so good at 1440p 120Hz  :o

Wow,  you weren't kidding.  That is a crazy difference.

I just really don't want to buy all the DLC again since it's all on my PS account lol

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #37 on: 11:27 PM - 01/09/22 »
Letís hope D2 on PS5 gets the full 1440p 120Hz treatment.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01:07 PM - 01/10/22 »
Letís hope D2 on PS5 gets the full 1440p 120Hz treatment.

What monitor are you using for the Xbox?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #39 on: 02:24 PM - 01/10/22 »
Dell S2721DGF 27Ē. There are probably better options now, but itís crispy for console gaming and supports VRR. The one thing it doesnít have that I would like is a crosshair.

Offline Hellbound

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:04 PM - 01/10/22 »
Dell S2721DGF 27Ē. There are probably better options now, but itís crispy for console gaming and supports VRR. The one thing it doesnít have that I would like is a crosshair.

That one is on my list to consider.. Another is the MSI MAG274QRF-QD. Being a Gsync monitor, it has a console mode. I haven't been able to confirm whether or not vrr will work with the XSX.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12:51 PM - 01/11/22 »

That one is on my list to consider.. Another is the MSI MAG274QRF-QD. Being a Gsync monitor, it has a console mode. I haven't been able to confirm whether or not vrr will work with the XSX.

According to rtings.com the MAG274QRF-QD supports FreeSync over HDMI so it should work on Xbox. But it has HDMI 2.0 ports so VRR probably won't work on PlayStation 5 though due to HDMI Forum VRR requiring HDMI 2.1 ports.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/msi/optix-mag274qrf-qd

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01:30 PM - 01/11/22 »
HDMI 2.0 isn't necessarily needed for VRR considering the HDMI protocol/group whatever they called themselves basically messed with the requirements/naming scheme.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hdmi-20-cables-can-be-labelled-as-hdmi-21-with-no-enhancements/

Who knows when/if PS5 will support VRR and if it will work with other monitors/tv's. The current "rumor" is that obviously Sony wants to market VRR with their TV's so could be detrimental to other units. 

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04:49 PM - 01/11/22 »
HDMI Forum VRR requires HDMI 2.1 ports. FreeSync VRR and Gsync VRR 'can sometimes' work over HDMI 2.0 ports.

The Dell S2721DGF and MSI MAG274QRF-QD support FreeSync VRR over HDMI and Display ports. Gsync VRR only works over the Display port with these monitors, and neither monitor supports HDMI Forum VRR which requires HDMI 2.1 ports.

So far Sony has only announced support for HDMI Forum VRR on the PlayStation 5. They've made no mention of supporting FreeSync VRR.

I made a post here explaining the 3 different types of VRR.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=98641.msg865550#msg865550

You're right about some HDMI 2.1 monitors and TVs not supporting HDMI 2.1 features, despite having a HDMI 2.1 sticker on the box. Which is why review sites like rtings.com are invaluable. Although I noticed they only list HDMI Forum VRR support for TVs, but not for monitors. But if a monitor doesn't have HDMI 2.1 ports then it's guaranteed not to support HDMI Forum VRR anyway.
« Last Edit: 05:30 PM - 01/11/22 by Oskool »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #44 on: 06:32 PM - 01/11/22 »
Given PS5 uses AMD chips, Iíd expect FreeSync VRR to be the simplest solution. But Sony wants to flog Bravia TVs, so theyíll likely push for the path of most resistance.