XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Manager 20211203]  (Read 2452 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
XIM APEX BETA [Manager 20211203]
« on: 03:06 PM - 12/04/21 »
Game updates designed specifically for next generation consoles (Xbox Series X|S) will only be available through latest Manager versions like this one.

Changes since last update:
Upgraded for latest App Store requirements.

This build is focused on how game updates are delivered to Manager and also upgrades it to latest app store requirements.

● Support for next-gen consoles: Support for games designed specifically for Xbox Series X|S.

● Faster game updates: As of now, Manager for different XIM products use different game databases which slows the game update process. This change introduces a shared XIM Universal Games Database which XIM APEX, XIM4, and future XIM products will use.

● New Config auto-customization: The new games database format is extensible and supports the ability to store unique information about games that will be applied automatically when a new Config is added to a XIM. For example, game-specific ADS Activation and Deactivation values.

● Latest App Store requirements: Google and Apple frequently change their requirements on apps in order to be able to publish to their stores. This build upgrades Manager to these latest standards.

COMPATIBILITY: This version of Manager will work with all XIM APEX firmware versions back to 20180402. However, to add a Config for game designed specifically for a next-gen console, you must be on the latest Beta firmware.

ANDROID USERS: Android requires your Location Services be active in order to be able to search for and connect to Bluetooth LE devices (like XIM APEX). XIM Manager never uses your location. You can disable your Location Services after you've connected to your XIM APEX.

64-bit and 32-bit: With exception of older Android phones/tablets, most support 64-bit so you should use the 64-bit APK when installing Manager (which is the default download link). Normally this decision is made by Google Play, however, since the APKs are being distributed directly by us, you will need to choose. If 64-bit doesn't work for you, please use 32-bit.

XIM APEX Manager
NOTE: If your browser is failing to download, please right-click on the link and use "Save As".

Download XIM APEX Manager 20211203 for iOS from Apple App Store (via Testflight)
iOS 13 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20211203 for Android from XIM.tech (32-bit APK)
Android 6.0 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20211203 for PC from XIM.tech
Windows 10 x64
« Last Edit: 04:27 PM - 12/07/21 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Miruzo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Miruzo

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hmm, that's weird. That's for reporting that and the video, it's helpful. I'm not able to reproduce on the same Firmware, Manager, and Android versions.

Can you please send me your Config backup? I'll PM you about it.
« Last Edit: 12:11 PM - 12/05/21 by OBsIV »

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
I assume it wasn't targeted for fixing, otherwise it would have, but just an FYI, even this latest beta crashes if I try to create a config after first searching for it by name.  It'd really be nice to have this fixed.  Android btw.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It'd really be nice to have this fixed.  Android btw.

I agree! I've spent all day yesterday trying to reproduce it (in order to debug it). Tried 5 different Android phones with different OS versions on 2 different APEXs with retail and beta firmware.

I'm getting reports that it's happening on Beta and non-Beta versions of Manager. I don't believe it's widespread otherwise we'd be hearing about it everywhere.

Are you running anything custom on your phone? Any sort of OS mods?

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
It'd really be nice to have this fixed.  Android btw.

I agree! I've spent all day yesterday trying to reproduce it (in order to debug it). Tried 5 different Android phones with different OS versions on 2 different APEXs with retail and beta firmware.

I'm getting reports that it's happening on Beta and non-Beta versions of Manager. I don't believe it's widespread otherwise we'd be hearing about it everywhere.

Are you running anything custom on your phone? Any sort of OS mods?

No mods.   Verizon locked Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  Note, happened on Android 11 and now Android 12 (recently updated).  I'd be happy to run some sort of special diagnostic version of the manager that may be able to log what's happening, if that would be helpful.

XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'd be happy to run some sort of special diagnostic version of the manager that may be able to log what's happening, if that would be helpful.

Thanks, I've uploaded a closed beta debug version of Manager to Google Play and waiting for approval.

Anyone who is experiencing this crash, please PM me your Google account e-mail you use for Google Play. I'll add it to the list and then you'll have access. Run the app and hopefully it'l crash and diagnostic info will be captured by Google Play that we can look at.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
I PM'd you my info and also provided some debug output from Android ADB.  Hope it's helpful in some way.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks! I replied and send you another build to try. Appreciate the help.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
For anyone interested, after doing some more testing on this, I have identified that for some reason my Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard is the problem.  If I change back to the Samsung Keyboard, the issue goes away.  Comes back again with SwiftKey.  :shrug

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
This build is still crashing at launch on my iPad Air 2. It runs fine on my iPad Air third generation

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This build is still crashing at launch on my iPad Air 2. It runs fine on my iPad Air third generation

There is no build yet for iOS.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Manager 20211203]
« Reply #12 on: 07:57 PM - 12/13/21 »

I new build is in review by Apple that should address this issue. Please give it a try when it's approved. The build number is 20211213.

Admin