XIM Community

Will there be an order limit?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
Will there be an order limit?
« on: 10:17 AM - 12/06/21 »
 Just wanted to say that the XIM team is making a mistake with no pre order list, but I wanted to get some clarification on how many can be ordered at a time, to make you aware that if you don’t do some homework now, you are going to have an upset community.

Pretending that the “Nexus,” is under the radar is just setting yourselves up for failure. We all know you can’t even produce the Apex right now because of global issues, so, all it is going to take for Nexus to turn into a disaster is the XIM team not taking the scalping issue seriously. You do realize that the Apex is now being scalped, right?

Just posting this as food for thought, so when the @#$% hits the fan, you guys are not going to have any cover. What is going to happen without planning, and pre order is that someone is going to order them all, unless there is some limitations. We know you can’t produce but so many because of shortages, so it will be pretty easy to purchase your whole inventory and then mark it up super high. 

Below is a seller getting 260 dollars a pop for an Apex. He has sold 13 on that one listing. Granted they are not all going for 260, but every Apex listed is way above the actual cost, and these are used ones. So, we can see how poor planning, and pretending that the Nexus is “under the radar,” is going to turn out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353773077571?epid=16037893763&hash=item525e84c443:g:IHwAAOSwOJJhlOE6

Every XIM customer should get a place in line and a garuntee of receiving a Nexus. We shouldn’t have to pay scalping prices. And, we shouldn’t have to visit this website 20 times a day either.
« Last Edit: 10:30 AM - 12/06/21 by Maxxgold »
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline bennyskoo

• View Profile
Re: Will there be an order limit?
« Reply #1 on: 11:04 AM - 12/06/21 »
I agree with this statement 100%. It also gives the hardcore Xim OG supporters some love.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:49 PM - 12/06/21 »
We don't know how NEXUS will be distributed and it may not be sold from this website at all. In which case it's up to the regional distributors to manage local sales.

In Australia, as soon as I know how much NEXUS will cost and how many I can order, I'll open up pre-orders and limit sales to one per household. I don't know how much control other XIM distributors have over their online stores, but that seems like a fairly easy thing to implement.

APEX isn't being scalped, its simple supply and demand. If new ones aren't being made, the price goes up in relation to rarity. Some entrepreneurial eBayers are buying low and selling high - that's smart business if you're prepared to put in the effort.

Scalping is different - that happens when new products are being made, but they're bought up in bulk to artificially inflate rarity so that the market price can be manipulated. That happens through large retailers (none of whom stock NEXUS) who care only for their stockholders and nothing for the consumer. The bigger the order, the lower the labour cost and the higher the margin.

Bear in mind that electronic components are extremely difficult to source, are much more expensive than two years ago and shipping costs have increased exponentially due to COVID shutting down manufacturing in China for so long. The queue for some APEX components exceeds 12 months, which is part of the reason it's not currently being made.

Pricing, availability and distribution are all being worked out by XIM Tech at the moment. Frankly, we're all going to suffer until the supply chain woes resolve because NEXUS cannot be sold at a loss and must be ordered at a large enough quantity to justify its place in the queue at the manufacturer. It's very difficult to do business in these times and we're all bleeding cash by the bucketload - if the factories can't or won't make it, we can't buy it and we certainly can't sell it.

Be mindful of these issues when complaining about why you didn't get a NEXUS. Availability and pricing are a supply chain problem. Patience will be required because no matter where you buy a NEXUS, it'll be first come, first served. Scalping shouldn't be a problem because we can easily set a limit of one unit per order and one order per household, but that's going to depend on individual retailers.

NEXUS may launch at a price well above expectations to reflect that increase in costs and may be hard to find, which has nothing to do with scalping the customer. Again, it's just supply and demand, which goes much further up the chain than the end-user.
« Last Edit: 08:43 PM - 12/06/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #3 on: 12:54 AM - 12/11/21 »
We don't know how NEXUS will be distributed and it may not be sold from this website at all. In which case it's up to the regional distributors to manage local sales.

In Australia, as soon as I know how much NEXUS will cost and how many I can order, I'll open up pre-orders and limit sales to one per household. I don't know how much control other XIM distributors have over their online stores, but that seems like a fairly easy thing to implement.

APEX isn't being scalped, its simple supply and demand. If new ones aren't being made, the price goes up in relation to rarity. Some entrepreneurial eBayers are buying low and selling high - that's smart business if you're prepared to put in the effort.

Scalping is different - that happens when new products are being made, but they're bought up in bulk to artificially inflate rarity so that the market price can be manipulated. That happens through large retailers (none of whom stock NEXUS) who care only for their stockholders and nothing for the consumer. The bigger the order, the lower the labour cost and the higher the margin.

Bear in mind that electronic components are extremely difficult to source, are much more expensive than two years ago and shipping costs have increased exponentially due to COVID shutting down manufacturing in China for so long. The queue for some APEX components exceeds 12 months, which is part of the reason it's not currently being made.

Pricing, availability and distribution are all being worked out by XIM Tech at the moment. Frankly, we're all going to suffer until the supply chain woes resolve because NEXUS cannot be sold at a loss and must be ordered at a large enough quantity to justify its place in the queue at the manufacturer. It's very difficult to do business in these times and we're all bleeding cash by the bucketload - if the factories can't or won't make it, we can't buy it and we certainly can't sell it.

Be mindful of these issues when complaining about why you didn't get a NEXUS. Availability and pricing are a supply chain problem. Patience will be required because no matter where you buy a NEXUS, it'll be first come, first served. Scalping shouldn't be a problem because we can easily set a limit of one unit per order and one order per household, but that's going to depend on individual retailers.

NEXUS may launch at a price well above expectations to reflect that increase in costs and may be hard to find, which has nothing to do with scalping the customer. Again, it's just supply and demand, which goes much further up the chain than the end-user.

Thank you :)

Will definitely be joining the waiting list for Australia 🦘