XIM Community

GK61 60% Keyboard  (Read 117 times)

Offline alyias

• View Profile
GK61 60% Keyboard
« on: 01:08 AM - 11/19/21 »
does anyone know if the HK Gaming GK61 keyboard is compatible with xim? iím looking to buy a 60% keyboard for a budget price and this one looks good!

thanks in advance if anyone has any information.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: GK61 60% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 04:45 AM - 11/19/21 »
Before you buy a 60%, consider a 65% with dedicated arrow keys. I use a Razer Huntsman Mini (the latest one) and it works wired or wirelessly with XIM APEX. I normally donít go for Razer but this one is a stonker.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:30 AM - 11/21/21 »
Before you buy a 60%, consider a 65% with dedicated arrow keys. I use a Razer Huntsman Mini (the latest one) and it works wired or wirelessly with XIM APEX. I normally donít go for Razer but this one is a stonker.
I think you mixed up the  huntsman mini with the blackwidow v3 mini, the huntsman mini
is a wired 60 percent kb.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:15 AM - 11/21/21 »
Yes, you're right. I meant the BW V3 Mini. I gave the Huntsman to my daughter because it lacked the arrow keys and didn't have a wireless option. Thanks for the correction  ;)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:15 PM - 11/21/21 »
Consider up coming wooting 60he, i have been using wooting 2he edition for the past couple of months it is night and day improvement over there previous keyboard using analog setting for console gaming.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 06:21 PM - 11/21/21 »
I nearly pulled the trigger on the 60HE, but dedicated arrow keys are incredibly useful. Wooting does a decent job of accessing them via modifiers, but it's not quite the same user experience.

I also moved to an Azeron for console gaming, which is superior for analog input over the Wooting kbs.

Finally, the Blackwidow has a couple of wireless options - BlueTooth (which is always unreliable for keyboards) and a wireless USB dongle (rock-solid reliability).

On that basis, I couldn't justify the purchase of the 60HE, but I agree that it's an excellent 60% keyboard.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:25 PM - 11/21/21 »
I nearly pulled the trigger on the 60HE, but I really appreciate the dedicated arrow keys. I also moved to an Azeron for console gaming, which is superior for analog input over the Wooting kbs. On that basis, I couldn't justify the purchase of the 60HE.

Yeah i get it Anti i have 2 azerons really wanted to adjust but not for me but still hanging around for possible keyboard detections  ;)