XIM Community

Removing capabilities with multiplayer games.  (Read 316 times)

Offline Cmpthy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Huge-_-
Removing capabilities with multiplayer games.
« on: 08:15 AM - 11/26/21 »
I think itís quite unfair playing against controller players on a controller based FPS game third party devices are not allowed in tournaments and I have lost quite a bit of money from playing people that use the XIM in game battle tourneys and even just multiplayer is Impossible to play on Seige with all the xim users. Xim I ask to please update your app to remove certain games from the xim especially multiplayer controller based games. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Removing capabilities with multiplayer games.
« Reply #1 on: 12:30 PM - 11/26/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM was created to let people game with the input devices they prefer. No matter what, through XIM, you are still limited to the restrictions imposed on aim when gaming with controllers. Using a XIM doesn't mean you suddenly get PC aim. This isn't true and something people immediately assume. You are gaming within the same hard limitations and rules as all other controller players. I don't know if most know this but Sony even officially licenses a mouse adapter made by Hori for their consoles. So you have to ask if you are really losing to people that are using XIM-like devices.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:51 PM - 11/26/21 »
I call BS on you playing competitive and XIM players ruining it for you. The aim assist on modern games is so well tuned for controllers that the XIM is no significant advantage. The top controller players aim just as good as the top XIM players. All the best players on the game I play are controller players.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:02 PM - 11/26/21 »
All the best players on the game I play are controller players.

Same. I play RB6 Siege at the highest level, the game has no aim assist, yet all champions i know or regularly play with are controller players. The assumption that high level Siege is full of MnK is wrong in my opinion. Its true that there are a lot, but they certainly arent in the majority. There are lots of controller + strikepack/titan users though, which can look like MnK tbh.

Same goes for OW. The former top1 ranked PSN OW player once went through the entire top500 list and counted the amount of MnK players. I think the result was like 20 people or so. Video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtR2QdaDvHs

The bottom line is that in the top1-2% aim is no longer the deciding factor. What matters is your decision making, map awareness, communication and game sense.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin