XIM Community

XIM not working on new map in warzone, Caldera  (Read 2372 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM not working on new map in warzone, Caldera
« Reply #15 on: 11:44 PM - 12/09/21 »
Enable Expert mode. In your Config, under Movement, there is a setting called Simulate Analog Behavior. It makes your keyboard input look like a thumbstick. Try setting it to 100% at first. It may feel strange, but, see how the game reacts to it. Then, start turning it down. Let us know what the cutoff is.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:45 PM - 12/09/21 »
Enable Expert mode. In your Config, under Movement, there is a setting called Simulate Analog Behavior. It makes your keyboard input look like a thumbstick. Try setting it to 100% at first. It may feel strange, but, see how the game reacts to it. Then, start turning it down. Let us know what the cutoff is.

Just to double check, xim4 does not have these settings, correct?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 11:46 PM - 12/09/21 »
Just to double check, xim4 does not have these settings, correct?

It has equivalent of XIM APEX at the lowest SAB value.

Offline Screwdriver00

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:47 PM - 12/09/21 »

Ok thanks will do! Heading to bed now gotta work early but Iíll test it out tomorrow

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 11:49 PM - 12/09/21 »
Ok thanks will do! Heading to bed now gotta work early but Iíll test it out tomorrow

Thanks. It would be interesting to see if any XIM user that is using a Nav or G13 for analog movement are having this problem.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:03 AM - 12/10/21 »
I just played my first round on xim4 and had no issues pertaining to the thread.  hip fire sense does seem to be a  higher than it was on the same mw19 config when playing verdansk.  FWIW i was just sitting in mw19 menus last night trying to figure out which files i needed to get it working again as it was broken after the update and it kept switching me to kb/m on it's own, whenever i'd turn off my 700x gen 2 headset which uses the some protocol (?) as the controllers. I figured it was just confused thinking I turned off my controller or something. 

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 12:04 AM - 12/10/21 »
I just played my first round on xim4 and had no issues pertaining to the thread.

Are you playing on PC?

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:06 AM - 12/10/21 »
I just played my first round on xim4 and had no issues pertaining to the thread.

Are you playing on PC?

series x, trying a second round now to make sure.  one thing i did is when the map loaded me in i moved my mouse before running, just in case it lookeed for my first input. doubt that made a difference.

« Last Edit: 12:24 AM - 12/10/21 by ShaneN. »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 12:23 AM - 12/10/21 »
Everything appears to be working fine on XIM NEXUS -- which, of course, has analog movement.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:24 AM - 12/10/21 »
played two full games with 0 issues as far as detecting xim. 

The guys in the other thread are right though, the movement has changed for sure as the mw19 config I used for verdasnk def doesn't feel the same. 

Offline Screwdriver00

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:09 AM - 12/10/21 »
I just played my first round on xim4 and had no issues pertaining to the thread.  hip fire sense does seem to be a  higher than it was on the same mw19 config when playing verdansk.  FWIW i was just sitting in mw19 menus last night trying to figure out which files i needed to get it working again as it was broken after the update and it kept switching me to kb/m on it's own, whenever i'd turn off my 700x gen 2 headset which uses the some protocol (?) as the controllers. I figured it was just confused thinking I turned off my controller or something.

Hey just a question pertaining to this. Wondering if this is whatís happening to me?
What do you mean by which files you needed to get working again? Iím on a series s.
Maybe thatís what my problem is too when it says switched to keyboard and mouse input and then nothing works til I back out of everything again?
Because yesterday I played maybe 8 games perfectly fine, then this started happening consistently and I gave up.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:23 PM - 12/10/21 »

Thanks. It would be interesting to see if any XIM user that is using a Nav or G13 for analog movement are having this problem.

I don't play warzone but tried it out on PC with Nav for you OBsiV ;)

No issues playing with Sony Nav (Wireless), G502 (Wireless) using Xbox Elite Controller on PC with Xim Apex.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #27 on: 04:13 PM - 12/10/21 »
@OBsIV

I don't think this is related to XIM, there's a bug in Warzone where people's controllers will just stop working midgame until they restart the game.

https://trello.com/c/TTSNNh3N/299-console-controller-when-a-controller-is-disconnected-mid-match-the-game-must-be-restarted-to-reconnect-the-controller
« Last Edit: 06:13 PM - 12/10/21 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 07:08 PM - 12/10/21 »
A bug where the game just stops responding to the controller? Not sure how stuff like that gets past QA. :-)

Offline digoko

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08:04 PM - 12/10/21 »
Im playing with g13 with no issues.

Admin