XIM Community

Vanguard.. How do people enjoy this nonsense?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline XxFPSGODxX

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard.. How do people enjoy this nonsense?
« Reply #15 on: 01:49 PM - 11/30/21 »
I don't know how you guys playing any game today, everything is bs. All the games today is made for causal players who don't play alot, for example, Activision made a patent to make everyone a good player, etc in EA has a patent they just lie about it. why they do it? FOR MORE MONEY
you buy the microtransactions that are in the game and then you will get some "adjustments" to be better because you gave them money . so you know guys it was good but GG multiplayer ...

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:01 PM - 12/01/21 »
One of my biggest issues is this new Blitz stuff.  It's too many people on these small maps for any enjoyment.  Mere seconds from spawn to death.  Worse even, I can't seem to avoid it.  Even with my settings at tactical I get blitz every other game.  Or other modes I do not have selected.

But as someone said maybe I am getting old.  It seems lately every FPS game I play gets worse each day LOL.  Though I keep coming back to D2 religiously.  Xbox museum has that as my most played game 5 years running now.  Madness.  I am HOPING something comes to take me away from it because I hate even that game.  Just the one I hate the least LOL.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline kcchiefsfan1982

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DuelPistolDeath
« Reply #17 on: 09:58 PM - 12/01/21 »
One of my biggest issues is this new Blitz stuff.  It's too many people on these small maps for any enjoyment.  Mere seconds from spawn to death.  Worse even, I can't seem to avoid it.  Even with my settings at tactical I get blitz every other game.  Or other modes I do not have selected.

But as someone said maybe I am getting old.  It seems lately every FPS game I play gets worse each day LOL.  Though I keep coming back to D2 religiously.  Xbox museum has that as my most played game 5 years running now.  Madness.  I am HOPING something comes to take me away from it because I hate even that game.  Just the one I hate the least LOL.

You should be playing PUBG. No excuses!

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:26 AM - 12/02/21 »
I only play hardcore and I'm usually a mid 2 kd run and gun smg player and i'm stuck around 1.5kd in HC right now.  I find it hard to see people that are just laying down and actually camping.  There is also long periods of time where I see the guy as he sees me and he has time to stop running, aim, miss a few shots and hit me before I even get my gun ads'd (connection). It's been like that for a while but seems worse in this game.  Plus the nades and score streaks are so broken in HC, if you get the flame suite guy you end the game with him . And a thrown gammon (?) bomb is a guaranteed kill every time.  On top of it all, xbox's are still stuck on moderate for some reason when the rest of my cod games are open.  I think it needs a solid update and some balancing but I'm not sure why it's taken so long to get one. 

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:30 AM - 12/02/21 »
Hey, no need for that! He was only expressing his opinion.
And I agree that CoDís MP franchise is in a bad place now. Activision has put so much emphasis on making sure that n00bs get kills that it has taken too much of the skill (and fun) away from seasoned players: sbmm, poor map design, OP weapons, bloom, badly thought out challenges, poor player progression, lacklustre kill streaks, unrewarding objective play, etc. etc.).

I gave the free weekend a go. And although I felt it was much better than MW 2019 (the worst CoD ever made, IMO) it was nowhere near as engrossing or entertaining as the OG CoDs, or even the jet pack iterations (which I also enjoyed).
Unfortunately, until peeps stop buying the game (or another Dev (Respawn?) comes up with a CoD challenger) weíre going to keep getting the same type of game each year. One that I really donít like and wonít be buying).

I couldn't have said that better. mw19 is the first year of cod I couldn't even enjoy, i literally stopped playing it fairly earl and played a second year of bo4, but this cod might not be far behind for me - although I hope it's not the case.  even cold war last year was a lot more fun (so far).  I just feel so average of a player in this one for some reason and I'm used to being first in my lobbies most the time.  And dont even get me started in the pacings, it's so broken and a stupid idea.  Just give me all maps or MAYBE 8v8 in some of the larger ones.  Hardcore already has a limited pool of people to play against, why split that amount of people into 3 smaller categories.  I HATE the blitz maps. 

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:29 AM - 12/02/21 »
maps are dog crap. The visibility is a joke and every map forces you into choke points.

This is a direct result of players demanding more realistic looking and feeling games.

