XIM Community

Max turn speed and dpi correlation?  (Read 398 times)

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
Max turn speed and dpi correlation?
« on: 03:12 AM - 12/01/21 »
Edit: I'm on a xim4

If I'm using a 3500 dpi mouse and my Sens in a call of duty (for example) is set to 15 and I notice I hit a max turn speed when trying to turn around to look the opposite way. If I were to get a higher dpi mouse and and  then obviously lowering my config sens to feel similar, would I feel it hitting max turn speed at the same time/rate/amount or would raising mouse dpi/lowering config sens lower the amount of max turn speed I feel?

I'm toying with the idea of ditching my old deathadder for the deathadder 2 pro (or maybe visor ultimate) .  Just curious if I'd want to run it max dpi or set it down to the 3500 I have it at no and if that would change the max turn speed at all. Also, just because I'm curious, if I set that new mouse to 3500 would my Sens feel exact same as my original deathadder that maxed/set at.

Also I was just thinking, this old 3500 deathadder doesn't have on board memory I don't think, so would it always be set at its max polling rate. I guess I'd want to match that on the new mouse. I've never messed with pilling rate before.
« Last Edit: 04:26 AM - 12/01/21 by ShaneN. »

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Max turn speed and dpi correlation?
« Reply #1 on: 08:20 AM - 12/01/21 »
The max turn speed is hard-baked into the game and doesn't change regardless of what you're using. Also, regardless of what DPI you use, if you're not using any curves, boost or steady aim, then your mouse movements will remain linear up until the point at which you exceed the turn speed cap, so changing DPI and matching sens will have to effect on how "quickly" you hit the turn speed cap.

As for the last question, you should be able to set any new mouse at the same DPI and the sens will be the same. Different mice have different sensors, though, some have smoothing added in at higher DPI, so how responsive it feels and how it interacts with the aim assist may feel difference. I tell-tale sign of this is, higher DPI should mean less aim assist - if it doesn't with a particular mouse, then that mouse may have built in smoothing at higher DPIs.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:35 PM - 12/01/21 »
Great reply thanks. I waa going to try switching from my old deathadder 3500 to the new deathadser v2 pro or viper ultimate because I assumed a higher dpi and lower sense would help with max turn speed, which i know see it won't, but I think I'll still go pick one up today just for the sake of a better sensor and having no wire. I'll just set it back to 3500.

I'm assuming since my old mouse didn't have onboard memory that it was always using its max polling rate of 1000hz? It's weird I never noticed any twitchyness being as though it appears xim4 is 250hz and not changeable.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:47 AM - 12/02/21 »
For clarity, XIM 4 is 125Hz.

In regards to your mouse, the old DA probably has a laser sensor with acceleration. The new one is likely optical without acceleration and should feel more accurate and responsive, so you may need to change XIM sensitivity at the same DPI & polling rate.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:25 AM - 12/02/21 »
For clarity, XIM 4 is 125Hz.

In regards to your mouse, the old DA probably has a laser sensor with acceleration. The new one is likely optical without acceleration and should feel more accurate and responsive, so you may need to change XIM sensitivity at the same DPI & polling rate.

Picked up the v2 pro tonight and played two quick games of rebirth, keeping the same dpi and Sens as before  and it does feel more accurate (don't think it was placebo), it doesn't appear like I need to make any slight ht changes - although I'll know for sure after more play this weekend. I left the new one at 1000hz (which I believe my old one would have been stuck at) and I don't notice anything feeling weird. Is there any reason why I might want to lower the hz to closer match the 125hz if I don't seem to have any negative effects?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 02:33 PM - 12/02/21 »
Leave the mouse at 1000Hz, the XIM will filter out the overhead.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:05 AM - 12/04/21 »
Leave the mouse at 1000Hz, the XIM will filter out the overhead.

I think I understand twitchy now. Even at the same dpi and sens, my new mouse didn't feel right after my first night of actual gaming. It felt like I couldmt keep on target, as if Sens was higher but wasn't. Hard to explain. I thought word twitchy was like skipping. O guess 1000hz poll on this way newer sensor is giving me that feeling whne it didn't on the really old DA. Dropped it down to 500h and it feels much like my old mouse did as for as throwing around the gun.

Admin