XIM Community

Vanguard.. How do people enjoy this nonsense?  (Read 960 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Vanguard.. How do people enjoy this nonsense?
« on: 07:25 PM - 11/22/21 »
I'm a long time COD fan, but I haven't been into it since BO3.  Just hated the direction it was going.  With that said I tried Vanguard, and I don't know @#$% I got myself into.  I literally can go 0 and 20 before I even know @#$% hit me.  Literally can't get out of spawns.  Huge numbers of players everywhere.  Far worse in HC modes.

I don't get it.  @#$% happened with this game?

I even tried setting my combat pacing to more 6v6 modes, but it still throws me into Blitz games every god @#$% match.

I'm so infuriated with how bad this game makes me out to be LOL.  I used to easily main a 3-4+ KD as a rusher (no camp life for me), but JFC this is insanity.
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard.. How do people enjoy this nonsense?
« Reply #1 on: 03:25 AM - 11/23/21 »
You getting old

These new games are made for the new generation of young'uns

Offline Sl3ipner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:02 AM - 11/23/21 »
You getting old

Hope that was tounge in cheek.

Seriously though you cant expect to jump into COD after years absence and do well. Especially with Vanguards late gun attachments and of course the SBMM.

Offline TurboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:35 AM - 11/23/21 »
I've never been into CoD MP for this same reason anyway. Only mode I enjoy is free for all. Any other mode is pretty much just pre-aiming choke points based on spawns. So boring. Much prefer BR modes, a lot more variability in what happens in each game. I tried Vanguard free to play weekend and it didn't even have free for all, the other modes were same old @#$% so I didn't last. The zombies which I'd normally be all over just doesn't appeal this year, not into playing for objectives. So there's nothing worth me buying it for atm.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:59 AM - 11/23/21 »
You getting old

Seriously though you cant expect to jump into COD after years absence and do well. Especially with Vanguards late gun attachments and of course the SBMM.

Probably was, the younguns hate this game as well. Hopefully, we'll finally get MW2MPR soon. Though, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it hate it as well.

It's funny that it's easier to find a lobby in MW2 on Xbox than it is in some of the more modern games. 
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:34 PM - 11/23/21 »
maps are dog crap. The visibility is a joke and every map forces you into choke points. That's probably my biggest issue there's no flank routes at all times like COD4/MW2 had. If you look at a mini map of COD4 during game play there's always a huge portion of the map open to flank and funny enough it's the same thing in Titanfall 2. which should be no surprise since they made COD4 when they were at IW.

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:30 AM - 11/24/21 »
You getting old

If the SBMM is working correctly, then you should be matching with other bad players if you are bad yourself no?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #7 on: 02:45 AM - 11/24/21 »
Hey, no need for that! He was only expressing his opinion.
And I agree that CoDís MP franchise is in a bad place now. Activision has put so much emphasis on making sure that n00bs get kills that it has taken too much of the skill (and fun) away from seasoned players: sbmm, poor map design, OP weapons, bloom, badly thought out challenges, poor player progression, lacklustre kill streaks, unrewarding objective play, etc. etc.).

I gave the free weekend a go. And although I felt it was much better than MW 2019 (the worst CoD ever made, IMO) it was nowhere near as engrossing or entertaining as the OG CoDs, or even the jet pack iterations (which I also enjoyed).
Unfortunately, until peeps stop buying the game (or another Dev (Respawn?) comes up with a CoD challenger) weíre going to keep getting the same type of game each year. One that I really donít like and wonít be buying).

So to return to the OPís question, I donít understand either. CoD has become a watered-down, soulless shadow of itís former self and Iím not optimistic about its future, either.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:17 AM - 11/24/21 »
I kind of like it. Not that I do any good now, but its fun when playing with friends. The overpowered shotgun, the Halo jumping nerds, the miracle one hit kills, etc...are still annoying. but fun...the flame guy is a hoot!!!! i got it a few times and it cleans house :)
« Last Edit: 08:08 AM - 11/25/21 by willthetech »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #9 on: 11:03 AM - 11/24/21 »
You getting old

I mean he can't be too old. There were multiple CoDs with these issues.

Hell MW3 you would see your enemies killcam IN YOUR KILLCAM. You would see how they died in YOUR killcam and then show them spawn and kill you.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:15 AM - 11/24/21 »
@#$% that convoluted @#$% gunsmith garbage also.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:18 PM - 11/24/21 »
I gave the free weekend a go. And although I felt it was much better than MW 2019 (the worst CoD ever made, IMO) it was nowhere near as engrossing or entertaining as the OG CoDs, or even the jet pack iterations (which I also enjoyed).
Unfortunately, until peeps stop buying the game (or another Dev (Respawn?) comes up with a CoD challenger) weíre going to keep getting the same type of game each year. One that I really donít like and wonít be buying).

So to return to the OPís question, I donít understand either. CoD has become a watered-down, soulless shadow of itís former self and Iím not optimistic about its future, either.

I share this sentiment. Ubisoft has a COD clone in the works that was developed with feedback from the Youtube COD community (like Drift0r and XclusiveAce). It looks more like a classic style COD than the newer ones but the marketing for it is so terrible I don't know if it'll ever catch on. The name of it is so generic that I can't even recall it of the top of my head.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:24 AM - 11/25/21 »
but its fun when paying with friends.
Isnít this true for all games though?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:31 AM - 11/25/21 »
XDefiant. And the gameís development has gone radio silent since September. Iím looking forward to it as well. Canít see it being a CoD Killer though.

Where's HL3?

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:31 PM - 11/26/21 »
Respawn rebooting Medal of Honor is the only thing that could be a COD killer IMO. Even that's a stretch since they lost a lot of the lead talent that worked on COD4/MW2 TF1/TF2. Gravity Well which was founded by 2 former IW/Respawn leads is also something to forward to but that's probably still years out.

https://gravitywell.games/