XIM Community

Beloader question  (Read 657 times)

Offline runVLONE

• View Profile
Beloader question
« on: 03:09 PM - 02/22/22 »
Hi seem to have a really odd problem and I've not seen anyone on the same boat as me.  But my beloader is connected via lan adapter and i have no issue w remote play nor do i think its a power issue since it's powered by a charger and xim is also powered. My problem is everything is working fine however after 2 3 minutes my mouse stops responding and my character just spins in circle while the beloader light remains on green so its not a remote play issue ?. Keyboard movements only work left and right and cant do anything else etc or back out to the menu. Have tried literally everything please someone let me know if its a power issue or wifi related ? idek at this point thanks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Beloader question
« Reply #1 on: 05:03 PM - 02/22/22 »
That's almost certainly power. I used to get stuck in a circle strafe on multiple generations of XIM if the console didn't have enough juice to power my m/kb. A powered USB hub resolved it in every case.

That gets a bit trickier with Beloader as it may not have enough power for the USB / LAN adapter, as well as the XIM, despite the XIM peripherals being powered by its hub.

In my setup, I don't have the Beloader or the LAN adapter powered, but I have a 12V, 13-port, USB 3.0 hub for my XIM. Connection is rock-solid, no problems at all.

It could also be something else, like Beloader dropping packets. The launch model had issues and Beloader offered a replacement using a revised chipset.

Which LAN adapter did you buy?

What Response Rate are you running on APEX?

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline runVLONE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:03 PM - 02/24/22 »
Hi thanks for the reply but this is the lan adapter https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/usb-multi-function-lan-adaptor?variant=14680111239&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=High%20Margin%20-%20UK&msclkid=222b25df66e0172da364440357bcf778

Noticed that I seem to have the problem when my console is getting data packet loss since it's connected via wifi. I've bought a lan cable for it now and will test it tomorrow and will lyk of the results. I am 70% sure its not a power problem though just from my gut feeling i lit turned off all rgb lighting etc.

Offline Tolkvx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Tolkv
« Reply #3 on: 04:53 AM - 03/10/22 »
Need help!!!
My setup beloader (latest firmware 20220216.1744)+ XIM Apex (with DC 3.5 power supply) Use wired g502 and wireless keyboard Logitech k360
Every 10 min disconnected, I use XIM with power supply and without, change XIM settings 1000 hz to 250 to 500, use power bank 12v-1.5A, use USB ports on back side ps5, EVERY TIME 10 min disconnect.
I donít know how fix this problem((

Offline Lord Shaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:36 AM - 03/10/22 »
Turning off the rgb on my mouse and keyboard kinda solved disconnection issue wireles ( it still turned off here and there) Definitely recommend lan as I had no issue  of it going off yet.