XIM Community

Fastest wired remote play without router needed nearby (PS5)  (Read 371 times)

Offline SIXRIP7ER

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: unaware_beseiger
For those who don't have the convenience of having their router next to them and want the minimal input lag that comes with wired remote play, all you need is a laptop and a short ethernet cable.

1) Plug one end of a ethernet cable into a laptop and another end directly into your ps5.

2) Go into your laptops network settings and change adaptor settings.

3) Here you should see the ethernet connection to your ps5 come up as a unidentified network and you should also see your WIFI adaptor which should be connected to your internet.

4) Right click on the WIFI adaptor which is connected to the internet, and go into properties. From there into the sharing tab, and select "Allow other Network Users to connect through this computers internet connection". If you have multiple options here, choose the ethernet connection that connects to your ps5.

5) Now go on your ps5 and it should now have access to internet.

6) Start remote play and connect the XIM apex to the laptop and you should now have the fastest possible remote play experience.

Note:
You can even turn off your laptops WIFI while using remote play and it will continue working without internet letting you play offline games on the ps5 using your XIM through remote play, Which also shows that the entire communication is through the ethernet connection between the laptop and ps5.

For me this works perfect since the router is too far, however my laptop and router are both wifi-6. I did a internet speed test on both the ps5 and laptop and it was about the same.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
All I have to say is this is brilliant. In fact, I think if this method could be reduced to something like a Raspberry Pi it would be better than any solution presented so far. Thanks for sharing this. :-)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
All I have to say is this is brilliant. In fact, I think if this method could be reduced to something like a Raspberry Pi it would be better than any solution presented so far. Thanks for sharing this. :-)

This comes at the cost of using Wifi internet on the PS5 though, which personally i would avoid at all costs.
A Rock Pi E would be an idea maybe, offers Wifi as well as dual Ethernet so you could use the idea either via Ethernet or Wifi. That way the user would have a choice instead of being forced to use Wifi.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rock-Pi-E-A-compact-Raspberry-Pi-alternative-with-dual-Ethernet-ports.483207.0.html
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Od1n, in that case (full wired but router is far) you'd use an network switch.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline SIXRIP7ER

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: unaware_beseiger
If you have access to a Ethernet usb 3.0 adaptor, you can have a wired connection to the router as well for internet. This solution was for when it isint possible to have wired connection to your router.