Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: IceCYPRUS
Re: beloader
« Reply #30 on: 02:16 PM - 12/28/21 »
http://bbs.beloader.com/d/14-some-firmware-for-user-testing

1513 supposedly works best...
havent tried it

I meant for xim4 itself not the beloader, sorry.

latest beta

Offline MDiver01

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11:29 PM - 12/28/21 »
Alright. Got the beta installed and am able to run. Have to use a ps4 controller. Got a weird thing now even now and again my xim freaks out and starts flashing red and yellow and it doesn't respond. Sometimes unplugging and plugging back in works but other times it doesn't. Have to completely pull out the beloader for it to reset.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 11:56 PM - 12/28/21 »
Red and yellow means your peripherals are drawing too much power.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline MDiver01

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12:13 AM - 12/29/21 »

I've never had this problem before I updated the FW. What is the fix?

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:18 AM - 12/29/21 »
Alright. Got the beta installed and am able to run. Have to use a ps4 controller. Got a weird thing now even now and again my xim freaks out and starts flashing red and yellow and it doesn't respond. Sometimes unplugging and plugging back in works but other times it doesn't. Have to completely pull out the beloader for it to reset.
what is your setup?

PS5 + XIM4 + PS4 controller playing a PS5 game???
I'm really wondering how you got it to work. Also is the beloader plugged into the console or a power supply?

thnx

Offline MDiver01

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12:26 AM - 12/29/21 »
what is your setup?

I'm really wondering how you got it to work. Also is the beloader plugged into the console or a power supply?

thnx

I have the latest beta FW for xim4 and manager. Update the beloader FW to the 1513 I think is what the number is. Then after that I ran the setup, plugged it straight to the ps5 and let it connect then I plugged in xim4 with a ps4 controller. PS5 controller will not work with XIM4. I started playing BF2042 on PS5 with no problems until I started getting the red and yellow flashing. Thought it was the beloader not getting enough power so I plugged it into a 5v2a USB charger but still got the red and yellow flashing.

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:56 AM - 12/29/21 »
what is your setup?

thnx

I have the latest beta FW for xim4 and manager. Update the beloader FW to the 1513 I think is what the number is. Then after that I ran the setup, plugged it straight to the ps5 and let it connect then I plugged in xim4 with a ps4 controller. PS5 controller will not work with XIM4. I started playing BF2042 on PS5 with no problems until I started getting the red and yellow flashing. Thought it was the beloader not getting enough power so I plugged it into a 5v2a USB charger but still got the red and yellow flashing.

When you get the yellow and red flashing the whole setup stops working? Then when you replug everything works again?
Also the flashing(Y&R) is random in regards to time?
and if it means that XIM4 is drawing too much power, how do we regulate it? @0D1n?

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:58 AM - 12/29/21 »

if peripherals have RGB and we get the yellow and Red flashing, if we disable the RGB or use lower power consumption perpherals will solve the issue you think?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: 10:15 AM - 12/29/21 »
On XIM 4, you can connect the mouse & keyboard to a powered USB hub, then connect the hub to XIM 4. Leave the controller connected direct to XIM 4. That should solve the power problem.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MDiver01

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:04 AM - 12/29/21 »
Just weird that I've never had this problem before. Could a low battery on the controller cause this by trying to charge through the xim?

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12:03 AM - 12/30/21 »
On XIM 4, you can connect the mouse & keyboard to a powered USB hub, then connect the hub to XIM 4. Leave the controller connected direct to XIM 4. That should solve the power problem.
this wont work with the XIM4 right?. You'll have 1 input slot empty!!!
Unless you mean something different!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #41 on: 12:42 AM - 12/30/21 »
It'll work just fine. You only need one USB slot on XIM 4 if using a USB hub.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #42 on: 12:43 AM - 12/30/21 »
Just weird that I've never had this problem before. Could a low battery on the controller cause this by trying to charge through the xim?
Beloader needs power too. You've likely tipped the power supply of the console USB port over the edge with a Beloader, XIM, mouse, kb and controller. Additional power should sort that out.

And yes, the controller should be fully charged before connecting to XIM as it could cause power-related disconnects too while charging through a XIM.

Offline IceCYPRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:03 AM - 12/30/21 »
It'll work just fine. You only need one USB slot on XIM 4 if using a USB hub.

OK. Connect the hub to which input? the mouse or keyboard?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #44 on: 06:43 PM - 12/30/21 »
Mouse & keyboard > USB hub > XIM 4. Port doesn't matter on the XIM.