XIM Community

Mist about Vanguard's ADS delay value  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Hsinotsha

• View Profile
Re: Mist about Vanguard's ADS delay value
« Reply #30 on: 09:35 PM - 11/19/21 »
Went ahead and tested this for myself with 3.2 + gradual + deactivation delay. Feeling a heavy unnatural jump in sens on my hip as soon as I exit Ads. Felt it with the Mp40 and STG.

I switched back to using my Bo4 st with all in game settings to default expect max sens and that feels most natural to me currently.

I did give instant + 1.0 multiplier  + my hip x3 for ads in the app a try and that felt the most natural w/ the Vanguard ST. However, aiming still didn’t feel great.

I feel that gradual gives a very unnatural movement feeling

Offline wat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:38 PM - 11/19/21 »
im almost positive the old cod uses gradual so im gonna stick with that on vanguard. so same setup as mw.

also on 1.00 ads multiplier because i dont see the need for 3.2 as i pick my controller up sometimes and that would throw me way off.

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:34 PM - 11/19/21 »
Why the deactivation value? I run gradual + 1 and don't have any issues at all.
I use the matutaiki curve and manage still my +4kdr
could you share the curve

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12:07 AM - 11/20/21 »
I'm so lost. Is this ads multiplayer on the gsme options? If so the default would me 1, so isn't that what the gsme is trained off of?

Edit : just saw mist post the thread that shows the settings for each game.  Maybe that's why my ads sense has to be so much higher/felt bad
« Last Edit: 12:19 AM - 11/20/21 by ShaneN. »

Offline Boonersooner

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:10 AM - 11/20/21 »
Yea I feel it on mp40

Loadout is
Optic- Nadar model 47
Muzzle- marauder flash hinder
Underbarrel- mark vI skeletal
Rear grip- leather
Ammo type- supersonic

When u aim in and out then do a 360 in hip right after  you feel it bad.. then compare that to a normal hip 360... have the settings you told me and still occurs... but this doesn't occur if you do normal 1x sense and double your ads on xim.

Edit:
But using an automaton you do not feel it. Only really on mp40 from what I tested.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:44 AM - 11/20/21 »
Okay whne I set it to 3.2 I now feel what everyone is talking about. Every time I let off ads it speeds up or something. Does xim4 have this ads deactivation setting or whatever?  It's unplayable like this. If I go back to 1.0 and set my ads Sens like 2.5 times higher it doesn't do it as bad.

Edit : for me it feels best if I almost triple my sense while using ads setting 1.0 and also om instant instead of gradual
« Last Edit: 03:53 AM - 11/20/21 by ShaneN. »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:00 AM - 11/20/21 »
@mist
Does the look mechanic change with the ADS multiplier like it did on Modern Warfare 2019? 
Or are we able to set the multiplier to default 1.0 and it remains 1:1

Offline LyndonLauder

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:09 AM - 11/20/21 »
if your gun aims in at 400ms and your ads delay is 224ms of course there is going to be a jump.

just change the ads delay to whatever gun you are using, the gun stats tell you the exact ads time.

gradual>instant

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:37 AM - 11/20/21 »
if your gun aims in at 400ms and your ads delay is 224ms of course there is going to be a jump.

just change the ads delay to whatever gun you are using, the gun stats tell you the exact ads time.

gradual>instant

No, it‘s not the solution, you‘re wrong. There is a jump even with gradual and ADS multiplier.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:58 AM - 11/20/21 »

gradual>instant

No, it‘s not the solution, you‘re wrong. There is a jump even with gradual and ADS multiplier.

Agreed. This is something I've never felt  before. When I let off ads it jumps up to what feels like 10x my Sens and launches your view across the screen. Used the vanguard st all night on 1.0 with about 2.5 times higher sense than usual for ads in the xim config, and it felt way better. Instant also feels much better to me than gradual for whatever reason but I assume that's a different issue

Offline von90dead

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07:59 AM - 11/20/21 »

gradual>instant

Yes, i agree with you.
The transition is not smooth.

Offline roy3805

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: uljt-
« Reply #41 on: 01:21 PM - 11/20/21 »
What weapons are people using when they feel a "Jump" coming out of ADS?

I'm not feeling this issue using Gradual and I'm not using ADS deactivation, just ADS Delay.

I'm mostly using AR's and SMG's.

When you use the recommended settings in game for this ST there was only a jump from Ads to Hip. But changing from instant to gradual helps a lot

Offline wat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:47 PM - 11/20/21 »
You don’t need to be on 3.2 ads.

Set it to gradual, 1.0 ads. Add a delay to both that matches the load out you’re using.

My hip is 44cm/360
Ads is 59cm/360
Fov 100 affected

Works exactly like MW/warzone or any other cod for that matter.

Edit: instant can work with zero delays. But it’s not 100% instant. And that’s not how the other cods ads transitioned if you’re used to them. That would be entirely up to you on feel. But regardless I think 3.2 ads should be avoided because it skyrockets your sensitivity unless you find a delay or whatever that perfectly negates it. Which I don’t think can work 100% of the time due to pulling in and out of ads while turning.
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 11/20/21 by wat »

Offline Raansu

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05:26 PM - 11/20/21 »
I stopped using instant ads transitions and used the second option.  Standard or gradual whatever it's called I can't remember, but it's perfect now for me.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:44 AM - 11/21/21 »
I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm on xim4, with ads set to 3. 2 in game settings and trying both gradual or instant, when I let off of ads'ing it launches my view really really bad.   I keep seeing a deactivation delay discussed, does xim 4 have this option? Where can I find it and what do I do with it?

Admin