XIM Community

Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?
« Reply #30 on: 09:14 AM - 11/27/21 »
The ST works perfectly for me at least, I just hope if it's gets retrained that the same people who where asking for the retrain won't be asking for backups of the old ST like it was with mw2019.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?
« Reply #31 on: 10:06 AM - 11/27/21 »
Every year I load the new st, I set my buttons and I set my sense and I play. That's it. That's all

You are not missing any settings on your XIM4 that are needed for this to work, It's 1 in-game setting that you need to change, just 1 extra step... that's all.

You need to change the in-game controller setting "ADS Sensitvity Transition Timing" to gradual, It's in the same menu where you max out the controller sensitivity on CoD like you do every year.

« Last Edit: 10:12 AM - 11/27/21 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline xSlayeR

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:15 AM - 11/27/21 »
Every year I load the new st, I set my buttons and I set my sense and I play. That's it. That's all

You are not missing any settings on your XIM4 that are needed for this to work, It's 1 in-game setting that you need to change, just 1 extra step... that's all.

You need to change the in-game controller setting "ADS Sensitvity Transition Timing" to gradual, It's in the same menu where you max out the controller sensitivity on CoD like you do every year.

Still not perfect

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:50 PM - 11/27/21 »
I feel it too when going from ADS to HIP

It's not that bad with gradual but when I zoom out and instantly do a quick swipe it's much faster than usual. Let's say I want to do a 180 but I do a 270 instead. After that my sens is back to normal and it doesn't happen with 1.0 at all.

Try this with a sniper

The sensitivity jump is 100% there. We are not too stupid to use the correct in-game settings...

Some people feel it more than others. It's subjective.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:47 PM - 11/28/21 »
Please finally carry out the retrain. Except for a few dissenting voices, the majority of players think that there are problems with the 3.2 ADS multiplier.

It's almost a month since Vanguard is out and I haven't been able to play with a ST trained on the game because the current ST with 3.2 multiplier is just significantly worse than old ST from CoD, like CW or MW, which are trained on 1.0. But if the Vanguard ST was trained to 1.0, we could finally play reasonably with the XIM.

Offline roy3805

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: uljt-
« Reply #35 on: 10:11 PM - 11/28/21 »
Please finally carry out the retrain. Except for a few dissenting voices, the majority of players think that there are problems with the 3.2 ADS multiplier.

It's almost a month since Vanguard is out and I haven't been able to play with a ST trained on the game because the current ST with 3.2 multiplier is just significantly worse than old ST from CoD, like CW or MW, which are trained on 1.0. But if the Vanguard ST was trained to 1.0, we could finally play reasonably with the XIM.

I second this.. Iíve never had this kind of problem with any call of duty before..Iím a Xim veteran.. Iíve been using xim since MW3 on ps3 on the xim edge..  I havenít got a chance to really enjoy vanguard yet.

Offline TheTank

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05:40 AM - 11/29/21 »
Please retrain at 1.0. At 3.2 I was having huge problems, both on Gradual as on Instant.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:57 AM - 11/29/21 »
I wonder why it was trained at 3.20. Seems like they're usually done at default settings. I hope it gets looked into, this is the only game I play.

3.20 was used because it allows ADS to have an approximately equal turn speed with Hip and this release supports different transition options in the game. Equal turn speeds allow for a more normalized sensitivity between Hip and ADS, which is a common request from players here. I'm not able to test both STs together during creation so while I can say that each ST provides linear movement with their supported mechanic, I don't know how their transitions will feel until support is released. I personally don't feel a jump using the recommended settings but people have mentioned that the delay changes with the loadout and perks used so there may be some combinations that might not work well with the default delay and deactivation delay values in the config. Adjusting the delay values as your loadout changes should resolve the problem. I wonder if the people who are reporting these problems are adjusting these values to their own loadout type or trying to only use the default values?

In any case it seems that most players prefer a 1.0 ADS multiplier so this will be supported after BF 2042.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:12 PM - 11/29/21 »
somethings not right for sure, even with an in game sen. at 1 I still have a jump sometimes going out of ADS to hip. it makes it impossible to turn on someone when it happens. I have the same FOV and in game sensitivity settings on cold war and vangaurd and it dont happen much if any with the cold war st so I think its in the st.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12:25 AM - 11/30/21 »
In any case it seems that most players prefer a 1.0 ADS multiplier so this will be supported after BF 2042.

Damm, that's unfortunate - I'm going to backup the XIMMR file and stick with the current ST.

Having equal HIP and ADS sensitivity is such a game changer.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Jermar

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:32 AM - 11/30/21 »
I like it. Donít change a thing

Offline TheTank

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:33 AM - 11/30/21 »

Damm, that's unfortunate - I'm going to backup the XIMMR file and stick with the current ST.

Having equal HIP and ADS sensitivity is such a game changer.

Which of the following do you use?
-Hip translator for both Hip and ADS
-ADS translator for both Hip and ADS
-Hip translator for Hip and ADS translator for ADS

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?
« Reply #42 on: 02:51 AM - 11/30/21 »
Hip translator for Hip and ADS translator for ADS

This ^^ + In-game "ADS Transition System = Gradual"
« Last Edit: 03:17 AM - 11/30/21 by He4DHuNt3r »

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04:15 AM - 11/30/21 »
Hip translator for Hip and ADS translator for ADS

This ^^ + In-game "ADS Transition System = Gradual"

Can I know your config and your settings? I would like to test it if the problem still exists with me. Best also a current weapon setup which you use.

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:58 AM - 11/30/21 »
Man some people here really think we are are too stupid to use the recommended in-game settings lol

YES WE USE GRADUAL AND THE OTHER SETTINGS MIST POSTED IN THE GAME SETTINGS THREAD