XIM Community

PS Remote controller (Universal PS5 and PS4 remote solution)  (Read 27698 times)

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
Re: PS Remote controller (software alternative to beloader)
« Reply #90 on: 08:19 AM - 12/28/21 »
Tested with lasted built, it work really great with xim apex at 1000hz both mouse and xim manager without purple light flashing while move my mouse.
wifi with dongle connection or wired?

Wired
Platforms: PS5
XIM APEX + Pi4 PSRC
Mouse: G502 LightSpeed
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Wooting2 Lekker Edition
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
« Reply #91 on: 08:22 AM - 12/28/21 »
Grab my money and give me link to download!!!)
I agree with this sentiment. As is stands the Beloader is the only other plug-and-play option with chiaki as an open source diy. Neither of those are appealing in comparison to what apex_vip is developing. So personally, I would support ps remote controller software either through a donation or a paid license. This view is not meant to force the developer to release the software early. Just expressing my view that this effort is very significant for the XIM PS5 community : Even if the dualsense challenge is resolved and a direct solution becomes available, this software should be supported and maintained as a backup or alternate option. So I would happily pay for that.

Totally agree
Platforms: PS5
XIM APEX + Pi4 PSRC
Mouse: G502 LightSpeed
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Wooting2 Lekker Edition
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ

Offline 9101

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 11:19 AM - 12/29/21 »
I have been expecting your software to appear as soon as possible. At present, the beloader performs very well. It can use 1000hz (DS4 V2) (202112201513) without flashing purple light. I have used the connection status for more than 100 hours and I have never disconnected ( I think wifi6 has compatibility issues, which causes disconnection). I currently have raspberry pi 4 and 3, and hope that the wired connection can be better.

Offline apex_vip

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 01:19 AM - 12/31/21 »
I have been expecting your software to appear as soon as possible. At present, the beloader performs very well. It can use 1000hz (DS4 V2) (202112201513) without flashing purple light. I have used the connection status for more than 100 hours and I have never disconnected ( I think wifi6 has compatibility issues, which causes disconnection). I currently have raspberry pi 4 and 3, and hope that the wired connection can be better.
Thanks for your support. I'm try make as speed as possible.
I'm buliding something different .My goal is not just allow you to play with xim. I want to allow people to play controller of their choice.
I take a lot of time, because I had not originally planned to make a custom firmware, but we can say that it is the best thing to do for the product.
It is also the Christmas holidays ... I do not yet have a precise date to announce to you, but I will not ask you to wait 6 months. The product is functional for testers.
A friend's advice, Start looking around you for raspberry pi2 / p3 / p4. There is a global disruption that is pushing up the prices and it is quite difficult to find at the moment. Everybody know someone with a raspberry in a drawer. It's time to explore :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 07:57 AM - 12/31/21 »
Managed to get a raspberry pi for a fair price on eBay, wont arrive until end of next week but at least i can test your software very soon! Looking forward to it apex_vip :).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Howling Mad Murdock

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 09:18 AM - 12/31/21 »
I am also pretty excited about this new Software and the functionalities added (Webinterface, use of a 2nd Controller on the same input for controlling vehicles etc.) and whether it will work on legacy devices like the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B (with 512 MB). Btw, I just got mine for about 10 Ä on eBay :-)
Currently, I'm testing the "Chiaki for the Raspberry Pi" fork from Fredrum on it. What interests me the most is how you got rid of the annoying "purple flicker" problem. I did a little bit of research and found that the Linux usbhid driver can be manually configured to define the polling interval (for mice (usbhid.mousepoll), joysticks (usbhid.jspoll), and keyboards (usbhid.kbpoll)).

Unfortunately, appending either of these settings to /boot/cmdline.txt didn't do the trick for me...
usbhid.jspoll=0 (auto detect polling rate of the Joystick/Gampad)
usbhid.jspoll=1 (setting 1000 Hz forced polling rate)

Chiaki compiled fine and somehow runs on my Raspberry Pi 1, but I still haven't got it running anywhere near perfect. Although I disabled the decoder in Chiaki's settings, it still causes a high CPU load. The controls via XIM Apex run, but after a while the connection is lost (missing heartbeat).
PS4 / PS5 | Audio Setup: Creative Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR-7506 + Mic + EZCOO HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor | XIM Apex + Logitech G502 HERO + Sony Nav Controller

Offline shaq486

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: shaq486x
  • PSN ID: shaq486
« Reply #96 on: 12:04 PM - 12/31/21 »
Hello, for me, the classical remote play via a laptop is the best. I always stream games so all the time I have a laptop beside me. So why bother to install a rasberry if I use all the time a laptop? I'm confident that in the near future it will be an update available for xim as soon as the third party controllers are released. Even regular updates as the ps5 firmware is updated. :D
Best regards and a happy new year!

Offline apex_vip

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 07:04 PM - 12/31/21 »
IWhat interests me the most is how you got rid of the annoying "purple flicker" problem. I did a little bit of research and found that the Linux usbhid driver can be manually configured to define the polling interval (for mice (usbhid.mousepoll), joysticks (usbhid.jspoll), and keyboards (usbhid.kbpoll)).

Unfortunately, appending either of these settings to /boot/cmdline.txt didn't do the trick for me...
usbhid.jspoll=0 (auto detect polling rate of the Joystick/Gampad)
usbhid.jspoll=1 (setting 1000 Hz forced polling rate)
Yes it take me some times to solve this problem. And the problem is not easy because itís not just a hid parameters.

Offline apex_vip

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 03:09 AM - 01/01/22 »
Hello, for me, the classical remote play via a laptop is the best. I always stream games so all the time I have a laptop beside me. So why bother to install a rasberry if I use all the time a laptop? I'm confident that in the near future it will be an update available for xim as soon as the third party controllers are released. Even regular updates as the ps5 firmware is updated. :D
If you are ok with this config thatís great. For me official remote ( or chaiki ) on a mac book pro last gen wired was not ok Ö

Offline Swaim

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swaim[ZP]
« Reply #99 on: 08:28 AM - 01/01/22 »
If you are ok with this config thatís great. For me official remote ( or chaiki ) on a mac book pro last gen wired was not ok Ö
Question, better get which pi? I know thar it work with pi2. 3.4 butwhich i shiuld get?

Offline xoinkx

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 07:46 AM - 01/02/22 »
Whats up With PI400?

Offline elcabone

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: elcabone_84
« Reply #101 on: 03:05 AM - 01/03/22 »
Whats up With PI400?

PI400 is not supported yet.

Pi2/3/4-Version will be stable and available at time. Pi1 is to slow (based at the last test)

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 04:28 PM - 01/03/22 »
Personal message sent!  ;D

Offline apex_vip

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 05:11 PM - 01/03/22 »
Whats up With PI400?

PI400 is not supported yet.

Pi2/3/4-Version will be stable and available at time. Pi1 is to slow (based at the last test)
Exact. Pi1 run at 1000hz and it work but it slow (not enough powerfull , there are too many crypto) i will work on later ( may be the GPU can do some work)

pi400 will be of course supported when i receive one.

Offline Swaim

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swaim[ZP]
« Reply #104 on: 04:18 AM - 01/04/22 »
Beloade guys did a lan connections aswell. I do not try apex solution, but can say beloade work great with lanconnection.
Im just say it for your information.
Im still interested in this method