Game devs make lighting more realistic looking and so we can't see s**t because that's how it is in dark alley ways in real life.
Maps forcing choke points is exactly what I would assume real military people would do, choke the enemy off to kill them easier.

I have not purchased Vanguard and it is unlikely that I will, but over the years as gfx have advanced, game play and fun has been thrown out of the window.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:45 AM - 12/02/21 »
maps are dog crap. The visibility is a joke and every map forces you into choke points.

This is a direct result of players demanding more realistic looking and feeling games.

Game devs make lighting more realistic looking and so we can't see s**t because that's how it is in dark alley ways in real life.
Maps forcing choke points is exactly what I would assume real military people would do, choke the enemy off to kill them easier.

I have not purchased Vanguard and it is unlikely that I will, but over the years as gfx have advanced, game play and fun has been thrown out of the window.

Iíd say itís the horrible map design and lack of spawn areas. You watch any gameplay of COD4 and thereís always a flank route open. You were never forced right into enemy sights on a majority of the maps. Vanguard however is trash. Thereís always activity on every lane and the spawns donít flow around the map like in COD4. Itís just random @#$% on every map.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:31 AM - 12/02/21 »

I'd say it's more to do with people not realizing how to set up their monitor correctly. Most people don't know that the default contrast setting that monitors come with crushes blacks and whites and this results in actually worse looking games because the detail in textures doesn't show and differences in color gradients are blended together, so of course a soldier in a dark green uniform will be hard to see against brown dirt.

But if you have even rudimentary knowledge on how set your contrast, brightness, and balance colors you shouldn't have that much issue with visibility. I guarantee the majority of people who complain about visibility (generally, Vanguard during beta was kind of bad) either have a bad display or bad display settings. 
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #23 on: 03:10 PM - 12/04/21 »
As long as they keep bumping up the base movement speed in these COD games, it will only get worse.

Offline Anavarz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anavarz
  • PSN ID: Anavarz_
« Reply #24 on: 03:53 AM - 12/08/21 »
I need jetpacks, wall running and huge fast slides to be able to have proper fun in COD again until then.  Cod will be forever dead

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:58 AM - 12/08/21 »
I don't know how you guys playing any game today, everything is bs. All the games today is made for causal players who don't play alot, for example, Activision made a patent to make everyone a good player, etc in EA has a patent they just lie about it. why they do it? FOR MORE MONEY
you buy the microtransactions that are in the game and then you will get some "adjustments" to be better because you gave them money . so you know guys it was good but GG multiplayer ...

That is your personal opinion. Sounds like you took quite a beating and had bad rounds.

It's like saying that all BMW cars are nonsense.

So don't ask yourself how we can play the game - some people just enjoy it. Not you. But then look outside the box and accept that it's not objectively a bad game based on your assessment.

It just is subjectively for you. So it's also not surprising that other people enjoy playing it.

Maybe one more tip: Find a group or a clan. I usually only play multiplayer with 3-6 people. I never play alone.

Alone you always have a disadvantage and it's also no fun for me. But that's the case with every shooter.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #26 on: 07:57 AM - 12/09/21 »
..accept that it's not objectively a bad game based on your assessment.
It's objectively a bad game when the game skews your result so that you can never improve at it.
It's objectively a bad game when lobbies are disbanded after each match.
It's objectively a bad game when the massively overpriced store content is better than the stuff you can earn in-game.
It's objectively a bad game when it launches full of bugs that are still not fixed.
It's objectively a bad game when nobody asked for any of the above, but got it anyway.
The fact that you enjoy playing it in a party is representative of the fact that games are usually more fun when you're kicking back with your mates. It's still, objectively, a bad game.
« Last Edit: 04:17 AM - 12/10/21 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline esrasur

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:54 AM - 01/06/22 »
It's funny that it's easier to find a lobby in MW2 on Xbox than it is in some of the more modern games.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #28 on: 07:45 AM - 01/06/22 »
I need jetpacks, wall running and huge fast slides to be able to have proper fun in COD again until then.  Cod will be forever dead

I may have actually enjoyed that if I didn't play Titanfall first. But doing so just made it feel like a cheap knockoff of the movement system.

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:36 PM - 01/09/22 »
There is hope, at least for PC gamers.

https://sm2.gg/
Xim 1000hz | Viper V2 Pro 1000hz | 1800 DPI

Admin