XIM Community

XIM APEX with individual x-y Dpi ratios  (Read 343 times)

Offline Decreet

• CFG
    • View Profile
XIM APEX with individual x-y Dpi ratios
« on: 06:35 PM - 12/14/21 »
Has anyone tested using lower x DPI with higher y DPI in any games

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: XIM APEX with individual x-y Dpi ratios
« Reply #1 on: 04:20 PM - 12/15/21 »
It's not possible to set mouse X & Y axes to separate DPI values. DPI applies to the whole sensor.

I assume you mean Sensitivity values rather than DPI. In that case, play around with YX Ratio to adjust the relative X & Y axis sensitivities.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bookuvapes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:26 AM - 12/17/21 »
Mouse let's me set x/y independently. Only thing stoping me is usually my x/y ratio is different for hip and ads.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 07:32 PM - 12/17/21 »
Mouse-based X and Y sensitivity relies on PC software to function. I don't think that's saved in on-board memory.

YX Ratio can be set independently for HIP vs ADS in XIM Manager. Some of us use higher YX values for better recoil control while ADS.

Offline Decreet

• CFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:54 AM - 12/19/21 »
Mouse-based X and Y sensitivity relies on PC software to function. I don't think that's saved in on-board memory.

YX Ratio can be set independently for HIP vs ADS in XIM Manager. Some of us use higher YX values for better recoil control while ADS.

It definitely has some sort of built in memory I've tested it and it definitely works you can use this instead of x/y ratios that are available withing the xim app or you can use both to get your own type of advantage I've even used recoil macros with xim and it worked incredibly well

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:13 PM - 12/19/21 »
Some mice may store it on-board, but most wonít. XIMís YX Ratio does the same thing and can be set independently for HIP, ADS and AUX subconfigs. Mouse-based X & Y sensitivity canít do that, so itís best done via XIM Manager.

XIM or mouse-based antirecoil is actually quite poor. Reason being is that downwards mouse movement stacks with antirecoil and creates unpredictable aim. It can also be hard to track an enemy moving up, left or right while shooting. Thatís why good recoil scripts disengage antirecoil when intentional mouse movement is detected beyond a specified threshold.
« Last Edit: 04:18 PM - 12/19/21 by antithesis »

Admin