XIM Community

Beloader/Xim not working  (Read 5684 times)

Offline C8CBE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: C8CBE
  • PSN ID: C8CBE
Beloader/Xim not working
« on: 05:44 PM - 12/11/21 »
Hi guys,

Iíve got an issue and Iíll going to do my best to explain whatís happening.

So Beloader is all set up and as far as I can see working correctly. I can see itís established a remote play connection fine but hereís the problem. Iíve got no movement from both the keyboard and mouse (works fine on other games like the BF2042 PS4 version and COD so itís not keyboard and mouse capability) the controller thatís plugged into the XIM is the HORI one so that should be fine but I literally donít have any movement around the menus or in game. I have also tried plugging the XIM into a powers USB hub and then that into the PS5 via USB C but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Could it be a software update on the XIM?

Normally when I connect my XIM to the PS5 I have to unplug the controller and then plug it in for the PlayStation to see a new player has logged in and then select a profile. But when I do that with the Beloader plugged in it doesnít work

Thanks in advance on this!

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Beloader/Xim not working
« Reply #1 on: 01:27 AM - 12/12/21 »
Use the PS5 Dual Sense Controller and see if that works.

I looked at their "tutorial" and they used a PS5 controller as well.  Will likely need an update to add other controllers to work. Here is their set-up and you can see Dual Sense is used with Xim.

https://youtu.be/88rNyBVnsCs?t=182

Mine works as below

PS5 Dual Sense Controller + G502 (Wireless) + Sony Nav (Wireless) -> Xim APex -> Beloader -> PS5

Also, just to remove any other issues, whichever profile is your "Main" one paired with the PS5 should be the same profile on the beloader.
« Last Edit: 02:12 AM - 12/12/21 by ZioComposite »

Offline Frasier0303

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Frasier0303
« Reply #2 on: 12:40 PM - 12/13/21 »
Same problem here. I set up the beloader and it shows the remot play connection once connected to my PS5. When I add my APEX with mouse and Sony Nav controller I get no reaction what so ever!? Is there a certain plugin scheme you have to follow? I have my mouse on "1" and the Nav on "3" on my APEX. Any ideas for a solution would be very much appreciated. Best, Jochen

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
« Reply #3 on: 03:00 PM - 12/13/21 »
I've also have this probelm and I've asked alot of times on several threads. I've tried 3 different ds5 controllers I've tried ps5 controllers and I have the same problem. No movement from keyboard or mouse. I tried contacting them on their website they just told me to try a new data cable. I'm tried direct ones since I've tried ds4 and os5 Co troller but still have the same probelm. I told them that and now waiting for a response

Offline Frasier0303

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Frasier0303
« Reply #4 on: 02:38 AM - 12/14/21 »
The fastest way to get the beta beloader firmway update is to enter the chat. If someone is online they will send it through the chat as an attachment.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 09:23 AM - 12/14/21 »
They really need their own forum.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline george0wnz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DFW-MostWanted
« Reply #6 on: 05:50 PM - 12/15/21 »
Can someone please send me a link to the Firmware. Thanks

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:47 PM - 12/15/21 »
I got a new firmware from them in chat and I also followed the exact steps they did in the video to start the beloader and it worked

Offline wanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:20 PM - 12/17/21 »
I got a new firmware from them in chat and I also followed the exact steps they did in the video to start the beloader and it worked
I have the same problem. They dont have any new firmware on their official site. Can you upload the firmware somewhere. Would be great.

EDIT: if I just connect the PS4 controller to the beloader it works. So it seems the beloader with the shipped firmware has currently a problem with XIM APEX / XIM4.
« Last Edit: 02:43 PM - 12/17/21 by wanne »

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:58 PM - 12/17/21 »
Ok now try connecting the apex to the beloader but only have the controller connected and see if it works. If it works then connect your keyboard and mouse without disconnecting your beloader

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:59 PM - 12/17/21 »
I have the same problem. They dont have any new firmware on their official site. Can you upload the firmware somewhere. Would be great.

EDIT: if I just connect the PS4 controller to the beloader it works. So it seems the beloader with the shipped firmware has currently a problem with XIM APEX / XIM4.
I got it from then in the messages in their website also try to do what I just send in  last post

Offline wanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:47 PM - 12/17/21 »
Ok now try connecting the apex to the beloader but only have the controller connected and see if it works. If it works then connect your keyboard and mouse without disconnecting your beloader
Tried, but does not work. So I need the firmware uodate. I send them a message from their website. Hope they reply soon...

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:59 PM - 12/17/21 »
Tried, but does not work. So I need the firmware uodate. I send them a message from their website. Hope they reply soon...

How about PS5 controller?

Offline wanne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:50 AM - 12/18/21 »

How about PS5 controller?

Also not working.

Offline wanne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:24 AM - 12/18/21 »
For me the XIM4 does not work with the beloader (with PS4 or PS4 controller).
I just got the beloader working with the APEX and only with the PS5 controller connected.
Then I have the purple lights problem on the APEX if polling rate > 125.