XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Broken Xim Apex  (Read 145 times)

Offline legaxy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Iegaxy
[ACTIVE] Broken Xim Apex
« on: 02:45 PM - 11/28/21 »
Bought a xim apex and have loved it no problems but itís stopped working seems itís broken. Whenever i plug in the 3 port usb the xim color goes to a static white. What should i do or know about this.
« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 11/29/21 by mist4fun »

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Broken Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 06:49 PM - 11/28/21 »
White light normally means some kind of fault with one of your peripherals. Have you tried a different device in that slot?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 07:44 PM - 11/28/21 »
White LED typically indicates corruption of a XIM game config. Download the latest beta XIM APEX firmware from https://xim.tech/beta and perform a Factory Reset with it.

Note that you'll need to recreate your game configs from scratch rather than restoring a backup. Corruption will reoccur if you paste an incompatible config onto XIM APEX, or restore a corrupted backup.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:21 AM - 11/29/21 »
White LED typically indicates corruption of a XIM game config. Download the latest beta XIM APEX firmware from https://xim.tech/beta and perform a Factory Reset with it.

Note that you'll need to recreate your game configs from scratch rather than restoring a backup. Corruption will reoccur if you paste an incompatible config onto XIM APEX, or restore a corrupted backup.

Ah, that's interesting. I normally get a white light if I remove and re-plug my mouse etc and I have to power cycle my XIM.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 07:44 AM - 11/29/21 »
I've had that happen too :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:36 AM - 11/29/21 »
A crash can be caused by corruption or an attached device. Does your APEX white light if the controller is connected directly to APEX without the hub?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin