XIM Community

PS5 FULL SUPPORT  (Read 17279 times)

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS5 FULL SUPPORT
« Reply #15 on: 12:29 PM - 01/02/22 »
Yea at this point i think xim devs needs to bring ps5 st profiles we have so many dif ways to use xim on ps5 and ps5 games remote play beloader etc we need support also

Until we get a legitimate solution, Iím not going to want a subpar ST. The team above all else is about quality. As a PS5 owner would love support too but not at the cost of compromised solutions from the Xim Team. Considering the amount of issues beloader has with multiple users, would just be a big hassle for a small team.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 02:42 PM - 01/02/22 »
Yea at this point i think xim devs needs to bring ps5 st profiles we have so many dif ways to use xim on ps5 and ps5 games remote play beloader etc we need support also
There is exactly one way to play DualSense-locked games on PS5 - Sony’s Remote Play protocol. The issue preventing support is performance as only wired Ethernet offers predictable results.

Not everyone has a PC, Mac or PS4 for the PS Remote Play app, nor a wireless network good enough for solid Beloader performance, nor a Raspberry Pi for Chiaki Remote Play, which has problems too. Remote Play app performance on mobile devices is also sub-par with frequent lag spikes over 2000ms.

The best Remote Play solution appears to be apex_vip’s Pi app which will have Ethernet support, but it’s still a third-party community project, which XIM can’t rely upon for official PS5 ST support.

We’ll likely need to wait for the DualSense to be cracked before XIM supports PS5 because it’s the only method with predictable performance and ongoing support. If you’re not happy with that, there’s always Xbox.
« Last Edit: 05:34 PM - 01/02/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline maasman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wCbriLL
  • PSN ID: wCbriLL
« Reply #17 on: 04:40 PM - 01/02/22 »
ok i haven't updated bealoder yet, i would like to know usb power supply is basically for beloader working?

Connection what i have is power supply then beloader in de power supply. Xim in the beloader. Duel sence in the xim hub with the 3 Dots and then 3.5 Jack to USB from the xim hub to the pa5

Offline maasman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wCbriLL
  • PSN ID: wCbriLL
« Reply #18 on: 01:54 AM - 01/03/22 »

Until we get a legitimate solution, Iím not going to want a subpar ST. The team above all else is about quality. As a PS5 owner would love support too but not at the cost of compromised solutions from the Xim Team. Considering the amount of issues beloader has with multiple users, would just be a big hassle for a small team.

Most people are using remote play OR beloader. There is no delay at all with remote play and beloader. You Just need to set IT up right. Sobi would love to see some ps5 support. Because now some games you Just cant play like hell let loose.....

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #19 on: 03:29 AM - 01/03/22 »
There is exactly one way to play DualSense-locked games on PS5 - Sonyís Remote Play protocol. The issue preventing support is performance as only wired Ethernet offers predictable results.

Not everyone has a PC, Mac or PS4 for the PS Remote Play app, nor a wireless network good enough for solid Beloader performance, nor a Raspberry Pi for Chiaki Remote Play, which has problems too. Remote Play app performance on mobile devices is also sub-par with frequent lag spikes over 2000ms.

The best Remote Play solution appears to be apex_vipís Pi app which will have Ethernet support, but itís still a third-party community project, which XIM canít rely upon for official PS5 ST support.

Weíll likely need to wait for the DualSense to be cracked before XIM supports PS5 because itís the only method with predictable performance and ongoing support. If youíre not happy with that, thereís always Xbox.

Im see that any post u make u keep bring up that xbox is the solution . Are u selling xboxs or what,trust me on my 40 years old i know already that xbox works flawless with xim. Tbh i dont care who has laptop or not idc if people have bad internet and remote play or beloader is not working for them for me not even with wire connected ps remote play is working great no lag or any disconnecting or any problem the same for the beloader sooo from my point of view im Gucci rn with the current solutions . Offcourse if the ds5 will be crack it will be even better for all but now im happy with out buy a [email protected]Äbox . So official st for ps5 will be great

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 06:11 AM - 01/04/22 »
Xbox has no issues with XIM devices. PS5 does. Want hassle-free next-gen gaming with a XIM? Xbox is the simplest solution. My recommendation is based on over a decade of experience using XIM devices on both Xbox and PS consoles. The choice is really easy once you take the emotion out of the decision.

Remote Play for PS5 works well over ethernet, but too few people set it up correctly, or have the requisite equipment for it to be a viable solution for XIM support. Wireless is laggy, Beloader is buggy and XIM won't offer a solution for PS5 that isn't bulletproof for everyone.

I'm a long-time PS user and have no problem admitting that Series X kills PS5, it's not even close. I swapped from PS to Xbox this generation for cross-platform gaming for better console performance, e.g Destiny 2 is 1440p 120FPS on XSX for both PvE & PvP, but only 1080p 60FPS on PS5 for PvE and 1080p 120Hz for PvP...the difference is jarring.

Furthermore, XIM STs are 16-bit (65000 data points) on Xbox versus 8-bit (256 data points) on PS to map the look mechanics, meaning more accurate & responsive mouse performance on Series X than PS5.

Take the fanboy out the equation ("[email protected]€box" is based on nothing more than brand tribalism) and objectively, Series X is the far better choice for XIM gaming. I have a PS5, but only for the exclusives and my back-catalogue of PS4 games (which have additional input lag on PS5). Every cross-platform game from the last decade plays better and feels better with a XIM on Series X.

I won't buy any PS5 games until 1440p is supported, which the console can do natively as most 4K upscaling on PS is 1440p chequerboarding. But Sony is intentionally blocking 1440p on PS5 to attempt to force customers to buy 4K HDMI 2.1 HDTVs that they don't need, which is anti-consumer. 1080p looks crap on a 27" screen or larger, and 4K 60FPS performance is abysmal compared to 1440p 120Hz. Even a modest indie game like Outer Wilds can only squeeze 30FPS out of 4K on PS5!

And no, I don't sell consoles for any manufacturer. The margin for all consoles is almost zero (profit margins are a few bucks, which the payment gateway will take processing the transaction) so it is not worth the hassle to ship or deal with console warranty issues.
« Last Edit: 06:51 AM - 01/04/22 by antithesis »

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
« Reply #21 on: 12:40 PM - 01/04/22 »
Im not gonna lie that post is long and most of it we know already that is true but im a casual gamer numbers for me is just numbers for my eyes looks the same yes destiny is way better on xbox as u saying but im not playing desting tbh lol plus when it cames about friendships that i have done the last 18 years beeing on ps then going on xbox os not an option . Also i can say that im using wirelless ps remote control and i have no lag what so ever at least what my eye can feel its smooth amd no disconnection what so ever i just wanted for those few guys including my self that we can use with no issue ps remote play and beloader without any problem to have ps5 sts i think even for one customer it worth to have ps5 sts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #22 on: 09:09 PM - 01/04/22 »
The objective is to support Remote Play that doesn't rely on one specific third-party device or another. Ethernet Remote Play via PC, Mac or PS4 is excellent, but it's not foolproof.

It looks like Beloader is adding support for wired LAN adapters, as is the Raspberry Pi solution being developed by apex_vip. If that happens and they resolve some bugs with their setup and PSN token authentication, we may see XIM support for PS5 games in the near future for wired Remote Play.

It won't happen if we need to use wireless Remote Play - ethernet is much more stable and predictable. You could still use wireless Remote Play, but it's unlikely to be officially supported by XIM.
« Last Edit: 05:48 PM - 01/05/22 by antithesis »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #23 on: 02:56 PM - 01/05/22 »

I'm a long-time PS user and have no problem admitting that Series X kills PS5, it's not even close. I swapped from PS to Xbox this generation for cross-platform gaming for better console performance, e.g Destiny 2 is 1440p 120FPS on XSX for both PvE & PvP, but only 1080p 60FPS on PS5 for PvE and 1080p 120Hz for PvP...the difference is jarring.

Man, might have to download it on my SX to see the difference.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #24 on: 05:47 PM - 01/05/22 »
Man, might have to download it on my SX to see the difference.
I can't touch D2 on PS after playing on XSX...it looks and plays so good at 1440p 120Hz  :o

Offline hrl2k

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08:35 AM - 01/08/22 »

Lmfao, if you were serious about the game you'd play it on PC. Get the F outta here with that Destiny Console b.s. That is seriously peasant style.

I have a PS5 and an Xbox|X and I play the Xbox .... for one single game, Forza Horizon 5. And that's only because my wheel is connected to my Xbox usually since i have more racing games on there than PC. Otherwise, I'd use PC for that too.

Simple fact is that PC can do every single thing the Xbox can, but better, and there is no such thing as a game that exists on the Xbox that you can't play on PC. But meanwhile... PS5 has over 30 games I can name *off the top of my head* that you can't play on PC.

