XIM Community

Nexus and Racing Games like FH5?  (Read 294 times)

Offline BA3YDADDY

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BA3YDADDY
  • PSN ID: BA3YDADDY
Nexus and Racing Games like FH5?
« on: 06:21 AM - 11/22/21 »
Will we get support for Racing games?

Thx

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Nexus and Racing Games like FH5?
« Reply #1 on: 09:38 AM - 11/22/21 »
Not at launch, but we do plan on adding specific support for racing games.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:10 PM - 11/24/21 »
The thing that sets my imagination alight for the possibilities of Nexus is GTA and open world games in general.

I think there's going to need to be a way to switch the motion sensor from driving to aiming on the fly with a button press for these sorts of games.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:38 PM - 11/24/21 »
I'll definitely be looking for feedback from you all when adding in this feature.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline J4F-Scoo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: JF4-Scoo
« Reply #4 on: 03:29 PM - 11/24/21 »
Man i cant wait to get my hands on

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:30 AM - 11/25/21 »
There are many possibilities, all of them will add complexity to the setup, for some it would be great, for others it would be overwhelming.

Explanation of Roll, Pitch, Yaw for anyone that doesn't know what they are.
https://skybrary.aero/articles/axis-rotation

The reason I have provided the references for Roll, Pitch, Yaw, are because X,Y,Z  cannot be used in general, they are specific to an application, an observation view and the coordinate system used by the designer, or system.

To have the gyro do steering in driving games would need the gyro to have the equivalent of turn assist so the gyro doesn't stop and Zero itself when you stop actually moving the controller, which would need to be on a toggle.

The steering could be done either though a Roll motion ( the more standard way ) or it could also be done by a Yaw motion, it doesn't matter which is used.

So if a game wants you driving then activate a button to put the gyro into turn assist mode and only acting on the specific axis chosen for steering.  ( maybe a specific config page set up in the manager for this exact purpose ).

Another thing the Roll motion could be used for is Lean ( if it is assignable to buttons ) in games like R6 Siege the Roll of the controller could be used to activate as right and left stick buttons.
In the Siege scenario above the roll would need to be assigned only when ADS for it to work and only activate after a certain amount of tilt has been added, otherwise, whenever you tilted the controller you would be knifing or running.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 06:17 AM - 11/25/21 »
To have the gyro do steering in driving games would need the gyro to have the equivalent of turn assist so the gyro doesn't stop and Zero itself when you stop actually moving the controller
OBsIV and Lithe will know better than I, but I'm pretty sure NEXUS does this by default, or can be configured to do this.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:19 AM - 11/25/21 »
antithesis:

Give it a go, and let us know

I am sure it will be a feature of the future if it isn't there already.

I really like the idea of being able to tilt the controller to the side to do other things, like lean, or even reload.
These are functions I am used to having.
As I keep saying, the more functionality that gets put into the xim, the more complicated the configuration becomes.

Admin