XIM Community

Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?
« on: 10:04 AM - 11/24/21 »
@Od1n @mist4fun
Will there be a update for Vanguard ST, trained to ADS multiplier 1.0? (as it was in every CoD part before and had always worked well)

At the moment it doesn't feels right and you need plenty settings, to make it playable.

Also there is a "jump" in the back transition from ADS to HIP when using the recommended ADS multiplier.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Call of Duty: Vanguard ST - Rework?
« Reply #1 on: 10:12 AM - 11/24/21 »
mist4fun talked about revisiting after BF2042. However, if we release a 1.0x ADS, it will replace the current. We won't be maintaining multiple versions.

So, if you like the way it is right now, please speak up.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline moobot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 11/24/21 »
mist4fun talked about revisiting after BF2042. However, if we release a 1.0x ADS, it will replace the current. We won't be maintaining multiple versions.

i believe the current 3.2 multiplier is causing issues for a lot of people, ii tried it and just couldn't get the ads activation and deactivation right.
ST trained on 1.0 ads is preferred.

Also the amount of aim assist that turns into aim resist/muddy feeling is out of this world on vanguard, don't think anything can be done about that in the retraining though sadly.
PC version of the ST would also be lovely <3

Offline ttdmggg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:03 PM - 11/24/21 »

i believe the current 3.2 multiplier is causing issues for a lot of people, ii tried it and just couldn't get the ads activation and deactivation right.
ST trained on 1.0 ads is preferred.

Also the amount of aim assist that turns into aim resist/muddy feeling is out of this world on vanguard, don't think anything can be done about that in the retraining though sadly.
PC version of the ST would also be lovely <3

Is PC version really different? Isn't it the same if I just connect PS4/5 controller to XIM connected to PC?

Offline von90dead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:49 PM - 11/24/21 »

Personally I prefer 1.0x ADS. With 3.2 I feel jumps in changing HIP to ADS.

Online He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #5 on: 11:15 PM - 11/24/21 »

I prefer the way it currently is - 3.2x ADS

I'm not feeling or seen this ADS issue, which I why I would like people to share what settings they are using on there XIM Apex & In-game, weapons + Attachments when they have this jump issue.
« Last Edit: 11:23 PM - 11/24/21 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:38 PM - 11/24/21 »
Please do,ST-ADS 1.0
P.S.Yesterday I updated my configuration at the moment it is the best for me¯\_(ツ)_/¯

XIM4 + PS4 + CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD
https://clck.ru/YmnXp

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:50 AM - 11/25/21 »

I'm not feeling or seen this ADS issue, which I why I would like people to share what settings they are using on there XIM Apex & In-game, weapons + Attachments when they have this jump issue.

What settings are you using? Can you share your xim config ? Are you using the exact delay times of the finished weapon? Also deactivation delay ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:00 AM - 11/25/21 »
Id give it a bit more time so people can make up their minds. Though i already have a feeling that the community will be split on that just like in other games with potential dual ST support.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:14 AM - 11/25/21 »
I just replied in another thread asking if this can be revisited before I saw this. I'm all for it being changed/looked at. First year in 10+ where I cant just set me Sens and go.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:25 AM - 11/25/21 »
I don't notice a jump either on "Gradual" with the new ST and 3.2x multiplier.   However I prefer instant and the feeling of 1.0 ADS just because I'm more used to it.

Offline xSlayeR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:29 AM - 11/25/21 »
It should 100% be retrained on 1.0x.
Training on 3.2x and using 1.0x still causes issues sometimes.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:52 AM - 11/25/21 »

I just replied in another thread asking if this can be revisited before I saw this. I'm all for it being changed/looked at. First year in 10+ where I cant just set me Sens and go.

I think for this reason (ShaneN mentioned) alone XIM should make the decision for Multiplier 1.0.

The XIM has always been a device (away from the expert settings) that means plug-and-play, even for people who are not so well versed.

This was also possible with all CoD ST so far, plug in, set Sens, done. I am playing since CoD Ghosts, every Call of Duty with XIM 4 than XIM APEX with all available STs.

For the ADS Multiplier of 3.2 to work, however, a user must first make multiple settings that are only covered by the expert settings. With the standard settings of the Vanguard ST, where you only set the sensitivities, you can NOT play sensibly in combination with the recommended ingame settings.

Even if 3.2 might be more perfect for some experts in certain cases and configurations - for the masses and the standard XIM user you should choose ADS Multiplier 1.0 / Gradual.

Then you can use the Vanguard ST without any problems without Expert-Settings just by adjusting the sensitivities.

EDIT: There is also a big problem with Multiplier 3.2: On some weapons without attachments (e.g. MP40) you have a "jump" in the back transition from ADS to HIP when using the recommended ADS multiplier.

It can't be that you have to use certain attachments to not have a crack. Therefore I do not find it useful to discuss what  they are using In-game, weapons + Attachments when they have this jump issue.

The ST should always work, no matter what the weapon or attachments.

It does with ADS Multiplier 1.0 - but not with 3.2.
« Last Edit: 03:59 AM - 11/25/21 by Sorothos »

Offline xSlayeR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:57 AM - 11/25/21 »

I think for this reason (ShaneN mentioned) alone XIM should make the decision for Multiplier 1.0.

The XIM has always been a device (away from the expert settings) that means plug-and-play, even for people who are not so well versed.

This was also possible with all CoD ST so far, plug in, set Sens, done. I am playing since CoD Ghosts, every Call of Duty with XIM 4 than XIM APEX with all available STs.

For the ADS Multiplier of 3.2 to work, however, a user must first make multiple settings that are only covered by the expert settings. With the standard settings of the Vanguard ST, where you only set the sensitivities, you can NOT play sensibly in combination with the recommended ingame settings.

Even if 3.2 might be more perfect for some experts in certain cases and configurations - for the masses and the standard XIM user you should choose ADS Multiplier 1.0 / Gradual.

Then you can use the Vanguard ST without any problems without Expert-Settings just by adjusting the sensitivities.

EDIT: There is also a big problem with Multiplier 3.2: On some weapons without attachments (e.g. MP40) you have a "jump" in the back transition from ADS to HIP when using the recommended ADS multiplier.

It can't be that you have to use certain attachments to not have a crack. Therefore I do not find it useful to discuss what  they are using In-game, weapons + Attachments when they have this jump issue.

The ST should always work, no matter what the weapon or attachments.

It does with ADS Multiplier 1.0 - but not with 3.2.

I could not say it better.
Nothing to add or to discuss with his post.

I am using XIM since XIM3 and I will never use anything else but this ST needs clearly to be trained at 1.0.

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:52 AM - 11/25/21 »
Yes train on 1.0 gradual please