The choice is a no-brainer for serious gamers. Casuals, dunno, go play whatever I guess.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #26 on: 01:11 PM - 01/08/22 »
Nobody here cares about the "PC MASTER RACE" argument. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 02:17 PM - 01/08/22 »
I do think Microsoft is doing a good job bluring the line between console and PC. They are focused on Xbox and gaming everywhere which is a really good customer focused strategy -- the platform is just a means to play the game you want to play. But there is just something so nice about consoles and their living room experience and convenience which is why I only use them. My son however likes his PC and it's great that we can game together even though we are on different platforms.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #28 on: 02:52 PM - 01/08/22 »
Lmfao, if you were serious about the game you'd play it on PC. Get the F outta here with that Destiny Console b.s. That is seriously peasant style.

I have a PS5 and an Xbox|X and I play the Xbox .... for one single game, Forza Horizon 5. And that's only because my wheel is connected to my Xbox usually since i have more racing games on there than PC. Otherwise, I'd use PC for that too.

Simple fact is that PC can do every single thing the Xbox can, but better, and there is no such thing as a game that exists on the Xbox that you can't play on PC. But meanwhile... PS5 has over 30 games I can name *off the top of my head* that you can't play on PC.

The choice is a no-brainer for serious gamers. Casuals, dunno, go play whatever I guess.
By the same logic, why do you drive a car when you can fly to all the same places on a plane? Driving is seriously peasant style. The choice is a no-brainer for serious travellers. Douchey attitude much?

AlsoÖ

Iíve been a PC gamer since the days of MS-DOS and Windows 3.1. I have an RTX 3080 Ti rig and an enormous library of PC games accumulated over decades. I am far more experienced as a PC gamer than a console gamer. I come from the era of huge LAN parties predating the internet, which is the last time I genuinely had fun on PC.

Fact is I donít like PC gaming as much as console gaming. PC comes with all sorts of baggage, like the upgrade circlejerk, hardware compatibility, driver conflicts, hackers, cheats, pirates, viruses and the operating system itself. The infamous blue screen of death still happens to this day.

The final straw for me was spending $3K on a quad-GPU rig in 2007 that couldnít run Oblivion at 1080p. I dropped PC for macOS and bought a PS3 for gaming. The only reason I have a PC now is for OBS and NVENC encoding. I donít play games on it at all despite it being the most capable gaming system in the house.

The last thing I am is a console peasant, itís just easier to play on console to avoid all of the hassle. The controls are simpler. I can buy multiple consoles and one game to share & play with my kids. I know that as soon as I start a game that itíll work exactly as designed. And I can easily transfer 4 decades of m/kb experience to console gaming via XIM, which works better on Xbox and is reason enough on its own to buy one.

PS5 hardware is lacking compared to Series X. Most games are cross-platform and perform better on Series X. The only reason I have a PS5 at all is for their shrinking library of exclusives, almost all of which are heading to PC too. Go ahead and name those 30 PS5 exclusives, youíll find that more challenging than you think.

There are exactly 3 current PS5 games I would buy (Ratchet & Clank, Deathloop (also on PC) and Returnal), but not at the ridiculous asking price of next-gen games. Nor while Sony refuses to enable 1440p, which they can do in a simple patch as itís the native resolution used for 4K upscaling on PS5.

Not to mention the incredible value of Game Pass Ultimate, which I can use on Xbox and PC. I havenít bought a single game on either platform for years but have a constant stream of new titles to play. PS+ is paltry by comparison.

I play against and consistently beat PC players in Destiny 2 via crossplay at a buttery smooth 1440p 120Hz, which is as good as I can expect from my 3080 Ti on PC. D2 on PS5 plays like diarrhoea by comparison at a pathetic 1080p for Crucible. I also play D2 with my son, which is much cheaper and easier to do on my Series X and his Series S. I have 4 kids, Iím not buying a gaming PC for all of them.

Long story short - why buy an Xbox? Because it offers a similar gaming experience to PC at a fraction of the cost and with greater ease of use. Just because PC has the most capable hardware (if youíre willing to pay up to $5000 for a high-end rig) doesnít mean it offers the best value for my family of six, nor the best user experience, which is all I care about. Consoles provide that, Xbox does it better this generation and Series X performance at 1440p is only marginally lower than my 3080 Ti.

So take your teaspoon-deep gaming horizons and snobby attitude and exit stage left -  accept that there are people who play Xbox for the exact opposite reason you play on PC and it has nothing to do with being a ďconsole peasantĒ. I come from the dawn of the PC master race, I own a high-end PC and play on console by choice #dealwithit
« Last Edit: 09:17 PM - 01/08/22 by antithesis »

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #29 on: 11:44 PM - 01/08/22 »
I am on PS5. The two reasons I did not opt for Xbox were low XBOX player count in my region (PS dominates here) and the forced crossplay with PC in some games.

I really wish this was not the case since I feel XBOX is a much superior experience compared to PS5.